Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Addressing the "It's Not all Brunell" rationale...

NoCalMike

Similar situation in Dallas. Bledsoe was not playing GREAT, but the team was a winning team or no less then .500 this season, yet Parcells recognized that for all the good things Bledsoe brought, it was what he wasn't doing that was hurting the team.

I don't believe it is "all brunell's fault" but I do think he is doing or not doing enough to warrant being benched.

That INT today should seal Brunell's fate. Parcells also didn't bench Bledsoe right away - it had to come to a point when Bledsoe was just that bad and when Romo sits to pee was good enough to be ready.

I think we're at that point now. It's not all Brunell, but it's gotten to a point where it's mostly Brunell. Campbell also has to be good enough to step in. We'll find out pretty soon.

Brunell has been done being a real QB for several seasons. Last year he just pulled a "Trent Dilfer 2000" and rode Portis and a great OL to the playoffs where Brunell quickly had the least productive game in NFL history.

He sucks, has sucked since before Leftwich was drafted, and will continue to suck while collecting the majority of a 40+ mil contract.

I can only hope that the coaches realize that the best thing to do at 3-6 (with no downfield passing game and a struggling defense) would be to play Campbell and some other young players for the final 7 games.

We can make the most out of having 7 full-speed exhibition games to get some young talent ready for next year. Let Saunders take FULL control of the Campbell-led offense and do everything you can to expose him to everything this year and get in a rhythm with some players he'll be playing with next year.

Then we can hope that we have some young players up to speed to start the 2007 season. Play for the future and go ahead and establish something longer-term.

Then this offseason, draft and acquire some line depth/starters (both offense and defense).

We have the skill positions all set with younger players (Portis, Betts, Moss, Randle-El, Lloyd, Cooley) and we'll be getting some guys back from injury (Prioleau) which should shore up the secondary.

With improved line play, another year under Saunders with no restrictions, and the infusion of some young talent, we should be in a much better position to compete next season.

and the Poke's D is ranked where?

:thumbsup:

and the pokes are 1-2 the past 3 games

and their defense is 5th in the league, and they are now 5-4 after the win against the Cards, and tied for 2nd in the east, with a qb that can get it done.

As much as I hate them, Parcells deserves credit for actually having balls and putting in a qb when a change was needed, unlike Gibbs...................... :mad:

and their defense is 5th in the league, and they are now 5-4 after the win against the Cards, and tied for 2nd in the east, with a qb that can get it done.

As much as I hate them, Parcells deserves credit for actually having balls and putting in a qb when a change was needed, unlike Gibbs...................... :mad:

How many turnovers did the pokes force today? The announcers said earlier that they have 90 points off of turnovers 2nd in the league. Wanna guess where we are in that catagory?

and the Poke's D is ranked where?

and the pokes are 1-2 the past 3 games

So, Bubba, are you saying that if our D was ranked the same as Dallas's D our Win-Loss would be much improved? Some turnovers from the D would certainly help, but there is no way that Brunell stands in there and continues to throw the lame screen passes behind the line of scrimmage and the Redskins win games. Come on, you would have to be an idiot to think that.

My support for Brunell is officially over. We need to demand that Cambell starts for the rest of the season!!! I hope the media can drill Gibbs this week because he has a lot of questions to answer.

You guys crack me up. Gibbs doesnt give a rats ass about what the media thinks.

Gibbs loyalty had turned into stupid arrogance. He refuses to adjust to the newer NFL, and thinks his old ways will work in 2006. News Flash! Your a loser Joe, losers end up being fired. To think somehow "staying the course" will somehow work out, WRONG. You are about to have one of the worst seasons in Redskins history, it's time to change things sir. You are alienating the fans, and support will soon be at an all time low. It's your future, what are you going to do?

So, Bubba, are you saying that if our D was ranked the same as Dallas's D our Win-Loss would be much improved? Some turnovers from the D would certainly help, but there is no way that Brunell stands in their and continues to throw the lame screen passes behind the line of scrimmage and the Redskins win games. Come on, you would have to be an idiot to think that.

If the defense bothered to show up wed be right at 500.

Even on TV you could see Brunell miss a wide open Lloyd a few times today. Granted he was being rushed hard, but as I have Sunday Ticket and that happens to every QB in the league. The successful ones hit the open guy. After doing that a few times the rush dies down. We need to make a change just to make a change. Plus, lets see if Campbell has what it takes. Better to find out now if he doesn't have it than suffering with it next year.

Its all about blame, the owners need to shake things up to save them from a failed investment from the "git-go" and that is over M. Saunders and his 700 page play book. If Mr Gibbs were to step back into the actual coaching and removed M. Saunders from the management of the offense, the Redskins stats would be fantastic right now. Review Mondays Washington Post for more details concering the changes that have happened within the team. What good is a playbook and Millions of Dollars if it is costing you the "W"? Is it Brunell's fault? No- it is management not taking repsonsibility and really looking at their mistakes. The players bust their tail, including Mark Brunell, he knows what is on the line and every play called is made by the man upstairs- calling the shot, not the QB. So instead of doing the right thing, make a scape goat and blame it on the QB, even though he isn't the one calling the plays? How truly shaming by the management- they need to take responsibility for their choices made prior to this season by brining in AL Saunders- that is where the fault lays. The R-Skins when directly "Coached" by Joe Gibbs made it to the play-offs last year- the only difference MAJOR between this year and last (besides the L's) is Al Saunders- the million dollar mistake. Terminate his contract, let Joe get back into doing what he is supposed to do- "COACH" and let the Redskins win- again. Instead of idiotic plays that don't work, taking motivated players and switching their positions which they were very familiar with, to non-effective positions which limit their potentials aka- Chris Cooley- and focusing on the power houses of the team- which we all know well. It isn't about the QB, its about blame- and sure that is the business but the reality of it is- getting rid of Al Saunders and that costly mistake. Sure Brunell, messed up- this past game- but only one interception in the past six games and they bench him? This is how management acts responsible- "blame the troops when they are in command"?

I dont think anybody is going to support starting Brunell. But there is a difference in us and Dallas. They actually have a defense that shows up for the game.
Ther defense is not all that. If we can sustain drives with our offense than our D can rest and they will be fresh and more effective. Dalls D is better now with Romo sits to pee than without him because they are converting 3rd downs and keeping them off the field.

Look what happend yesterday. Philly had 2 long drives over 8 min a drive. That 17 to 20 min. Thats over a whole quater of a game. Thats ridiculous!!!!!!!! What Defense you know that can be effective if they are on the field that long.

You guys crack me up. Gibbs doesnt give a rats ass about what the media thinks.

Oh Really?

Between Doc walker yesterday and today, B Mitch letting fans vent, the sportstalk uncensored on Sirius this morning and Czaban as well as FANS in Blogs that the Redskins do read including this one had something to do with it.

Bubba: most disturbing sig ever.

Almost made me forget to say that a QB with legs and a quick release can make up for imperfect O-line play.

I hope Gibbs cares somewhat about what fans think, though if he always listened to us Robert McCune would be starting MLB.

Hmmm, maybe we're on to something.

If the defense bothered to show up wed be right at 500.

There you go again (in Reagan voice). Um, how about you ask this year's Raiders squad about that? Or, the 2004 Skins? The defenses on those teams are/were stellar and they are/were both a long way from .500.

Try again dude. I'm not saying Campbell is going to turn our season around on a dime, but please let us know why making the (possible) improvement we're able to make isn't a step in the right direction? Should we continue to sit Rocky as well in favor of Mr. Super Smart on the defensive side of the ball? After all, getting Rocky some experience isn't going to improve our OL, or our kicking game. In other words, you're saying we should have every single player we need before we start playing any young guys...with our season all but over? Uhhh, riiiight. :rolleyes:

You've said yourself you agree with benching Brunell, so what's your rationale for saying we'll still suck anyway? Could it be, we've found the true nattering naybob of negativism? Where are all the folks who called us "Brunell haters" out for not supporting the team when this mope pulls his routine?

Archived