Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread

TK

OK, since you forced me to do it. This past offseason, I had a thread where I ran all the numbers. I averaged out Brunell and Ramsey's numbers as starters under Gibbs and multiplied them over a 16 game season, and this is what you got:

BRUNELL AVG. SEASON UNDER GIBBS

2,893 yards

55.4% Comp.

19 TDs

10 INTs

6 Fumbles Lost

Total Turnovers: 16

QB rating: 78.6

Record: 8-8

RAMSEY AVG. SEASON UNDER GIBBS

3,001 yards

65.4% Comp.

18 TDs

14 INTs

2 Fumbles lost

QB rating: 82.5

Record: 7-9

Now here is the same for Campbell so far:

CAMPBELL AVG. SEASON UNDER GIBBS

2,934 yards

50.7% Comp.

22 TDs

16 INTs

0 Fumbles lost

QB rating: 71.4

Record: 6-10

All three have averaged exactly the same-- one turnover per game-- over the past three years under Gibbs.

:laugh: Thats probably the dumbest stat projection I have ever seen. Let's predict someone stats off of 10-15 games they havent played yet...:laugh:

OK AJ

The numbers........

Brunell Career = TDs 182......INT 106

Ramsey (aka Turnover Machine) = TDs 34.......INT 29

58% of the time Brunell threw a TD he would throw an INT

For Ramsey..................................85%

Those are the Numbers

Owened

PS

RAMSEY = TURNOVER MACHINE

TD/INT ratio is not the determination of "turnover machine". The question is INTs per pass attempt. Based on Career numbers:

Percent of pass attempts intercepted:

Brunell 2.30%

Ramsey 3.36%

Campbell 3.33%

:laugh: Thats probably the dumbest stat projection I have ever seen. Let's predict someone stats off of 10-15 games they havent played yet...:laugh:

You can do it any way you want. If you'd like me to simply give you their per game averages, I can. It makes no difference.

TD/INT ratio is not the determination of "turnover machine". The question is INTs per pass attempt. Based on Career numbers:

Brunell 2.30%

Ramsey 3.36%

Campbell 3.33%

We get it. You liked Ramsey. Heck I liked him too. But dont tell me he didnt make you uncomfortable everytime he dropped back. Hes gone man. Let it go.

Brunell 2.30%

Ramsey 3.36%

Campbell 3.33%

Hum

Ramsey's # > Brunell's

> = Bad

Ramsey = Bad

Thanks for making my point in another way

Edit PS....Ramsey = Turnover Machine

the only number that matters now is 1. Thats the number where Jason Campbell sits on the Redskins depth chart, now get over it and let let him mature while the team trys to fill all 8000 other holes that it has.

Point is, the team doesn't have 8000 other holes. QB is what has been the #1 thing holding this team back for three straight years.

come on man "Career Numbers"? Hes played 5 games why don't you start complaining about letting Pierce go or something that actually made a difference with the franchise instead of complaining about a promising young player?

This is a typical game that gets played on here. Somebody else brings up the subject, others jump on and start calling me "stupid", and then I have to SHOW them what the FACTS are. Not my fault.

Campbell is his own subject, and my only point is, we should not as an organization bet next year solely on him. We made that mistake this year with Brunell, and that's why we're "rebuilding" after one trip to the playoffs.

We get it. You liked Ramsey. Heck I liked him too. But dont tell me he didnt make you uncomfortable everytime he dropped back. Hes gone man. Let it go.

What I won't let go of is this team's ineptitude when it comes to personnel, especially at the QB position. Hey, we've still got the same people here who thought Brad Johnson was expendable in favor of Jeff George.

I think its just sad that...."every" Jason Campbell thread is allowed to be highjacked and turned into a Ramsey or Brunell lovefest...

If I see a topic thats about campbell i should not have to read through 5 pages about a guy who is not even on our team anymore.....:doh::doh:

Point is, the team doesn't have 8000 other holes. QB is what has been the #1 thing holding this team back for three straight years.

No other holes? How about an absent pass rush, LB's who can't tackle and ineptitude at the Saftey and CB position and the lack of consistent QB protection. You are right the only thing we should worry about is finding another QB, god you are so smart.

No other holes? How about an absent pass rush, LB's who can't tackle and ineptitude at the Saftey and CB position and the lack of consistent QB protection. You are right the only thing we should worry about is finding another QB, god you are so smart.

The defense definitely needs some upgrades. However, if you do not have a championship caliber QB, you will not win a championship. If we are not absolutely convinced by the end of the year that that is what Campbell is, and will be next year, we need to have another option.

One totally invented by mind-numbed homers like you who always find ways to rationalize the team's decisions.

Actually I, like yourself, have been critical of JC (for turnovers ect...)

I am not giving the nod to JC as the "Savior, Messiah, Franchise QB" yet

And I did like Ramsey, but

I have confidence in Gibbs....he won 3 SBs without a Montana/Elway

And what Gibbs saw in Ramsey was not what he needed or wanted

AND RAMSEY WOULD NOT CHANGE

Ramsey was a Gunslinger, Gibbs wants a manager

Ramsey didn't make the cut

Ramsey = Turnover Machine

The defense definitely needs some upgrades. However, if you do not have a championship caliber QB, you will not win a championship. If we are not absolutely convinced by the end of the year that that is what Campbell is, and will be next year, we need to have another option.

Ya because Trent Dilfer was a sb caliber qb. And Brad Johnson?

What I won't let go of is this team's ineptitude when it comes to personnel, especially at the QB position. Hey, we've still got the same people here who thought Brad Johnson was expendable in favor of Jeff George.

Joe Gibbs wasnt here for either one of them. Im not being one of those "your not a real fan" posters but if you feel that strongly cheer for the Jets. Or for Marty in Diego.

Archived