Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread

TK

Guest Rafterman
He's showing improvement week to week and not making the same mistakes. Plus he throws a great deep ball. You guys have to remember that the coaching staff paid him no attention and weren't getting him ready to play at all when Brunell was the starter. With the rest of the games this season and a full offseason to work on his technique and with his receivers I think he'll have a good year next year. Our offense could actually be pretty damn good next year.
:applause:

That's exactly right, and it was TOTAL imcompetancy on their part.

A blind man could see that Boonell didn't have the tools to do the job.

Gibbs love affair with Boonell cost this team DEARLY.

Imagine how much better this season would have gone if they had Jason ready, and in there, from jump street.

Jason's still aiming the ball. He's on target for the most part, but on the midrange stuff still clearly trying to think the ball out there. Can't wait to see him get comfortable enough over the next couple years where he's ready to just rip it rather than aim it.

Of course as I wrote that, he threw one 70 in the air to ARE. :)

Campbell looked better today, mainly because he didn't throw any INTs. He faced no pressure, which obviously helps. He had 7.29 YPA, which is his best of the year, and an 80.3 QB rating, which is a big improvement from the past two weeks.

Still, he is inconsistent, making a few very good throws and then making a number of other throws that are totally inaccurate-- either way too high or way too low. He made quite a few bad decisions, where he threw it to guys who were totally covered, and had no chance of making a play. Those kinds of throws usually end up being picked off, but the Saints' DBs didn't seem to be looking for the ball. He had a 46.4% competion percentage, which is abysmal, and his worst of the year. You don't make it in the NFL throwing for 46.4%.

I think Baldinger hit it on the head early in game, when he said the rest of the year should be about deciding whether or not to tie our fortunes to Campbell. Based on what he's done so far, I don't think we should be jumping the gun and putting all our eggs in one basket in some kind of blind declaration that Campbell is "the future". Unfortunately, it seems Gibbs may have done that, and some fans have followed suit.

He has positive attributes, but I don't think it is either wise or safe for the team or fans to put all our hopes on Campbell at this point.

Campbell looked better today, mainly because he didn't throw any INTs. He faced no pressure, which obviously helps. He had 7.29 YPA, which is his best of the year, and an 80.3 QB rating, which is a big improvement from the past two weeks.

Still, he is inconsistent, making a few very good throws and then making a number of other throws that are totally inaccurate-- either way too high or way too low. He made quite a few bad decisions, where he threw it to guys who were totally covered, and had no chance of making a play. Those kinds of throws usually end up being picked off, but the Saints' DBs didn't seem to be looking for the ball. He had a 46.4% competion percentage, which is abysmal, and his worst of the year. You don't make it in the NFL throwing for 46.4%.

I think Baldinger hit it on the head early in game, when he said the rest of the year should be about deciding whether or not to tie our fortunes to Campbell. Based on what he's done so far, I don't think we should be jumping the gun and putting all our eggs in one basket in some kind of blind declaration that Campbell is "the future". Unfortunately, it seems Gibbs may have done that, and some fans have followed suit.

He's been playing with the starters for a month, meaning that the rest of the league, literally, including all of the veterans that he's playing against, have been playing for full speed since early September, and with the starting teams since April. Get off of his back.

I don't mind being realistic, but this assessment of someone who's basically a ROOKIE after a handful of games, who's beaten both Carolina AND the Saints, is ridiculous.

I'm sure you'd want to bench Peyton after his first season, right?

:jerk:

It's nice to have a QB that throws the ball out in front of the receiver instead of behind the receiver and out of bounds. We should have put Campbell in after week 2, and I say week 2 only because we knew Gibbs wasn't going to play anyone but Brunell to start the season.

He's been playing with the starters for a month, meaning that the rest of the league, literally, including all of the veterans that he's playing against, have been playing for full speed since early September, and with the starting teams since April. Get off of his back.

I don't mind being realistic, but this assessment of someone who's basically a ROOKIE after a handful of games, who's beaten both Carolina AND the Saints, is ridiculous.

I'm sure you'd want to bench Peyton after his first season, right?

:jerk:

If you think Jason Campbell is Peyton Manning, you are insane. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Jumping the gun and going way overbaord. Listen, I'm not saying we should CUT HIM. I'm just saying we shouldn't bet all our chips on him.

By the way, these are Peyton Manning's stats from his rookie year:

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

1998 IND 16 326 575 56.7 3739 6.5 26 78 28 71.2

His second year, and all 8 years since, his completion percentage has been over 60%. His career stats:

Career 141 3059 4790 63.9 36817 7.7 266 86 139 93.7

If you think Jason Campbell is Peyton Manning, you are insane. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Jumping the gun and going way overbaord. Listen, I'm not saying we should cut him. I'm just saying we shouldn't bet all our chips on him.

Wow...way to make a stretch there AJ. No one compared him to Manning. The poster just pointed out that Manning struggled in his first year the same way all young QB's have at one time or another.

Your hatred to Jason is so over the top......

Wow...way to make a stretch there AJ. No one compared him to Manning. The poster just pointed out that Manning struggled in his first year the same way all young QB's have at one time or another.

Your hatred to Jason is so over the top......

1. He absolutely did compare him to Manning.

2. I do not "hate" Campbell.

3. What is over the top is the way this team and its fans consistently act like birds...constantly chasing after shiny objects, only to end up splattered on the windshield of an oncoming truck.

This is the first time I've seen JC play..dont get many game in SoCal...but is it just me or does he get REAL low under center?! Looks like he is gunna fall on his ...well you know..:laugh:

Yeah...the squat is weird. Height is the obvious reason. It is probably what is causing the botched exchanges.

:applause:

That's exactly right, and it was TOTAL imcompetancy on their part.

A blind man could see that Boonell didn't have the tools to do the job.

Gibbs love affair with Boonell cost this team DEARLY.

Imagine how much better this season would have gone if they had Jason ready, and in there, from jump street.

Sorry

The O-line is much improved

I am not saying Brunell would be better...I am saying the difference is not just JC.....

Besides, one game does NOT make a season, compare this game (JC vs NO) to Brunells best

Also

JC might have improved while on the bench for 1/2 season

I am no going to call the coaching staff incompetent

JC obviously needs to work on some things this offseason. He has been a little inconsistent at times. He also has been a little late at times. I thought he made some good decisions today with his throws he just was a little off on his accuracy.

I think he is the future. I think the skins need to start looking for a young backup they can develop for the future. They need to cut one of the veterans they have now.

I just hope JC can take the offseason, work hard, and continue to develop.

Although I usually don't agree with many of the things you have to say I do think this comment is right on the money!

3. What is over the top is the way this team and its fans consistently act like birds...constantly chasing after shiny objects, only to end up splattered on the windshield of an oncoming truck.

So true..

I agree, Campbell looked very good today. Yes, he had some bad throws but overall probably his best performance to date. That being said, he saw almost no pass rush from the Saints today. They didn't touch him until the idiot(Saunders) decides to put some junk gimmic play into the lineup after we have been dominating all game. Anyway, Campbell gets a B+ rating for the game today and I must say that I am starting to see the progress in him that we all had hoped for once he got his number called. :logo:

5 starts he is 2-3...

with a comeback victory included and we have been in every one of those games...what else can you ask for right now..?

If the D can play that way all game we can win with campbell until he developes completely...

For the guy who stalks every Campbell thread to try and downplay his ability...

Please give it and just accept that he is the man for the skins future...

I've had questions about Campbell since he was drafted.

Because he threatened your boy Ramsey, for christs sake man get over it. You have some serious issues. Hey do you hate Eric Mangini and Chad Pennington too? I forgot its probably Campbells fault Ramsey is going to get cut from the Jets. Damn that Jason Campbell for screwing the immortal Patrick Ramsey out of his spot in the Hall of Fame!!!

JC obviously needs to work on some things this offseason. He has been a little inconsistent at times. He also has been a little late at times. I thought he made some good decisions today with his throws he just was a little off on his accuracy.

The batted passes are also continuing.

I think he is the future.

Don't do that yet. This team needs to be SMART for a change instead of just throwing all their hopes on one player who hasn't even shown that kind of ability yet.

I think the skins need to start looking for a young backup they can develop for the future. They need to cut one of the veterans they have now.

I just hope JC can take the offseason, work hard, and continue to develop.

We need somebody on the roster who we have a reasonable amount of confidence can go in and take the team as far as it can go. Not another rookie. Brunell is not it. Collins may be, but he hasn't played much.

Archived