Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pursuit of Happyness

Henry

It's happ " i " ness.

:doh:

If you saw the movie you would understand why it is spelled that way.

My whole office went to see this movie last week...truely great movie and story.

Will Smith might win an Oscar for this movie and his son (who plays his son in the movie) is excellent.

I highly recommend this movie.

Christopher Gardner...the person who the story is based on is now touring the country doing motivational speeches. He will be at my annual company meeting in a few weeks.

He recently missed the premier with Will Smith in attendance because he had made a commitment to give a speech to a company in Wisconsin and refused to go back on that to attend the premier.

This story has already been written starring Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rags to riches story. God Bless America.

come on man....that was a made up story about a prostitute.

This is a story about a single father who worked his ass off to make a better life for his son and himself. This is mostly a true story....aside from Hollywood embellishments.

Saw this last night. Excellent movie. One thing I liked about it was they didn't set up a bunch of bad guys as cinematic foils. They could have written in snobbish characters who looked down on Gardner for racial or socioeconomic reasons, but they avoided that cliche. He battled circumstances, not those types of characters. Most everybody the Gardner character encounters is a decent enough person, unaware of his situation because he kept it from them.

That's just awesome. Wow.

The part about the kid telling him he was a good papa, had to struggle with a speck of dust in my eye after that one.

And they depicted that in the movie as well. A quiet but powerfully emotional scene.

Saw this last night. Excellent movie. One thing I liked about it was they didn't set up a bunch of bad guys as cinematic foils. They could have written in snobbish characters who looked down on Gardner for racial or socioeconomic reasons, but they avoided that cliche. He battled circumstances, not those types of characters. Most everybody the Gardner character encounters is a decent enough person, unaware of his situation because he kept it from them.

Just like in Pretty Woman!. :silly:

This story has already been written starring Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rags to riches story. God Bless America.
come on man....that was a made up story about a prostitute.

This is a story about a single father who worked his ass off to make a better life for his son and himself. This is mostly a true story....aside from Hollywood embellishments.

I think Die Hard meant Erin Brockovich ;)

Archived