Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Officials working to bring Skins back to DC

MadMonkey

You're fool to think that everyone in the stadium would be a skins fan!

If this stadium were to be built . The Redskins waiting list now is well over 100,000 . It would be no differant from what it is now with opposing fans being at Fed-ex . As long as their Football fans and not the wine and cheesers that sit around our current stadium now :doh:

If it's a dome I wouldn't be completely opposed depending on the look. I would much rather has a retractable roof, I think that would work out very well. I'm not positive but I thought a retractable is what Danny had in mind. I'm sure DC wouldn't mind also because it would help make the skyline of DC look more state of the art and with a superbowl the DC officials may actually buy into the idea. I wish there were renderings of the plan including an outline, but I'm sure that's what they're working on as of now.

Marc Fisher: It's almost inconceivable that the District would take on the additional debt of financing yet another stadium project. The city appears to be moving ahead with plans for a soccer stadium at Poplar Point on the Anacostia waterfront, but that's likely to be a cost shared with the team or league, and it's a much cheaper endeavor than the baseball or football stadia. The notion of a new NFL stadium at the RFK site is a dream that council member Jack Evans wrote about in the Georgetowner newspaper a few days ago; it has no basis in any planning, and you're right, Snyder is not about to pick up stakes and move back into the city."

Again, the District would not be the one that would finance this stadium.

Redskins may be interested. They may be doing a feasiblity study since they haven't denied interest to move back to DC.

I'm wondering if it's possible to build a 100K stadium with a retractible roof. That should be an engineering marvel.

Again, the District would not be the one that would finance this stadium.

says who? this whole scenario came to fruition when the city revisted property taxes which were the reason snyder moved the stadium to MD, this topic has been discussed numerous times by many on this board.

this is the result of local media running with a what if scenario brought about by lobbyists for local tax reform. 125K in a retractable roof sounds fantastic, if we can't get it on the old RFK site how about building it in Neverland

says who? this whole scenario came to fruition when the city revisted property taxes which were the reason snyder moved the stadium to MD, this topic has been discussed numerous times by many on this board.

this is the result of local media running with a what if scenario brought about by lobbyists for local tax reform. 125K in a retractable roof sounds fantastic, if we can't get it on the old RFK site how about building it in Neverland

When did Danny bring the stadium to MD?

I hope they get a SUPER-LARGE amount of money or ticket prices might bust a hole in that retractable roof on the new dome.

My thoughts exactly! I'm surprised I got to page 8 before someone mentioned this. I can only imagine what season ticket costs will be then. OUCH!

If this stadium were to be built . The Redskins waiting list now is well over 100,000 . It would be no differant from what it is now with opposing fans being at Fed-ex . As long as their Football fans and not the wine and cheesers that sit around our current stadium now :doh:

Well over 100,000, actually well over 200,000 and this would significantly reduce the amount of time that I would be on the waiting list.

I am all for going back to DC as long as the stadium is designed in a fashion that there is not a bad seat in the house (yes it can be done). Retractable roof and real grass.

HAIL!!!

Fedex is not the best stadium, its got alot of issues. But it's still a new stadium, that cost a lot of money to build. Honestly, don't you think DC has better things to spend money and resources on than a rediculously sized NFL stadium??? I love the skins, but I'd rather sea DC money go into fxing the city itself than building an unecessary stadium for a team that honestly does not deserve it.

Besides look at all the wrestling that took place to get the Nats stadium approved. You honestly think the city council will let the skins build a new stadium when their current is only 10 years old?

I'm not a fan of tearing down/replacing RFK, but if you're gonna put a stadium there, I say build a decent Soccer stadium for DC United. Their the one team thats been consistently competetive in this area.

Did you happen to capture some audio to share?

It was DC Councilman Jack Evans. Something like the land deal at FedEx would allow Dan to do this. And there would be more roads in and out of the new stadium instead of the few now at FedEx. And of course there is already a Metro stop at the Armory. Said it could be ready by 2012.

It was DC Councilman Jack Evans. Something like the land deal at FedEx would allow Dan to do this. And there would be more roads in and out of the new stadium instead of the few now at FedEx. And of course there is already a Metro stop at the Armory. Said it could be ready by 2012.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Fedex is not the best stadium, its got alot of issues. But it's still a new stadium, that cost a lot of money to build. Honestly, don't you think DC has better things to spend money and resources on than a rediculously sized NFL stadium??? I love the skins, but I'd rather sea DC money go into fxing the city itself than building an unecessary stadium for a team that honestly does not deserve it.

Spend money on to fix up the city itself? By the looks of it they want to spend money to turn the area into some sort of a mall. I honestly think they will get more usage out of this land by building a new NFL stadium for a team that does actually deserve to be playing in its home.

whoops, beat me to it. I will add this bit of information though: RFK Redevelopment Study

HAIL!!!!

Did you happen to capture some audio to share?

He talked about DC wanting to make a bid for I think the 2020 Olympics. Of course the Super Bowl and bringing the Redskins back to the District. Mentioned something about the the current lease on RFK and how they can't build anything other then a stadium on that site if they tore it down. Didn't quite understand that, but once the Nationals and United leave, RFK will become useless and they can't use that site for anything other then a stadium. So they're willing to lease the land to Snyder for $1.00 a yr, giving it to him, to build a stadium. I don't know if Snyder would have to fund it or what, but it wouldn't effect tax payers. And he said the Landover site is so valuable, that Snyder would be able to pay off his debt by selling it.

Considering the time it takes politicians to act, I would say it would take another 10 years for the initial ground breaking, assuming, of course, there is even a thread of truth to this. And, anything can happen in the next ten years. With the advent of this, the computer age, the NFL may find a way to sanction all televised games under strict and profitable supervision. The profit will be humongous for the league, as well as owners. Why would Dan Snyder want to complicate his life with moving the team now, when life is already oh so good.

I'm talking from the standpoint, watching our own beloved leadership on the state and city levels, to the lack of effective management of the 50th State. Whenever politics are involved, progress moves at a crawl, or not at all. Therefore, the rumor may be all that it is...just a rumor.

Hail Redskins!

Archived