Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Novak cut?

skins0128

Nick's Gone

Skins just cut Nick. I feel bad for the dude. He's a great kid, but he just wasn't getting it done.

he says he saw it coming and took full responsibility for it. I'd love to see him at least get a gig in NFL Europe somehere, and with a lot of these guys it takes shuffling around a while before they stick.

I hope that's the case with him.

Nick says he may stick around thise area and keep working out here ont he off chance another NFL gig opens up, but it's pretty late in the game. Eventually, he'll go back to Indiana, where his parents live now.

They plan to look at Suisham for the rest of the year, and then we'll see where they go with kicker in the future. I'm still bafled they didn;t address it with a veteran last offseason.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Nick's Gone

Skins just cut Nick. I feel bad for the dude. He's a great kid, but he just wasn't getting it done.

he says he saw it coming and took full responsibility for it. I'd love to see him at least get a gig in NFL Europe somehere, and with a lot of these guys it takes shuffling around a while before they stick.

I hope that's the case with him.

Nick says he may stick around thise area and keep working out here ont he off chance another NFL gig opens up, but it's pretty late in the game. Eventually, he'll go back to Indiana, where his parents live now.

They plan to look at Suisham for the rest of the year, and then we'll see where they go with kicker in the future. I'm still bafled they didn;t address it with a veteran last offseason.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

If you don't produce then you are gone, except when talking about Warrick Foldman. :laugh:

don't be baffled by it. Gibbs sticking with Hall is the same blind loyalty that got us in trouble with Brunell. Gibbs loves his veterans, the problem is he continues to love them even after they stop performing for him.

that is the one difference from when he was here the first time. He loved theismann and Riggins and guys like Neal Olkewicz, etc. but when it was time for them to go, other players came in and took their place.

Seemingly, he has gotten nostalgic as he has gotten older and doesn't seem to have that cutting edge that Vermeil and Parcells still seemed to have after they turned 60.

I am in full agreement with Brian Mitchell and Charles Mann that this is not the same Gibbs they remember. Training camp is easier. Practice is shorter. The string on guys who are not performing is much longer.

Overall it's not a good picture that's being painted.

Not baffled by it bulldog, I just put the question mark in the title due to the fact that it was an official announcement from the team. Just a blurb in Jason's blog.

5-10 will get you cut on any NFL team, especially when your kickoffs are short as well.

don't be baffled by it. Gibbs sticking with Hall is the same blind loyalty that got us in trouble with Brunell. Gibbs loves his veterans, the problem is he continues to love them even after they stop performing for him.

It isn't blind loyalty. It is the reality that, when healthy, Hall was a damn good kicker, and that the injuries seemed to be rather flukeish. I'm sure he was depending on the word of the training staff to make his decision and he decided to roll the dice one more time. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

It could be worse. We could have given Vandy a huge contract. At least we will save some money by getting rid of Hall.

Jason

I don't see groin/hamstring injuries consistently recurring over 3 seasons as being flukes for a kicker, especially one that is 32 or 33 years old.

In fact the recurring groin injury (usually exacerbated on kickoffs) was what ended Brett Conway's career in the NFL.

The reality is that Hall had not been in prime form since Spurrier was here.

Go back and figure out how many other players have been in and out the turnstyles at Redskins Park in that time at other positions.

A move here was long overdue.

Jason LaCanfora blogged that more than a few people thought Tyler Jones had outkicked Hall in preseason this year but that Gibbs ignored those results and figured that the veteran would perform once the real games started.

I don't see groin/hamstring injuries consistently recurring over 3 seasons as being flukes for a kicker, especially one that is 32 or 33 years old.

In fact the recurring groin injury (usually exacerbated on kickoffs) was what ended Brett Conway's career in the NFL.

The reality is that Hall had not been in prime form since Spurrier was here.

Go back and figure out how many other players have been in and out the turnstyles at Redskins Park in that time at other positions.

A move here was long overdue.

Jason LaCanfora blogged that more than a few people thought Tyler Jones had outkicked Hall in preseason this year but that Gibbs ignored those results and figured that the veteran would perform once the real games started.

Has Tyler Jones been picked up by anyone? Didn't he compete with Novak when Hall went on IR?

that is the one difference from when he was here the first time. He loved theismann and Riggins and guys like Neal Olkewicz, etc. but when it was time for them to go, other players came in and took their place.

Seemingly, he has gotten nostalgic as he has gotten older and doesn't seem to have that cutting edge that Vermeil and Parcells still seemed to have after they turned 60.

I am willing to think some of it is blind loyality, Bulldog, but I have to think that some of it is the changes to the NFL system too. Remember, Gibbs was the master of stashing guys on IR year after year while the continued to work with the coaches. By the time he needed them to take the place of an established vet on the backside of his career, they were ready.

Has Tyler Jones been picked up by anyone? Didn't he compete with Novak when Hall went on IR?

He may have...

I don't think the point is that he's the answer, the point was probably that Hall should never have been our kicker to start the season.

Personally, Suisham is fine for the last 4 games. He kicks off to the 5 or so and had plenty of leg on that 50-yarder yesterday.

His kicks aren't going to keep us from making the playoffs or anything, so what's the harm? Maybe he'll become something special in the next month.

He gave it his best shot and we gave him every opportunity, he can't be mad to be cut. I hate having to deal with uncertainty at the kicker position. Considering how our offense performed last year one would assume the FO would make it a priority to get that nailed down. Yea I know I know, John Hall, but if you have any other player who goes down two years in a row you are going to find someone who can replace him and we didn't.

It isn't blind loyalty. It is the reality that, when healthy, Hall was a damn good kicker, and that the injuries seemed to be rather flukeish. I'm sure he was depending on the word of the training staff to make his decision and he decided to roll the dice one more time. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

It could be worse. We could have given Vandy a huge contract. At least we will save some money by getting rid of Hall.

Jason

Saying "When Hall is healthy," is like saying "When it snows in Miami," :2cents:

Archived