Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i worry about rocky

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

a friend of mine brought this to my attention again, and its been said here a few times: why cant this guy replace warrick holdman? its pretty obvious holdman is horrendous and shouldnt be starting in the NFL. but you have to ask yourself, why hasnt rocky gotten in there yet? can he be worse??? isnt that a pretty scary thought? think of how many other teams have rookie LBs playing and making a huge impact on their teams. its not like mcintosh was a late pick, he was projected to go first round but had some injury problems so he got taken later. it worries me that he only plays on special teams. hopefully he gets in there soon.

I was thinking the same about Campbell up until a week ago, it just seems our coaching staff doesn't like rookies for some reason. Remember when Taylor was a rookie they started Andre Lott instead of Taylor for at least one week, and Rogers didn't start untill midseason last year.

true, but were past the halfway point and we havent heard anything to indicate that rocky is going to play. campbell and the QB thing is different, lots of QBs sit for a year. LBs go in right away. look at demeco ryans the kid the texans picked in the 2nd round, only two picks before rocky. hes a behemoth on the field.

The whole situation concerns me too. How can it not?? The weak side of our defense keeps getting caved in every week. Rocky is not a Fix-All for that problem but he did show a real good ability to shed blocks in the preseason, when he played.

I just don't know. What I do know is that we traded up to get this guy.

(Total side question but along the lines of "Rookies from The U"..... Anybody know what happened to Buck Ortega?? We're only carrying 3 TE's on our roster. Cooley, Kozlowski, & Yoder. Ortega showed some pass catching ability in the preseason. Guess he can't block?? Show he have "NFL Europe" tatooed on is arm?? Just curious?)

I've come to the conclusion that this FO/Coaching Staff is completely inept at developing young talent. We got lucky with Chris Cooley. What about the rest of our youths? Taylor in year 3 still hasn't broken out. Rogers looks like a bust. It took 1.5 years of mediocre QB play from Brunell to bring Campbell in. And we still won't play Rocky Mac.

This franchise completely sucks balls at developing their own talent unless they just completely luck into it. No wonder we keep giving up draft picks. It's not like we know what we're doing with them or after we use them anyway.

(Total side question but along the lines of "Rookies from The U"..... Anybody know what happened to Buck Ortega?? We're only carrying 3 TE's on our roster. Cooley, Kozlowski, & Yoder. Ortega showed some pass catching ability in the preseason. Guess he can't block?? Show he have "NFL Europe" tatooed on is arm?? Just curious?)

His is on the Browns Practice Squad, we could have grabbed him instead of Kozlowski.

It's not that we suck at developing young talent. We seem to do okay at that. The problem seems to be an unwillingness to trust or promote from within. We always look outside to find a "known quantity" we'd rather give a shot to a has-been than a might be. For such an agressive playcaller, Williams is terrified of rookie mistakes. It's weird.

Especially when AJ Hawk, Thomas Hoaward and several other rookies are starters and ballin' right now. I don't think it's Rocky though..it's the coaching staff..Williams, Gibbs, etc. they don't like inexeperienced players...scared to put a young guy out there..would rather have a Vet...thier track record supports that.

Plain and simple...

Greg Williams is A Hater thats all.....

He see's that Rocky is a favorite of the fans without playing a down and he doesnt want him to end up being bigger than the "Shceme" itself....

I hate it...

His foolish pride is holding back the future in favor of his yes man Holdman...

Havent you notice that anyone aside from taylor who had any individual talent was allowed to leave...

Poor argument.

Let me change the thread title for you... "I worry about Campbell", why cant he beat Brunell out?

See? Just last week we had a situation with another young player, playing behind a vet, that some people think means they are worse than the vet. Campbell showed last week that this isnt true.

Let's not forget that we gave up an additional SECOND ROUND PICK to move up to grab him. A second round pick is generally expected to be a starter in the NFL....we spent two of these for a guy he doesn't even play except for special teams. When will this front office ever place value on draft picks?

Campbell couldn't "beat out" Brunell, if you even want to call it a competition, but I wasn't worried about him. I knew he'd be good when he came in, and I was right, even though he "wasn't ready." I'm not going to to worry about Rocky either. Just cause the coaches won't play a rook ahead of someone doesn't mean **** to me. Campbell is better than Brunell, and Rocky is probably better than Holdman. He's gonna come in and be good. If the coaches truly think he isn't ready, odds are they are wrong.

i think its the arrogance of williams and his entire coaching staff , we are frikin 3-7 and we need to give a guy like rocky a few solid games before we say he sucks , so we need to go ahead and do that so we know if he sucks or not cause if he does then thats another thing we need in the off season , i hate to say fire williams and get ANOTHER new scheme on defense but thats what im rdy for , and saunders needs to be less tricky and grind a little more ... run the ball , knock people on their ass a little more

Archived