Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats Really The Deal With David Patten?

RiggoReincarnated

The man has played in one, maybe 2 games this season.

1 catch for 25 yards.

He doesn't play in games, yet his injury prognosis is always "doubtful". How does he mysteriously injure his hamstring when he has no live game action.

I don't get it, something stinks here. Why is Patten really not playing? He looked damn good in training camp.

He doesn't play in games, yet his injury prognosis is always "doubtful". How does he mysteriously injure his hamstring when he has no live game action.

I don't get it, something stinks here. Why is Patten really not playing? He looked damn good in training camp.

He hurt his hamstring in practice. We've seen how that has affected Moss, so why is this surprising?

Jason

Patten hurt himself in practice and has not gotten back to 100 percent. I like the guy - he's got a great attitude and has a good head on his shoulders. The few times I've come across him on the sidelines he's always smiling and always willing to talk to us after a game - win or lose. I'd like to see him get healthy and see what this team could do with four legit options at wide receiver.

Patten hurt himself in practice and has not gotten back to 100 percent. I like the guy - he's got a great attitude and has a good head on his shoulders. The few times I've come across him on the sidelines he's always smiling and always willing to talk to us after a game - win or lose. I'd like to see him get healthy and see what this team could do with four legit options at wide receiver.

I sort of feel the same way (w/o meeting him of course). He always has a good attitude and great things to say about the organization. I remember the quotes in the paper all off season and I was excited to see how he would respond to the challenge. Like Brunell said, when you get a little older you body doesn't heal as fast as it use to and I think that's been the case w/ Patten; especially after that one catch in Houston.:2cents:

Any word on when he'll be back? Seems like he got hurt around the same time as Moss and Moss is already back so what gives?

Wasn't he also put on the inactive list when Portis was semi-healthy and they wanted to dress Duckett?

Yeah he was "hurt" every time he was listed as inactive, this isn't a recent injury, I believe its been on and off since the Texans game.

As a Skins fan in New England, I can assure you Patten is a gamer.

He's talented, a good team player, and a leader. Unfortunately, he's been injured most of his tour as a Redskin.

Skins fans got a glimpse a few games back when he went across the middle, took a major hit, and held on for a 25 yard gain

Hamstring problems are long-term issues. It's a major muscle and doesn't heal in 1-2 weeks. It can take 2 weeks just to be able to walk. Forget about sprinting or accelerating out of a turn.

There is no point in comparing Moss hamstring with Patten's hamstring. Moss is playing but is obviously not back up to speed. Even so, his hamstring pull may have been mild compared to Patten's injury.

I thin khe absolutely could have helped while Moss was out and he's probably a better pure receiver then Randel El. Its too bad that his injuries have held him back this season. He wanted an opportunity this year and I'm sure based on injuries and erratic play, he would have had one this season.

I had a feeling that Patten was going to have a really good season. I was wrong. He is injury prone, and has missed most of both seasons he has been here. Maybe there is something wrong with him, and his contract or something. He has been another free agency waste of money, and will be cut this off season. I really think he has ruined any chances of another team wanting him. Why this continues to happen to the Skins, is just unknown. I think these guys get their signing bonus money, and then feel as if they can play on their terms. Unbelievable.

Archived