Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread

TK

Campbell looked better today, mainly because he didn't throw any INTs. He faced no pressure, which obviously helps. He had 7.29 YPA, which is his best of the year, and an 80.3 QB rating, which is a big improvement from the past two weeks..

He didn't face as much pressure...and he took advantage of it.

Still, he is inconsistent, making a few very good throws and then making a number of other throws that are totally inaccurate-- either way too high or way too low. He made quite a few bad decisions, where he threw it to guys who were totally covered, and had no chance of making a play. Those kinds of throws usually end up being picked off, but the Saints' DBs didn't seem to be looking for the ball. He had a 46.4% competion percentage, which is abysmal, and his worst of the year. You don't make it in the NFL throwing for 46.4%..

He did throw high and low

I think some of the low passes were to avoid the INT...so I am OK with these...sure they could be better...But I would rather it be Incomplete than Intercepted. Throwing into coverage I saw at the end of the first half...I am OK with this also. Moss makes a play....we get three. Intercepted? Then NO has to go 80 yards in 25 seconds.

I think Baldinger hit it on the head early in game, when he said the rest of the year should be about deciding whether or not to tie our fortunes to Campbell. Based on what he's done so far, I don't think we should be jumping the gun and putting all our eggs in one basket in some kind of blind declaration that Campbell is "the future". Unfortunately, it seems Gibbs may have done that, and some fans have followed suit...

I would not say Campbell is the only future...lets see if he KEEPS improving

He has positive attributes, but I don't think it is either wise or safe for the team or fans to put all our hopes on Campbell at this point.

We are not putting all our hopes on him...team sport

I am optimistic today....

Today JC did not lose the game....and I do think he can win some if needed

I think Gibbs can win a SB with JC, lets hope JC continues to improve

Because he threatened your boy Ramsey, for christs sake man get over it. You have some serious issues. Hey do you hate Eric Mangini and Chad Pennington too? I forgot its probably Campbells fault Ramsey is going to get cut from the Jets. Damn that Jason Campbell for screwing the immortal Patrick Ramsey out of his spot in the Hall of Fame!!!

I have not mentioned Patrick Ramsey once in this thread, nor do my responses have anything do with him. Campbell played on a championship team in college with a ridiculous running game. He was solid, but average. Nobody but us was prepared to take him in the first round, and we traded away three picks to get him. I have not seen ability that matches that confidence yet, nor do I see it in what he did in college.

In addition, my confidence in Gibbs's eye for QBs is not strong...not based on what he did with Ramsey, but based on his blind allegiance to Mark Brunell. Anybody still think Brunell ever even being on this team makes sense?

JC is looking pretty good. I can tell that he's starting to get the grips on the offense. In time, when he learns that you don't have to throw 50 yards downfield every play I think he can be a good one.

I think you will find that was the gameplan rather than JC just looking deep off his own bat. There was clearly an intention to run Betts and then go deep off play action - classic Gibbs gameplan.

JC looked really sharp first half - so so second half. He did make a clutch throw on the 3rd down though on the last drive which got us the last touchdown.

All in all very encouraging.

At least 1 TD in every start so far.

Campbell is only here because Gibbs was too stupid to see that Ramsey is a Hall of Fame player. Or would have been, anyway, if Gibbs wasn't so stupid and undermined him and ruined his life and doomed the Redskins to another decade of mediocrity.

Ramsey good.

Gibbs, Brunell and Campbell bad.

Campbell is only here because Gibbs was too stupid to see that Ramsey is a Hall of Fame player. Or would have been if Gibbs wasn't so stupid and undermined him and ruined his life and doomed the Redskins to another decase of mediocrity.

Ramsey good.

Wow Om. I knew you were educated but didn't know you could actually translate Ramseian.

As Jed Clampett would say: "Oooo wee! Listen to that boy cipher..."

Campbell is only here because Gibbs was too stupid to see that Ramsey is a Hall of Fame player. Or would have been, anyway, if Gibbs wasn't so stupid and undermined him and ruined his life and doomed the Redskins to another decade of mediocrity.

Ramsey good.

Did Om have too many :40oz: after today's victory?? :laugh:

Ramsey good.

Right. The question remains why we turned down a first round pick offer for Ramsey and then didn't play him, and ended up trading him away for a 6th. The question remains why we didn't draft Roethlisberger. The question remains why we traded away a pick for Brunell when he was going to be released, signed him to a ridiculously large contract, and kept trying to make it work when it was clear he didn't have it anymore. The question remains why we didn't sign Drew Brees last year, whose team just won their division based largely on the performance of its offense.

Likewise, the question remains why we traded away picks equaling the #14 pick to only get the #25, and use it on a player who was likely to go around #35, or lower.

Ramsey good.

Brunell Playoffs...Ramsey = turnover machine

Gibbs = HOFer.......... Ramsey, ON THE BENCH (Do they have Benches in Canton?)

Campbell...to early to tell but today was nice

Gibbs does NOT equal stupid

Drew Brees had no touchdowns and an interception. No way is he the future of the Saints...:rolleyes: The logic on this board kills me. It doesnt matter what Campbell does this season because nothing matters until h e gets an offseason as the starting QB. Completion percentages are not going to be high when you are building chemistry with the wideouts on the run. The fact that he is making plays at all is a huge bonus. No judgement can be made on Campbell until he gets an offseason. Look how awful Alex Smith looked last season on his accuracy.

Ramsey = Turnover

Repeat

Ramsey = Turnover

Gibbs no likey turnover

Gibbs no likey Ramsey

Campbell has played 5 games and lost two single-handedly by throwing backbreaking INTs. Brunell had three fumbles returned for TDs in 2004 before he was benched. Both players have been equally as likely as Ramsey to turn it over. The statement is inaccurate.

For the record, I would rather have Roethlisberger than Ramsey. I do, however think it would have been much better to play Ramsey than to sign Brunell or draft Campbell. Brunell has proven me right, Campbell has not proven me wrong yet.

yeah FeaturePresentation doesn't agree with anything AJ says.

The kid is a rookie and who else do we have to look forward in the future? He shouldn't even be considered the QB for the future as he's the QB1 right now.

AJ you are way to cynical.

The Board > AJ_Skins

I'm not here looking to be popular.

Campbell has played 5 games and lost two single-handedly by throwing backbreaking INTs. Brunell had three fumbles returned for TDs in 2004 before he was benched. Both players have been equally as likely as Ramsey to turn it over. The statement is inaccurate.

For the record, I would rather have Roethlisberger than Ramsey. I do, however think it would have been much better to play Ramsey than to sign Brunell or draft Campbell. Brunell has proven me right, Campbell has not proven me wrong yet.

Ramsey threw (Past Tense) like he could thread the needle......sorry he couldn't

Ramsey played with guts...he just didn't LISTEN TO THE COACH

Ramsey = Turnover = losing games

And

My biggest complaint about Campbell has been his Turnovers...this improved today

Ramsey threw (Past Tense) like he could thread the needle......sorry he couldn't

Ramsey played with guts...he just didn't LISTEN TO THE COACH

Ramsey = Turnover = losing games

And

My biggest complaint about Campbell has been his Turnovers...this improved today

All I'm saying is, the numbers do not back up your statement. Facts are often inconvenient, I realize.

All I'm saying is, the numbers do not back up your statement. Facts are often inconvenient, I realize.

My opinion is Ramsey would not listen to Gibbs when Gibbs would say....EAT THE BALL, DO NOT THROW THE INTERCEPTION.

The fact that Ramsey was a Turnover Machine has yet to be proven false by you

Ramsey = Turnover Machine

I'm not here looking to be popular.

You're just here to piss off others by saying the skins should have stayed with a qb who is now #3 on the depth chart behind a guy with 2 shoulder surgeries and a rookie. God I wish we could have him back.

Campbell has made mistakes but also shown more flashes of positives in 5 games then Ramsey did in his entire tenure. Stop living in the damn past you can't go back and change it. unless you convince Gibbs to make you GM or you start one of those stupid petition threads to get them to resign Ramsey after he is cut in the off season.

We would have scored 6 TDs if we still had Ramsey.....

I <3 Patrick

:rolleyes:

Campbell looks to be improving. I definitely like what I have been seeing. As for the whole draft position thing when we got him, other teams have said they were pondering taking JC late in the 1st or very early in the 2nd. We had a trading partner and that is how it went. How many years are we going to whine about this for? We have a new QB. Lets give the guy some time and let him grow into the position.

HTTR!!! :helmet:

OK AJ

The numbers........

Brunell Career = TDs 182......INT 106

Ramsey (aka Turnover Machine) = TDs 34.......INT 29

58% of the time Brunell threw a TD he would throw an INT

For Ramsey..................................85%

Those are the Numbers

Owened

PS

RAMSEY = TURNOVER MACHINE

My opinion is Ramsey would not listen to Gibbs when Gibbs would say....EAT THE BALL, DO NOT THROW THE INTERCEPTION.

The fact that Ramsey was a Turnover Machine has yet to be proven false by you

Ramsey = Turnover Machine

OK, since you forced me to do it. This past offseason, I had a thread where I ran all the numbers. I averaged out Brunell and Ramsey's numbers as starters under Gibbs and multiplied them over a 16 game season, and this is what you got:

BRUNELL AVG. SEASON UNDER GIBBS

2,893 yards

55.4% Comp.

19 TDs

10 INTs

6 Fumbles Lost

Total Turnovers: 16

QB rating: 78.6

Record: 8-8

RAMSEY AVG. SEASON UNDER GIBBS

3,001 yards

65.4% Comp.

18 TDs

14 INTs

2 Fumbles lost

QB rating: 82.5

Record: 7-9

Now here is the same for Campbell so far:

CAMPBELL AVG. SEASON UNDER GIBBS

2,934 yards

50.7% Comp.

22 TDs

16 INTs

0 Fumbles lost

QB rating: 71.4

Record: 6-10

All three have averaged exactly the same-- one turnover per game-- over the past three years under Gibbs.

Archived