Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Personally don't think the striping looks off, but that's just me. We have the best current uni's in the game.

Yeah, everyone has different tastes. The striping needs to be bolder, imo. It's too thin right now.

I like the gold w burgundy tops, but theyve been bad luck at home. Throw it back to the Rick Ross white on whites.

I actually wouldn't mind that at all.

Guest Spearfeather
Personally don't think the striping looks off, but that's just me. We have the best current uni's in the game.

Agreed. I like the three-stripe pattern better.

The striping is off with the jerseys, socks, white pants and burgundy pants.

The Helmet and Gold pants are both triple striped.

The white pants and burgundy pants are double striped.

The jerseys (both burgundy and white) are double striped.

The socks have like 100 stripes.

If I was in charge of this crap, I'd go with a simplified look. Something like this (except keep the chief helmet):

JERGENSEN.jpg

I hate the yellow pants.. we never win in them either !!!

We don't win no matter what we wear!

What was the team's record over the last 20 years, when they pretty much wore nothing but white on burgundy?

Gold pants are cool. Burgundy and Gold are the team colors. Burgundy jerseys and Gold pants should be the permanent home uniform, they just need to adjust the colors to the 70th anniversary, or that picture I posted a few post back.

Guest Spearfeather

May as well get used to the gold pants. They're popular and as long as Bruce Allen is here, I have a feeling we will be wearing them one way or another.

It's not like we can never bring back the burgundy pants. I like that uniform also, but frankly, seeing them for 13 or 14 games a year ( except 2001 - 2002 ), for 31 years, was a little monotonous, to say the least.

Edited by Spearfeather

The burgundy pants will return next season. Per the NFL Rules, you can have 3 uniforms, so we have 3 jerseys and 3 pants this year. No room for the burgundy. Next season, we won't have the 80th, so the burgundy pants will be back.

I think for home, the burgundy jerseys and gold pants are by far the best option. As I've mentioned though, I just wish they'd get the colors right. By that I mean slightly darker and less shiny "gold" pants, and a true burgundy jersey color (see the 80th anniversary or the 70th jersey).

For away, I really like the white / gold, but I like the white / burgundy a lot too. I'd be fine with rotating between the two, but the dominate one beting white on burgundy (4 away games with white on burgundy, and 3 with white on gold).

I'd also be fine with dropping the white pants all together. I really don't think we need them at all.

The burgundy pants will return next season. Per the NFL Rules, you can have 3 uniforms, so we have 3 jerseys and 3 pants this year. No room for the burgundy. Next season, we won't have the 80th, so the burgundy pants will be back.

I think for home, the burgundy jerseys and gold pants are by far the best option. As I've mentioned though, I just wish they'd get the colors right. By that I mean slightly darker and less shiny "gold" pants, and a true burgundy jersey color (see the 80th anniversary or the 70th jersey).

For away, I really like the white / gold, but I like the white / burgundy a lot too. I'd be fine with rotating between the two, but the dominate one beting white on burgundy (4 away games with white on burgundy, and 3 with white on gold).

I'd also be fine with dropping the white pants all together. I really don't think we need them at all.

You never know, they might keep the 80th Anniversary jerseys as an alternate for the next couple of years. But I agree, they should have dropped the white pants and kept the burgundy. Gold pants is all that needs to be paired with the burgundy jerseys and white over burgundy and white over gold look better than white on white does.

What about them changing the striping everyone complains about? I suppose if they were going to do that they would have already

My logic is that if they were going to change the striping, it would have been done this year with the NIke change-over. Doesn't mean it'll never happen, but it seems unlikely at this point.

My logic is that if they were going to change the striping, it would have been done this year with the NIke change-over. Doesn't mean it'll never happen, but it seems unlikely at this point.

I'm pretty sure Nike is evolving the uniforms over the next few years, so just because something looks a certain way this year doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

because of the NFL uniform rules, there's a possibility of the return of white on white due to our throwback alternate. I'm betting that will be the color scheme against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Nah, Packers and Steelers wore yellow/gold pants in the SB. Jersey color is the only thing that has to be different per NFL rules. We'll wear white jerseys with gold pants in Pittsburgh.

Gold. GOLD. They're gold, not yellow. Burgundy and gold.

They appear to be our regular jerseys now. I really don't know why we go with that white and I'm not sure that anyone does.

Gold.

I know they are gold, except they are yellow. And they make the players look short and fat. Home whites and red pants for me. Yeah, I know, burgundy.

I'm pretty sure Nike is evolving the uniforms over the next few years, so just because something looks a certain way this year doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

The truth is that none of us really know what the hell is going on with this and anything that any of us is saying is spectulation and educated guesses.

I remember when they did away with the gold pants after the 1978 season. They got new uniforms that were one of two schemes: the burgundy jersey/white pants and the burgundy pants/white jersey. My favorite was always the burgundy pants/white jersey. I wish they would wear those again. I'm not crazy about their bringing back those gold pants.