Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Went to the stadium store to speak with the marketing manager about a t-shirt design that a freind and I had come up with. During the conversation I asked, are we doing anything special in regaurds to a 75th ann. uniform this year. I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

Now, if they would change the present uniform with something more contemporary than the Joe Gibbs era burgundy and white. I don't like that color combination at all.

We are burgundy and gold. :cheers:

Went to the stadium store to speak with the marketing manager about a t-shirt design that a freind and I had come up with. During the conversation I asked, are we doing anything special in regaurds to a 75th ann. uniform this year. I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

I heard the same thing this past weekend when I was in one of the Redskin stores here in Richmond. Guy told me 1st game for sure, but didn't know about any games after that. I asked him if there was any plan to bring back the 70th anniv uni, and he said "No" because he heard Gibbs hates that helmet design.

Interesting if true but who knows? Probably 12th hand info.

I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

Not to be anal but those uniforms were used in 1970-71. 1972 was our first year with the indian head on the side.

I heard the same thing this past weekend when I was in one of the Redskin stores here in Richmond. Guy told me 1st game for sure, but didn't know about any games after that. I asked him if there was any plan to bring back the 70th anniv uni, and he said "No" because he heard Gibbs hates that helmet design.

Interesting if true but who knows? Probably 12th hand info.

I thought Gibbs let the players decide on the jerseys and that stuff...

Don't take the Gibbs name in vain!! :laugh:

Hahahaha, nice one.

I think I'll have to buy one of these Jerseys, don't know what player, I def am going to get one of the old guys, I have Cooley, time for old school.

Will they cost anymore you think?

Not to be anal but those uniforms were used in 1970-71. 1972 was our first year with the indian head on the side.

Thank you!

Also, I've seen the "R" helmet on websites being sold as a 75th anniversary helmet, not a throwback. I do hope the they do the whole uniform and not some updated retro crap.