Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pro bowl bound...

ChrisL4064

There isn't a Washington player that will make it to the probowl this year.

I'll agree, with the exception of Cooley possibly. Nobody on offense (except for possibly Cooley) will have anywhere near pro-bowl stats, and players from a defense that's near the bottom of the league don't make the pro bowl (well, unless you're Lavar Arrington)

The only player possibly deserving of the pro bowl is Cooley. No one else on this team has stepped up....until yesterday.

Man, we win one game and everyone now is annointing players to the pro bowl. Lets just take it one game at a time.

Everyone mentioned in this thread were bumbs (according to others) the past couple of weeks.

Yea its kind of ridiculous. The way they talk about him and Ryan Clark, you'd think they were Brian Dawkins calibur safeties or something.

I don't think its that. I think it's just that these guys didn't cost the team 30 Mil to watch the game from the sideline.

Clark wasn't even close to being great but he was a very good player for around 1 Mil a season, which we refused to pay so that we could throw 4-5 Mil a season at Archuleta.

Our old Super Bowl winning teams were built around players like that.

Cooley is our best shot I guess, but I'd think Crumpler has the starting spot locked up. Then it's a logjam with all the NFC East TEs having a decent claim. Whitten will probably get the reserve spot because he's a Cowboy and his team has a decent record.

Cooley might make it as an alternate, but I'd be shocked if he beat out Shockey, Whitten and Smith for a roster spot.

There isn't a Washington player that will make it to the probowl this year.

#47 Chris Cooley. He will be there, rightfully so. There is not many other NFC Tight Ends with his stats. Since I think two TE's make it he has a shot.

I think that is the only guy we should send...funny how he we got him in the draft.:laugh::laugh:

Here are the top TEs in the NFC. Look how scary close all the NFC East TEs are.

Crumpler: 37 rec 526 yds 6 TDs

Whitten: 42 480 1

Cooley: 35 470 5

LJ Smith: 41 470 4

Shockey: 44 442 5

Again, I'm guessing Whitten gets the resere spot, because even with the lack of TDs, he's got name recognition and he's on a good team. However, just looking at the numbers it's clearly a complete toss-up at this point.

Here are the top TEs in the NFC. Look how scary close all the NFC East TEs are.

Crumpler: 37 rec 526 yds 6 TDs

Whitten: 42 480 1

Cooley: 35 470 5

LJ Smith: 41 470 4

Shockey: 44 442 5

Again, I'm guessing Whitten gets the resere spot, because even with the lack of TDs, he's got name recognition and he's on a good team. However, just looking at the numbers it's clearly a complete toss-up at this point.

Cooley should be 2nd because he has more TDs and his receiving yard average is higher.

Archived