Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 is the NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Ricky Ervins

I want you all to look at this as a text book open field tackle.

Step one: Fly to the point of contact.

Step two: Break down...this is done by lowering your but and chopping your feet as you widen them out.

Step three: Make contact and Wrap up.

At any level of football this was a great tackle. He executes the fundamentals of open field tackling here just as they should be done.

The rest of the level two and three Defensive players on this team should tackle like this on every play.....that is what we have been missing on D all year; The basics. It's play like this that will win us some games.

Amen to this post

I was looking at Sean on the sideline every chance I got on the TV and he looked like he was having fun for the first time all season.

Way to go Sean.

The whole defense stepped it up big time though. Carlos, Vernon Fox, Shawn Springs, the Dline...everyone deserves credit for 21's defensive player of the week award.

Hail Capitol Defense. Keep up the hard work and inspired play fellas and we may make a run at this playoff thing.

If anyone deserves the award this week, it's ST :cheers:.

To redman and anyone else that wants a clip of the 4th down tackle, I made it into a small .gif. I might even use it in a sig at some point. Quite a sweet tackle :)

Taylor.gif

Very, very cool. Thanks!

Taylor's a freaking beast. The amount of strength he has to have in his hands, forearms and shoulders to pull that tackle off is astounding.

That tackle on 4th down was phenomenal. He picked my boy up and threw his ass back down to reality. " Welcome to Fed Ex brother". It was a dominant tackle that saved the game for us. It is this type of " physical play" that Gibbs was asking for in his meeting. It may be a for just a win, in a disappointing season, but man it was a thing of beauty. This is what I think we can look forward to from hear on. Taylor is a Redskin, and the embodyment of what we as fans feel this team is capable of.

The interception was the icing on the cake, but in my opinion, that tackle made a huge statement for the Washington Redskins. We may be down, but we ain't out. If you come into our house, and show no respect, this is what you can expect.

Congrats ST! I hope ALL the coaches learned their lesson and from now on will let ST be ST! But looking at the tackle, it is a thing of beauty. Very few NFL players would be able to make that tackle. It was in open space and Drew Carter cut sharply inside. Taylor made a spectacular tackle if you look at it carefully. Most players would've whiffed and gotten only a hand at most on the player.

Yes sir Sean, Sean yes sir! Coming in from Afghanistan! And known the world over as the best friggin safety in the league, in 06. He was what? The youngest safety in training camp to include rookies. The tribal leaders over here in Afghanistan knows him, and even the sheep. What? Him and Ed Reed are probably running neck and neck as the best in the universe! He should be making Ed Reed type money. If we do lose him I'm wearing his jersey no matter what team, oh except Dallas! Effin, reakin, friggin Dallas!

We should beat Atlanta by at least a TD or more. #26 hang in there man , get well. We see you Clint, oh we see you! CPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Coach Gibbs has taken the team to task, ah yessss the psychology of leadership! What he showed them a film of their what 20 best plays inwhich they physically dominated the man across from them, and then told them it's eval time, now go out there and take what you saw on film to the field.

Beat Atlanta, Go Skins and keep up the fire!

I want you all to look at this as a text book open field tackle.

Step one: Fly to the point of contact.

Step two: Break down...this is done by lowering your but and chopping your feet as you widen them out.

Step three: Make contact and Wrap up.

Step four: Play through the contact.....this is done by staying on your feet thrusting your hips forward, maintaining a wide, solid base and keeping your legs moving.

The funny thing is that our o-line men could learn a lesson about open field blocking by watching this clip also....

The only fundamental difference between open field blocking and Open field tackling is that you cant wrap up when you are blocking.

Every thing else is the same.

I got lambasted around here for my critique of Sean's play prior to this week (which was not very good, especially by his standards) but he played a great game this weekend. Given some of the info that came out over the weekend, Sean's performance so far this season was completely understanable and mostly attriubutable to HORRENDOUS coaching decisions and stubborn, arrogant defensive play calling. Gald to see Taylor back to his old ways.

BTW, I just can't ****ing get over how you A) have CBs and S meeting separately and B) how you try and tell safeties to stop the run from 20 yards out out of a cover 2 all the time. Thank God Gibbs has taken this team back. Here's hoping he realizes that GWs needs to supervised and have others keep his ego in check because, obviously, he can't do it on his own when he has all the power.

he did good that interception helped...but i think it was crap that Ade Jimoh's hit on that punt didnt make the cut for "Jacked Up!" on ESPN during the packers.seahawks game.

yeah i know i was looking forward to that. That was an amazing hit. Perfect timing. big props to him. ST also did a good job on sunday as did our whole defense they all played great.:point2sky :dallasuck

Archived