Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which current Redskins players can compare to Gilbert Arenas?

SkinsTight

Gilbert = No one on the Skins

Caron = Sellers (the toughest SOBs in DC; total team players)

Jamison = Randle El (two unconventional players)

Haywood = Dockery (2 guys drafted by the DC organizations who are just realizing their potential)

Stevenson = Marcus Washington (2 underrated players who are defenders)

Daniels = Daniels (2 old team leaders)

Hayes = Kenny Wright (hurt the team more than they help it)

Ruffin (as a PF) = Salavea (their impacts are not quite realized)

Ruffin (as a C) = Holdman (gets playing time over a better player for some reason)

Blatche = Rogers (2 guys we are hoping will become stars)

Booth = Demetric Evans (2 cheap players who contribute if given playing time)

Etan = Lloyd (care a lot about their arts)

Donnell Taylor = Reed Doughty (2 young late-round or undrafted guys who are 3rd stringers)

Darius Songaila = Pierson Prioleau (have been hurt the whole season; were slated to play important roles)

I'm not going to bother coming up with comparisons for Roger Mason

Those are some pretty cool observations and I agree with almost all of them. I don't see how anyone could fail to make the connection between CP and "0" though. Sure Arenas probably has a more elite status in the NBA than CP does as a running back in the NFL, but even thats debatable considering Portis is definitely a top 10 and possibly top 5 back. But when you throw in the off the field/court similarities the connection is obvious. Both of these guys are nuts (or eccentric to be polite), both are about as carefree and easy going as pro athletes come, and both play their respective games with a major chip on their shoulders.

i have been a wizards fan since 97 and went through all the horrible years. Now its very exciting i just wish we had the same foresight ernie grunsfield has with the wizards with the redskins

1997? That's when they started getting respectable then. With a playoof run with Sticktland, Webber and Howard. I however went from 1979 (when they lost to Seattle for the title) until 1998 with only 2 playoff appearances (1982 and 1988). THOSE were the bad years. We were the Clippers east.

Archived