Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Casserly Keeping His Options Open

mhd24

Ron Wolfe has been out of the league forever. We need new blood -- not another grandpa to go with our collection of them.

Most of all, we need someone who's going to tell Snyder to get rid of sycophants like Cerrato. Of course, the only guy who did that was Schottenheimer and we all know how that worked out.

Ouch. Did someone actually credit casserly for shutting up and taking picks from mike ditka?? If that's what it takes for casserly to not get burned in the draft, don't hold your breath, you won't make it.

JUST SAY NO TO CASSERLY! It was Snyder's first move that won me over. Casserly ran a champion into the ground while living off the reputations of Beathard & Gibbs.

I am sorry, but please do not bring back Casserly

I just need to bring up Westbrook, Shuler, Andre Johnson, 3 picks for Brad Johnson, 1 playoff apperance without Joe Gibbs,

I think he sucks too but wasn't he also there when we drafted Schlereth in the 10th round, Brian Mitchell in the 5th, Keenan McCardell in the 12th, Frank Wycheck in the 6th round, Tre Johnson in the 2nd. Those were all pro bowlers.

Shawn Barber, Derek Smith, ND Kalu, Kenard Lang, Stephen Alexander, have all been good players on other teams as well.

Casserly did make a lot of bad picks though and I don't think he would stop Gibbs from running things the way he wants anyway so what would be the point of having him? I think we just need someone here to stop all the giving away of draft picks and offering up rediculous contracts to average at best players.

Casserly got over a decade of chances with the skins and failed miserably. What era of Skins history do we remember more for it's draft futility than the '90s? Our draft history during Gibbs return has gotten blasted by some, yet my impression is that it has been an excellent period, partly because we have gotten some good players out of the draft and partly because in a decade of picks we got so few decent players under Casserly. In 3 years with Gibbs we've gotten Sean Taylor, Carlos Rogers, Jason Campbell, Chris Cooley, Ladell Betts, Derrick Dockery, Kedric Golston... That easily equals (at least) what we got in a decade with Casserly.

Ladell and Dock were Spurrier picks...Casserly was against Heath Shuler he wanted Trent Dilfer...Shuler was Norv's hand picked choice...The rest I cant argue!

Forget his stint with the Skins. The fact is that he has done a pathetic job as GM of the Texans. Considering his draft positions and availabale cap, his paltry successes are a true indication of his incompetence. For some, Charley may have had a decent track record with the Skins (very debatable I think), but he has done nothing the last few years to merit any consideration.

Casserly wasn't very good for us and really probably the beginning of us falling apart. Now Bobby Beatherd (my apologies since i am sure i spelled it wrong and am way too lazy to look it up right now) was the man. But I agree we need a proven guy, or someone with something to prove (new blood). I mean a couple of the Texans guys are allright but he never put the team together. And drafting Mario Williams will haunt him and probably MW for life. That kid had no chance to succeed there. No matter how good he plays will never live up to the hype that he was drafted over Bush, Leinhart, and others that could have changed that team immediately. And probably could have traded down got draft picks, and still have drafted Williams. We dont need that dude.

What the hell was that article about it was a 2 page drivel filled third grader piece that may as well have been tilted my friend Charlie ...

I think Len really needs to take a step back because his hatred for Dan Snyder is truly effecting his ability to do his job in the worst way.

The most interesting thing part of the article is the way he glosses over CC's record as a GM here and in Texas.

I have no hard feelings for Casserly, but I agree - I'd rather leave that idea alone.

I'm not sure how Casserly was "wronged". - When the team doesn't have success, you get replaced. Especially when new ownership comes in. - See Miami and Minnesota - Both of their GM's were fired last year. We they "wronged"?

Amen. Let's keep that in the past...

Archived