Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 is the NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Ricky Ervins

I love it!

He deserves it and I was disappointed he didn't get more props from the NFL weekly wrap up shows. That tackle on 4th down was amazing - I kept watching it over and over on Tivo. When the ball was caught, ST wasn't even in the screen and it looked like an easy first down. Then suddenly he appears and makes a simply incredible tackle!

The INT was nice too - a thing of beauty. Overall glad to see MEAST back in action! I wore my #21 jersey proudly that day!

Guest RedskinsB40

he did good that interception helped...but i think it was crap that Ade Jimoh's hit on that punt didnt make the cut for "Jacked Up!" on ESPN during the packers.seahawks game.

He's been amazing all season.

Amazing all season??? Have we been watching the same games? 0 interceptions from a safety isn't what i'd call playing amazing all season. He's taken some poor angles on tackles this year and he's had way to many penalties this year. I'd say this has been his worst season in the pros. Hopefully he will continue to play the way he did last weekend :point2sky

:point2sky ST's back! Dance more often!

Although I share that sentiment about ST in all the previous games, this one he proved to me he was back.

I agree with all you said, when ST is lose and dancing he is the most lethal weapon in the NFL, he's back watch the **** out!!!!! HTTR

Taylor.gif

I want you all to look at this as a text book open field tackle.

Step one: Fly to the point of contact.

Step two: Break down...this is done by lowering your but and chopping your feet as you widen them out.

Step three: Make contact and Wrap up.

Step four: Play through the contact.....this is done by staying on your feet thrusting your hips forward, maintaining a wide, solid base and keeping your legs moving.

At any level of football this was a great tackle. He executes the fundamentals of open field tackling here just as they should be done.

The rest of the level two and three Defensive players on this team should tackle like this on every play.....that is what we have been missing on D all year; The basics. It's play like this that will win us some games.

Archived