Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor= Lavar Arrington

skinsngibbs4life

Wow, Arrington was one of the most idiotic football players weve ever had. We paid him all that money to bascially run around like an idiot and do w/e he wanted. Once and awhile he did do something, but overall he was a useless player, im glad we got rid of him, and considering he wanted to act like a prick, im glad he tore his acl too.

Wow, Arrington was one of the most idiotic football players weve ever had. We paid him all that money to bascially run around like an idiot and do w/e he wanted. Once and awhile he did do something, but overall he was a useless player, im glad we got rid of him, and considering he wanted to act like a prick, im glad he tore his acl too.

He might have been an ass, but he could atleast stop the run better than Holdman.

I think alot of STs personal fouls are crap. Anyone see that lick Roy williams put on the guy from TB yesterday(I forget who he was)? Clearly going out of bounds, and helmet to helmet infront of the ref...no flag=good hit. ST barley brushes by a guy that is on his way out of bounds its a PF, and he is a werckless player?

Let ST knock the junk out of the opposing team if its a PF so what. maybe the'll think twice about trying for a catch.

I honestly think that it is inherant that players seem to play at the level of their record. Sean Taylor does need to watch out for the personal fouls. Those penalties can kill you. His tackles need work. He does go for the "big hit" too many times instead of a good, textbook tackle. However, that is the nature of a strong, hard hitting safety. Unlike Arrington, I think Taylor will improve each season. He is never going to be traded, unless their is a serious injury. Keep your faith in the great players we do have, and Taylor is a great player. He just needs to work on his temper and late hits. He also needs to learn to wrap guys up when given the opportunity.

Both physically gifted, both dont use it.

Sean is the most undisciplined player on this team. He is good for at least 1 personal foul a game. I am very dissapointed with this guy. It's almost like he forgot everything that he learned during his entire football career.

I counted at least 6 missed tackles, sesveral blown coverages, and 2 personal fouls.

Definatly not the play of a premier NFL player. He might be one of the most overrated players in this league.

It is kind of hard to play well when every ref is looking at you because of your reputation as a dirty player. Any hard hit this guy makes is called a penalty then the next play hell play loose and get burned because hes not allowed to play the way he wants.

This is ridiculous, its hard for a player to look good when the whole team plays like garbage, we need to stop picking on individuals and realize there is something wrong with the team as whole, from top to bottom including the coaches.

The team might play badly, but Taylor misses tackles. He blows coverage. This guy is supposed to be better than Roy Williams in coverage? What a joke. Im still waiting for Archuleta and Taylor to form that head hunting team you all predicted.

Here we go again with this. How long before ST starts getting treated like Arrington. Its not an excuse but our D-line is so hideous, O-linemen are reaching the next level, thus creating bad tackling, bad angles, etc. Its ridiculous.

Another thing is I really laugh now at the notion that how Lavar and Champ were killed on this forum. We damn sure could use them now. Just on play ability alone, Lavar is 10 times better than Holdman. And Champ is better than all our CB's. Another intangible Champ had while here, is he never missed a gm.

But the starter of this thread needs to look at the whole gm. The Skins back 7 over compensate because the Skins D-line gets blown off the ball. When you can't stop the run, you can't play defense. Period. Even Ray Lewis as great as he is demanded that he get 2 tackles to eat up space so he could read and react instead of dodging on coming o-linemen. I mean a pass rush is needed no doubt. Stopping the run is a must. The Skins haven't had a decent DE since Charles Mann. But if you can at least stop the run you can put teams in 3rd and long.

Lastly I can remember the 3rd preseason gm this year against the Jets. They(Jets) virtually ate up the entire 3rd quater running the ball. The coaches and some on this forum attributed it to the Skins not implementing the full defensive scheme. I was like WHAT? What scheme so you need to to line up and stop the run? I felt ill feelings after that game. I never thought the defense would be this bad though.

He he.

Taylor is not in Lavar's league but he may still get there.

Sean's hard hits need to accompanied by better coverage and decisionmaking.

In Lavar's last (partial) game at Dallas, he had several tackles, knocked down a Bledsoe pass, and sacked Bledsoe for a safety.

The Giants dominated and the won in Dallas.

NYG coach, Coughlin, noted that LA's season ending injury came just as the star was beginning to make a serious impact.

Sean is the most undisciplined player on this team. He is good for at least 1 personal foul a game. I am very dissapointed with this guy. It's almost like he forgot everything that he learned during his entire football career.

I counted at least 6 missed tackles, sesveral blown coverages, and 2 personal fouls.

Definatly not the play of a premier NFL player. He might be one of the most overrated players in this league.

And this is what happens when you don't fully fund the No Child Left Behind Act.

Guest sith lord
have u not notice our whole defense is horrible... Sean Taylor is a playmaker... hes has one bad game... and he goes from GOD to most overrated player...

give me a break

He's not as big a playmaker as you make him out to be. Like the original poster has stated, ST is very undisiplined and misses many tackles because he goes after the big hit all the time.

sean is shady with the ball sometimes.. his teammates go up for the ball for the int, there comes sean taylor to try to get the pick himself or hits his own teammate and then we dont get the int. seans body has matured but his mind hasnt..

What the hell are you talking about? No, seriously, that might be the stupidest, least thought out, baseless post that I have ever read. Ever.

and this is the post that will start the ST snow ball effect to get him out of town

ST still made the key play to beat Dallas this year (returning the blocked field goal). So he stays!!!!

how the hell was that the key play? I guess Vincents block didnt have anything to do with that :rolleyes:

think back to that play though. The kick ggets blocked, taylor picks up the ball. He starts returning the ball, and instead of following his blockers, he decides to run into TWO dallas defenders, in what can only be seen as an attempt to try and run someone over. If it wasn't for that personal foul call, we would all be cursing ST for not following the convoy of blockers he had to get him into the endzones.

Archived