Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsTalk 980 says J.Gibbs is considering changes in the 0-line for Sunday's game.

flexxskins

Playing Todd Wade is a win win, as a matter of fact, playing some other backups would not be bad idea at this point. Pucillo playing center would be cool. Defensively we need to shake things up and go ahead and I know I will get reemed but lets see Archuleta in the game and Rocky McIntosh. I though Mike Rumph did decent (better than Kenny Wright or Ade Jimoh). All and all, we need to evaluate some talent and see where the direction is fvor next season. What better way to do that than put these guys up against teams trying to win for the postseason?

Sorry if someone has post this already, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

REDSKINS HURTING...LITERALLY

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) _ Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs is considering changes in the offensive line for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints. Center Casey Rabach underwent minor surgery on his broken hand on Monday, and it's uncertain whether he'll be available for Sunday. Rabach had three pins inserted in a bone in his left hand to stabilize the injury. Rabach is right-handed so the injury won't affect his ability to snap the ball to quarterback Jason Campbell. If Rabach can't play, Mike Pucillo could get his first start of the year. Gibbs is also concerned about offensive tackle Jon Jansen who's been playing with a calf injury. He says Jansen's problem has worsened each week, and he'll be watching Jansen's progress in practice this week. If Jansen's not ready the Redskins might go with offensive linemen Todd Wade or Jim Molinaro.

Awesome.. I want to see some fresh meat in there.. I have been entirely unimpressed with Rabach since he's been here and I thought his back up did ok last week.. We didn't here his name so he did well ;p

I don't see the point (at 4-9) in playing guys who are banged up. Especially considering OL depth is an area of concern.

Let the two subs play and see how they look. That way (since they're two of the better back ups we have on the OL) we'll know how many acquisitions we'll need this off-season.

I say that knowing that I want Betts to rush for 200 this weekend so I can win in fantasy football...but some things are just more important!

the texans released todd wade....

Yeah, That pretty much kills his theory. :silly:

I still can't figure out why everyone is all over our o-line??? They are at the top of the list in sacks allowed and the running game has been rolling.

I agree at this point that Jansen should rest but not for Wade. Lets see what Moranio can do. I like our line just the way it is. Keep it in tact. Next year will be the third year in a row they all played together. This year is the first year they made it all season.

Consistency people, Consistency!!! Everyone on this site is always complaing about the constant change and rightfully so. Now we have a chance to keep it the same and some people are STILL asking for change. I just don't get it. Let's lock up Dock and groom some young guys for security. :2cents:

Yeah, That pretty much kills his theory. :silly:

I still can't figure out why everyone is all over our o-line??? They are at the top of the list in sacks allowed and the running game has been rolling.

I agree at this point that Jansen should rest but not for Wade. Lets see what Moranio can do. I like our line just the way it is. Keep it in tact. Next year will be the third year in a row they all played together. This year is the first year they made it all season.

Consistency people, Consistency!!! Everyone on this site is always complaing about the constant change and rightfully so. Now we have a chance to keep it the same and some people are STILL asking for change. I just don't get it. Let's lock up Dock and groom some young guys for security. :2cents:

If I remember correctly, they cut Wade for cap reasons, not talent reasons. Basically, when he went from Miami to Houston, they signed him to a pretty big deal. In the end, they determined that the quality of his play wasn't worth the money they were giving him, so they released him. Sort of like the Fred Smoot situation with Minnesota. So I expect Wade to be imprerssive for a backup.

You should do a search on him. We signed him during the preseason I think.

Where is Molinaro? Who is he backing up? Play him already! :mad:

I agree. He's still here after being taken in the 2004 draft. Bugel must like something about the guy.

I do like Pucillo...

We should also find out if the G we got from Denver (released by Denver) Taylor Whitley has any potential...

Wade is a castoff from the Texans of all teams as other have mentioned and makes you wonder just how bad he could be. Maybe Bugel can help - he's still relatively young...

If I remember correctly, they cut Wade for cap reasons, not talent reasons. Basically, when he went from Miami to Houston, they signed him to a pretty big deal. In the end, they determined that the quality of his play wasn't worth the money they were giving him, so they released him. Sort of like the Fred Smoot situation with Minnesota. So I expect Wade to be imprerssive for a backup.

You should do a search on him. We signed him during the preseason I think.

I hope you're right. I have my doubts though. Good T's are hard to find and with the current state of the Texan's offensive line ; I find it a bit hard to believe they would cut this guy if he indeed showed some potential as you suggest. I think the Texans would have plunked down some decent coin for Wade if they thought he would help their protection problems...

Hopefully Jansen will be forced to sit this game out to heal. Its time to stop using players who are obviously hindered by injuries who because of those injuries arent as effective (see Marcus Washington -bad hip) or our injured MLB and replace them with the healthy backups and see if our depth can step up and perform.

If they cant in these final games then use the offseason to coach them up or replace them

I like to think I know football....and I have no idea who Todd Wade is.
Todd Wade was on the Texans O-line when people were saying stuff like,"With all the money they paid this line, maybe they should put it on the field in piles and maybe the D would slow down and pick some up, and give Carr a better chance of throwing the ball." And the gem,"Maybe they should just put trash cans out on the field and make the defense run around them, they'd probably slow 'em down more." Such staggering praise for the line he was a part of... But if anyone can get the most out of him, it's Bugel.

Todd Wade was on the Texans O-line when people were saying stuff like,"With all the money they paid this line, maybe they should put it on the field in piles and maybe the D would slow down and pick some up, and give Carr a better chance of throwing the ball." And the gem,"Maybe they should just put trash cans out on the field and make the defense run around them, they'd probably slow 'em down more." Such staggering praise for the line he was a part of... But if anyone can get the most out of him, it's Bugel.

Zack Weigert (RG for Texans) was quoted as saying that Todd Wade was the last person the Texans needed to get rid of. Kubiak was just hired and Wade was coming off major knee surgery, he was the most dominant OL on Texans team. They signed him to a 6 year - $30M ($10M bonus) the year b/f Kubiak got there then got injured. He couldn't have contact until beginning of week 1 therefore if they kept him then they had to pay him the $3M + salary and cross there fingers hoping he'd be back in his old form and not get hurt again. They played it safe and cut him, we picked him up b/c we saw the potential. We got him at below market price but will have to ante up next year if we are going to keep him or he'll be a starter somewhere else.

I like to think I know football....and I have no idea who Todd Wade is.

You don't have to know players to know football. I've agreed with many of your posts and I definately know football. ;)

Having said that' date=' I've never heard of Todd Wade either.

Long over due really. Stop babying players who can't make it thru practice. If the next guy can't play better than someone who can't even practice then get better depth.

It is long overdue. I've been a big critic of the o-line and the blocking of this offense in general. Now I hear it is because Jansen Had two broken thumbs so He lost alot of upperbody strength because of recovery (tuff to lift weights with two broken hands) time. This may be true, and I don't beleive you throw away a player just because he's banged up a little, but Jansen has and most of the o-line have been below average to average at best this year.

Lets get the young guys some reps. Get the savvy veterans some rest so they can heal up and get back in shape. Lets hope that these backups can show something so that they might put a dent in the job security so many of these o-lineman must feel they have. The best man should start. I see nothing wrong with a little competition to light a fire under the starters asses for next year.

Zack Weigert (RG for Texans) was quoted as saying that Todd Wade was the last person the Texans needed to get rid of. Kubiak was just hired and Wade was coming off major knee surgery, he was the most dominant OL on Texans team. They signed him to a 6 year - $30M ($10M bonus) the year b/f Kubiak got there then got injured. He couldn't have contact until beginning of week 1 therefore if they kept him then they had to pay him the $3M + salary and cross there fingers hoping he'd be back in his old form and not get hurt again. They played it safe and cut him, we picked him up b/c we saw the potential. We got him at below market price but will have to ante up next year if we are going to keep him or he'll be a starter somewhere else.
Thanks for the info. One or two good players on a line and the line is probably going to look like trash.

I agree, I'd much rather see Molinaro play. He's a guy we DRAFTED and has been with the team for a couple years. Let the guy get some PT and see how he does.

Lets get the young guys some reps. Get the savvy veterans some rest so they can heal up and get back in shape. Lets hope that these backups can show something so that they might put a dent in the job security so many of these o-lineman must feel they have. The best man should start. I see nothing wrong with a little competition to light a fire under the starters asses for next year.

I agree 100%. What are we playing for anyway? By no means do I want to just give away games but why not get the young inexperienced players and backups some playing time. Better to find out if a player has what it takes when there's nothing on the line than to wait and find out next season when we may be in a must win situation. What do we have to lose?

Some of the responses here are scary...

The only NFL quality backup offensive lineman that we have is Todd Wade. The rest would be lucky to make it on any other team in the league this side of Arizona. They all had their chances in the preseason, and they all looked absolutely terrible. Molinaro is probably the worst of the lot.

Archived