Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 is the NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Ricky Ervins

Very, very cool. Thanks!

Taylor's a freaking beast. The amount of strength he has to have in his hands, forearms and shoulders to pull that tackle off is astounding.

He had to pull that mans entire body back towards him. It's amazing that he pulled that off. Quite a feat for any man.

Kudos.

:cheers:

I got lambasted around here for my critique of Sean's play prior to this week (which was not very good, especially by his standards) but he played a great game this weekend. Given some of the info that came out over the weekend, Sean's performance so far this season was completely understanable and mostly attriubutable to HORRENDOUS coaching decisions and stubborn, arrogant defensive play calling. Gald to see Taylor back to his old ways.

BTW, I just can't ****ing get over how you A) have CBs and S meeting separately and B) how you try and tell safeties to stop the run from 20 yards out out of a cover 2 all the time. Thank God Gibbs has taken this team back. Here's hoping he realizes that GWs needs to supervised and have others keep his ego in check because, obviously, he can't do it on his own when he has all the power.

I agree. Sean played at a level that I haven't seen from him all season. I hope this game shows that our D can still get it done, if the you don't **** with your players too much. I'm just as baffled as you are about the separate meetings. That's horrendous and I hope someone slapped GW or someone silly for that dumbass idea.

I'm a little surprised that Sean Taylor beat out Asante Samuels with 9 tackles and 3 interceptions against Chicago helping New England win despite giving up the ball 5 times.

Sean's play was a lot more spectacular though and was probably more critical. :)

This is just another good reason for us to trade him. See cause hes good, so we could get draft picks for him.

Just a touch of sarcasim.

Bundle deal.

CP

ST

SM

for

1 dozen oreo cookies

drew bledsoe

carton of crabs

and to put it over the top

Sabastian Janakowski

Sean Taylor is a beast. I recognize his tendancy to go for big hits, and miss tackles, but that is his nature. I am sure he will correct those tendancies as he matures. I just had to get another post in before it leaves the forum.

We had some people questioning his skills, and of course only when we lose. Overall he has been worth every cent of his contract. I think Taylor could be Superbowl MVP material when he does, (and he will) get his opportunity. It rarely goes to a defensive player, but that is how good he is. I think he deserves the respect he has earned.

So, you go Sean, light it up, and give us a reason to bragg. I am for one, thankfull that you are a Redskin, and you embody the Redskin mystique.

Archived