Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Seattle Seahawks vs The Washington Redskins

RiggoReincarnated

Does it anger any of you that the Seattle Seahawks lose Shawn Alexander AND Matt Hasselbeck, unquestionably their two best players and still find ways to win? They also lost Bobby Engram, one of their best receivers.

They humiliated the Giants earlier in the year while they were both at full strength. Once healthy, I think Seattle is the team to beat.

Yet when we lose excuses are made for injuries. Why can't we be resourceful and find ways to win like the Seahawks?

Why have other teams improved over the offseason more then us, when we have the best coaching staff in the NFL?

Because you don't have the best coaching staff in the NFL. Your team is vastly overrated. You have no depth along either lines. You don't draft. You trade away most of your picks. Injuries to your best player. Etc etc.

And there is no Master Plan. I'm sorry. The dream is over. Go back to your regularly scheduled last place. We kept the spot warm for you last year.

:D

Because you don't have the best coaching staff in the NFL. Your team is vastly overrated. You have no depth along either lines. You don't draft. You trade away most of your picks. Injuries to your best player. Etc etc.

And there is no Master Plan. I'm sorry. The dream is over. Go back to your regularly scheduled last place. We kept the spot warm for you last year.

we dont have the best coaching staff???????? well as a staff no, but as a head coach??? one of 2!! bill in NE and joe are the only current HC with 3 rings!!!

so lets keep the coach talk down..........

Gibbs= HOF

we dont have the best coaching staff???????? well as a staff no, but as a head coach??? one of 2!! bill in NE and joe are the only current HC with 3 rings!!!

Gibbs= HOF

True.

But Enron was a good stock to own once, too. Gibbs II does not = Gibbs I. Face it. Listening to him do the last two monday press conferences was pathetic. He did a fantastic job the first time, but times have changed and either he hasn't figured it out or someone/thing is preventing him. I like Gibbs, but is this team any better off now than it was before he got here?

Gibbs= HOF

But as most fans on here already know because of the Monk issue, the HOF means squat. Madden is a HOF coach too.

I can think of 5-6 coaches in the league right now that are better than Gibbs. And probably 10 coaches I'd rather have right now other than Gibbs. Outside of a strong run at the end of last year against poor teams I might add, what has the guy done? Traded away pick after pick, and thrown big dollars at sub par players. If JC doesn't pan out of you guys, Gibbs has singlehandidly set you guys up for failure for the next 5 years. No picks, big contracts on aging players, and no quarterback doesn't equal success in the NFL.

I understand he had a great 8-10 year span 20 years ago, but what has he done to make you think he's a great coach today?

Meh ... for every Seattle Seahawks there is an Arizona Cardinals, whose free agent pickups haven't exactly brought them glory, or a Miami Dolphins, whose pre-season hype has fizzled, and even a Pittsburgh Steelers, who have fallen from Super Bowl champions to the bottom of their division.

Every team has its up years and down years. Some manage to find consistency over a few seasons, like the Patriots or the Colts or the Seahawks, but even teams that have been very good have down years, like the Eagles last year or the Steelers this year. There is a fine line between winning and losing, and it requires taking chances that don't always work out. That's what makes the NFL the most exciting league in sports.

We'll be back.

Sadly, I have to agree with what you said Who Del. :(

Just because we have the highest paid coaching staff doesnt mean we have the best.

Although, Joe Gibbs is a great coach, its the others I worry about.

True.

But Enron was a good stock to own once, too. Gibbs II does not = Gibbs I. Face it. Listening to him do the last two monday press conferences was pathetic. He did a fantastic job the first time, but times have changed and either he hasn't figured it out or someone/thing is preventing him. I like Gibbs, but is this team any better off now than it was before he got here?

he made the playoffs last year when he was the coach and calling plays.......

now he just stands there and models reebok gear on the sidelines......

as the president he had to get someone else to call the plays.....he needs to get back to calling plays..........

But as most fans on here already know because of the Monk issue, the HOF means squat. Madden is a HOF coach too.

I can think of 5-6 coaches in the league right now that are better than Gibbs. And probably 10 coaches I'd rather have right now other than Gibbs. Outside of a strong run at the end of last year against poor teams I might add, what has the guy done? Traded away pick after pick, and thrown big dollars at sub par players. If JC doesn't pan out of you guys, Gibbs has singlehandidly set you guys up for failure for the next 5 years. No picks, big contracts on aging players, and no quarterback doesn't equal success in the NFL.

I understand he had a great 8-10 year span 20 years ago, but what has he done to make you think he's a great coach today?

HOF MEANS SQUAT???????? R U SERIOUS?????????? The man has 3 rings...one has 4 (knoll) and he has 3 along with walsh and belichek......they all have reason to be in the HOF......dont kid yourself madden is in cause of his broadcasting and the impact his video game has had on the NFL.....

5-6 coaches....you can have all of them....last year when he was winning out to get to the playoffs was what the man can do, not this year......this is not how he coaches.....funny sub par teams????? i do believe 3 of thse wins were against NFC east teams......

trading picks, big contracts....im sure that is not all his doing, the GM and the crazy owner have thier hands all over this also.....

like i said he done to be a great coach....his first year sucked as it was a transition year, 2nd made the playoffs on a great run, this year is a down year, but unless he is calling the plays like he was last year, the whole dam thing is one big question mark IMO

I mean I love Gibbs and the rest, but when coaching staff, the proof is in the pudding. And save for that miracle run last year, I haven't been chowing down on any pudding lately.

You can blame the players all you want, but in the end, it's mostly the coaches who do all this talent evaluation and smarter coaches in this league would have done things very different during the offseason and produced similar results.

The Seahawks have a great coaching staff and use the draft to acquire excellent depth.

Mike Holmgren is a damn underrated Coach when it comes to preparing QBs. Look how many starters he has helped develop: Steve Young, Steve Buerlein, Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks(okay he was pretty good for a couple of years), Matt Hasselbeck, and now Seneca Wallace looks really good under his teaching.

HOF MEANS SQUAT???????? R U SERIOUS?????????? The man has 3 rings...one has 4 (knoll) and he has 3 along with walsh and belichek......they all have reason to be in the HOF......dont kid yourself madden is in cause of his broadcasting and the impact his video game has had on the NFL.....

I've always takent the rings with a grain of salt thats all.

Madden has one

Barry Switzer has more than Marv Levy. Does that make Switzer better?

JImmy Johnson has 2 in 5 years. Does that make him the greatest ever? Nope.

Belechick has one because of the "tuck rule", and another because of a clutch kicker.

2 of Gibbs rings came in strike years.

I'm not going to discredit any of the coaches above, I'm just not going to drink the cool aid because a coach has rings, thats all.

5-6 coaches....you can have all of them....last year when he was winning out to get to the playoffs was what the man can do, not this year......this is not how he coaches.....funny sub par teams????? i do believe 3 of thse wins were against NFC east teams......

You beat the Cardinals, a horrible cowboys team, and barely got by the depleted Eagles. 5 in a row is 5 in a row, I won't take it away from you, but your fooling yourself if you think Gibbs was the driving force behind those wins. You also had a stretch where you won 2 our of 6 in the middle of last year, and if your going to give Gibbs credit for the 5-0 run, you have to give him credit for the 2-6 run too.

trading picks, big contracts....im sure that is not all his doing, the GM and the crazy owner have thier hands all over this also...........

We all know Snyder will listen to Gibbs about EVERYTHING, than you have to blame Gibbs for all of this nonsense. If he would have stepped up and said "no way, don't do that". Snyder would have listened. Don't kid yourself. Gibbs wanted to come back to DC, be the hero, build a championshiop team, then get out. And unless JC becomes all world, Gibbs legacy will be VERY tainted. Look around at this board. Anyone under 30 years old (the guys who don't remember the good old days) are already blasting him. If JC doesn't pan out, this franchise is going to be stuck in the mud for a very long time. I know many of you don't want to place the blame at the feet of the great Joe Gibbs, but I'm sorry, as far as the rest of the world is concerned, he gets the majority of the blame.

Does it anger any of you that the Seattle Seahawks lose Shawn Alexander AND Matt Hasselbeck, unquestionably their two best players and still find ways to win? They also lost Bobby Engram, one of their best receivers.

They started 3-0 with SHAUN and Matt healthy against Detroit,Arizona :yawnee: and the Giants. Not too impressed :2cents:

Since the injuries they have gone 3-3 with 2 wins against the Rams and one against the Raiders. Losses were against the Bears, Vikings, and Kansas City.

John Madden has the highest winning percentage in the history or the NFL.

The list of coaches over history I would rather have than Madden is short.

He had a great run during his time. You can't take it away from him, however, him leaving at such an early age, leaves something to be desired for me. Just my opinion though.

I like Gibbs, but is this team any better off now than it was before he got here?

I've been on this board for a year and a half. I joined after your 6-10 season. At that point in time, NOBODY would have predicted you'd have the year you had last year. And if anyone would have told you that you'd end up with a 10-6 record and two playoff games, you'd have had a collective orgasm.

THAT'S what he's done for your team.

Or perhaps you'd prefer to go back to the Norv Turner and Steve Spurrier days?

Or perhaps you'd prefer to go back to the Norv Turner and Steve Spurrier days?

Actually, BT, I wouldn't bring Spurrier back if he coached for free; however, Gibbs' record so far this stint has been pretty much up to par with what we had in the middle of the Turner era. I sure hope things turn around and we have a good 2007, because I would hate to see Gibbs go out a loser here.

so for the cowboy fans, how is Bill Parcells going for all you?

COrrect me if I'm wrong, the cowboys finished 9-7 last year, how is that bad? THey had the exact same players except Tony and Johnson. Of course, Johnson was a better WR with the cowboys than TO is right now. We also beat the Giants and you guys couldn't even beat the Rams, which we beat in that 5 in row wins.

Also, WTF does it matter if we won a SB in the strike years? it should be easier for anybody to win those?

Cowboys will probably finish 9-7 like they did last year.

haha, no its actually an old gangster movie (not sure which one) with their heads put over the real characters

Actually it is from the Christopher Walken movie King Of New York. Walken (the King) pulls up and blasts whiney ***** David Carruso (First Blood, CSI Miami) in the face with a shotgun. The prdoduction of that modification is excellent.

Archived