Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor= Lavar Arrington

skinsngibbs4life

Youre saying hes overrated. And hes not good.

Who CARES about the facemask? The guy picked the ball up and ran when 99.9% of coaches on th eplanet would say GET DOWN. The guy won the game, PERIOD. Without his effort and instinct who knows what would have happened.

Im just bringing it up because all youre doing is looking at negatives. No WONDER you think "the bad plays outweigh the good plays" when your doom n gloom ass forgets all about the good plays, I guess maybe it does seem that way.

Im calling out Skins fans because its fans like you that make it tough for the rest of us to stay positive and hold our heads high. Calling out sean taylor at this point is pathetic.

Who says Taylor won the game last week? Hell, if it wasn't for the dallas player grabbing the facemask, it would have went to overtime. Hell, taylor should have scored on that play. With the convoy that he had in front of him, its hard to believe that he wasn't smart enough to follow his blockers.

It's funny how you try to turn this threas into "redskin fans blaming taylor for the loss". Not once did I ever mention Taylor losing the game for us, and never would I. All this thread is saying is that Taylor is not as good as people make him out to be. How does that lay the blame of the loss on him?

sean has been a disappointment for me this year. he is not having a good year. but i certainly don't think he "sucks." he is still very good, but he is starting to scare me. i'm afraid he's on the path of not developing the brains for the game. he makes too many stupid mistakes. he has way too many mental lapses and if it wasn't for his crazy raw talent, he wouldn't be very good. then again, the whole defense is pathetic, so i don't think you can judge taylor too critically this year.

sean has been a disappointment for me this year. he is not having a good year. but i certainly don't think he "sucks." he is still very good, but he is starting to scare me. i'm afraid he's on the path of not developing the brains for the game. he makes too many stupid mistakes. he has way too many mental lapses and if it wasn't for his crazy raw talent, he wouldn't be very good. then again, the whole defense is pathetic, so i don't think you can judge taylor too critically this year.

well said. he has been disappointing, but again, name someone on the defense who hasn't disappointed.

THIS is a common sense post that doesnt jump to conclusions and doesnt get ridiculous. An opinion, well stated, well backed up. Not "hes like lavar" "he sucks" "maybe the most overrated player" etc etc etc...THAT is the definition of good ol' "the sky is falling" and we've all heard enough of it.

You are CRAZY.

Springs was nowhere to be found all day.

Uh, isnt it usually a good thing for a CB to not have his name called all game?

And here you are, complaining about SEAN TAYLOR. A guy who hustles no matter what, plays with heart (more than anyone else on this team thats for sure), could be better in coverage and has struggled a bit but has shown up more THIS year AND LAST year than ANYONE on defense........and hes overrated..

Jeez, you sound so much like joe gibbs here. You know, Brunell played with heart and intensity all day also, does that mean he gets a break as well?

Just because a guy hustles doesnt mean he is good. I see Holdman working his ass off out there, but he still sucks. It doesnt mean everything

You actually get to see some truths when you take the homer glasses off, maybe you should try it sometime.

Yea ok. And how does exactly kissing Cowboys ass seeing truths?

If you werent such a Cowboys kiss ass you would remember Taylor's first two seasons here where he went up against the likes of Randy Moss, Chad Johnson and other good/great receivers and came out on top. You would remember that he shut down Antonio Gates, the best TE in football. You would realize that Taylor is having an off year and the reason people 'overrate'(which is b.s.) because he has performed in the past and we know what he is capable of.

But no. YOu dont do that. You think RW and ST are the same type of player and go to Cowboys message boards and kiss their ass. You sir are a damn shame to Redskins Nation.

:dallasuck

Umm..also consider Taylors age, Taylors position (much tougher than OLB), and the fact that during those 3 years Lavar was given an opportunity to play from day 1 where Taylor had to earn it his first year.

GET REAL.

Not true...Lavar played behind Greg Jones for the first part of the season. He was not given anything.

Whatever you say man, youre clueless. Springs was beat as much if not MORE than Taylor today. This is a guy who led our team in sacks. A guy who we depend on to cover and get some picks. It is NOT a good thing when you only see him 4x a week and all 4x its the back of his jersey as hes chasing someone.

How about the rest of the folks I mentioned? Have pointless responses for them too?

Im not blaming anything on Springs, Im saying he has been just as disappointing as Taylor. As Archuleta. As Rogers. As EVERYONE on defense.

Go ahead, keep blaming Sean Taylor. Just be sure to take cover as the sky is falling around you.

Not true...Lavar played behind Greg Jones for the first part of the season. He was not given anything.
After not starting the first three games, Arrington made his first NFL start Week 4 at NY Giants (9/24). He started 11 of the remaining 13 at strongside LB

Although Taylor started some games he saw nowhere NEAR the time Lavar did his first season.

NEXT!

Youre saying hes overrated. And hes not good.

When you hear people saying he is a top 5 safety in the league, its pretty obvious that he is overrated. Hell, saying hes overrated could mean he is a top 10 safety instead of top 5. It doesnt neccisarliy mean he is the best player on the field, but he definatly isnt the best.

Who CARES about the facemask?

Considering it won us the game, I would hope most skins fans would care about it :rolleyes:

The guy picked the ball up and ran when 99.9% of coaches on th eplanet would say GET DOWN.

So your saying it is good to go against what your coach would say? thanks for proving my point of being undisciplined.

Im just bringing it up because all youre doing is looking at negatives. No WONDER you think "the bad plays outweigh the good plays" when your doom n gloom ass forgets all about the good plays, I guess maybe it does seem that way.

How am i forgetting about the good plays when I say, "the bad plays outweight the good" :rolleyes:

Im calling out Skins fans because its fans like you that make it tough for the rest of us to stay positive and hold our heads high. Calling out sean taylor at this point is pathetic.

So stating the obvious is pathetic? Can you honestly dispute his missed tackles? His lack of ability to coverage? and his constant knack for getting personal fouls called against him?

Whatever you say man, youre clueless. Springs was beat as much if not MORE than Taylor today. This is a guy who led our team in sacks. A guy who we depend on to cover and get some picks. It is NOT a good thing when you only see him 4x a week and all 4x its the back of his jersey as hes chasing someone.

How about the rest of the folks I mentioned? Have pointless responses for them too?

Im not blaming anything on Springs, Im saying he has been just as disappointing as Taylor. As Archuleta. As Rogers. As EVERYONE on defense.

Go ahead, keep blaming Sean Taylor. Just be sure to take cover as the sky is falling around you.

are you serious too inorant to read all of my post? I even laid it out very easily to you, that im not laying the blame on Taylor. Yet, you keep bringing it up?

When you hear people saying he is a top 5 safety in the league, its pretty obvious that he is overrated. Hell, saying hes overrated could mean he is a top 10 safety instead of top 5. It doesnt neccisarliy mean he is the best player on the field, but he definatly isnt the best.

Newsflash. NO ONE SAYS HES A TOP 5 SAFETY but Skins fans.

Considering it won us the game, I would hope most skins fans would care about it :rolleyes:

Way to play semantics. It proves my point even more. Had Taylor not had faith that "anything can happen", we may not have won that game. Period. You prove my point yet again when you give the credit to an accidental facemask, INSTEAD of a guy who picks the ball pu and hustles down the field. Then you insinuate that he should have gotten to the end zone. PATHETIC FAN. Go ahead and pick yourself up a jersey...#00 with FACEMASK on the back.

So your saying it is good to go against what your coach would say? thanks for proving my point of being undisciplined.

If he didnt, we may not have won. You cal lthat undisciplined, I call it the will of a guy who NEVER gives up even with zero seconds on the clock. I wonder if Gibbs criticized him for an "undisciplined" play after the game? Take a guess.

How am i forgetting about the good plays when I say, "the bad plays outweight the good" :rolleyes:

Because for gods sake you give more credit to a facemask than to Taylor for hustling down the field?!?!?!? Look at your own posts!!!!!!!!!!

So stating the obvious is pathetic? Can you honestly dispute his missed tackles? His lack of ability to coverage? and his constant knack for getting personal fouls called against him?

Dude, NO ONE says hes perfect. EVERYONE can say the guy has made some mistakes. But our point is EVERYONE on this defense has. You keep missing the point because youre so busy trying to prove how bad Sean Taylor is, when HELLO its EVERYONE that deserves the same blame all around.

Yea ok. And how does exactly kissing Cowboys ass seeing truths?

If you werent such a Cowboys kiss ass you would remember Taylor's first two seasons here where he went up against the likes of Randy Moss, Chad Johnson and other good/great receivers and came out on top. You would remember that he shut down Antonio Gates, the best TE in football. You would realize that Taylor is having an off year and the reason people 'overrate'(which is b.s.) because he has performed in the past and we know what he is capable of.

But no. YOu dont do that. You think RW and ST are the same type of player and go to Cowboys message boards and kiss their ass. You sir are a damn shame to Redskins Nation.

:dallasuck

aand in the last two seasons you seem to forget how he got burned by patrick crayton with less than 1 minute left in a game for a TD( a game that would have kept us in wild card contention that year).

You seem to forget him completly overpursuing LT in overtime against the chargers and giving up the TD.

its not kissing ass when it is the truth, and this is the truth. When you go to someone elses house, you dont **** in their living room, sorry if I follow peoples rules :rolleyes:

are you serious too inorant to read all of my post? I even laid it out very easily to you, that im not laying the blame on Taylor. Yet, you keep bringing it up?

Too "inorant", huh?

Youre not laying the blame on THIS GAME on Taylor, but wake up genius. We have a tough loss and you come on saying "Sean Taylor sucks hes overrated" when theres a MILLION other things to complain about, including the defense as a whole. Yet you pick on Sean Taylor. I bring up everyone elses poor play that has plagued us all year, and you defend ONE GUY (Springs), therefore acknowledging my argument yet picking the one point you wish to defend.

If Im so "inorant" then maybe you shouldn't respond to my "inorant" posts. We'll just sit here and continue to call you and other blind fans out and wonder which is worse, dealing with fans like you or watching our team lose? You can sit in a corner and continue to criticize the heart of our defense, the future of our defense, while the rest of the team struggles as much as he is.

aand in the last two seasons you seem to forget how he got burned by patrick crayton with less than 1 minute left in a game for a TD( a game that would have kept us in wild card contention that year).

You seem to forget him completly overpursuing LT in overtime against the chargers and giving up the TD.

its not kissing ass when it is the truth, and this is the truth. When you go to someone elses house, you dont **** in their living room, sorry if I follow peoples rules :rolleyes:

Yea he got burned by Crayton as a rookie. You seem to forget that we went 6-10 that year. So much for wild card contention. :rolleyes: You also seem to forget that he came back next year and saved us the game against the Cowboys when he blew his ass up on 3rd down on their last drive. How convenient of you.

He may have overpursued but that was Clark's side and you seem to forget that Clark was the one that got ran over.

Telling the truth is not kissing ass but the way you act on CZ IS kissing ass. Dont give me that **** about following people's rules. Their is following rules and their is kissing ass. You kiss ass.

I seriously doubt you are a Redskins fan. If you are, you are one of the worst Redskins fans I have ever seen.

Yea he got burned by Crayton as a rookie. You seem to forget that we went 6-10 that year. So much for wild card contention. :rolleyes: You also seem to forget that he came back next year and saved us the game against the Cowboys when he blew his ass up on 3rd down on their last drive. How convenient of you.

He may have overpursued but that was Clark's side and you seem to forget that Clark was the one that got ran over.

Telling the truth is not kissing ass but the way you act on CZ IS kissing ass. Dont give me that **** about following people's rules. Their is following rules and their is kissing ass. You kiss ass.

I seriously doubt you are a Redskins fan. If you are, you are one of the worst Redskins fans I have ever seen.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

The guy only sees the bad, not the good. Its a lost cause...I hope he turns his jersey in, jumps on the Bears bandwagon and never looks back. Good riddance.

Newsflash. NO ONE SAYS HES A TOP 5 SAFETY but Skins fans.

I am honestly starting to think that you dont know what the word overrated means. If someone thinks hes a top 5 safety when he isn't, THATS OVERRATED!

Way to play semantics. It proves my point even more. Had Taylor not had faith that "anything can happen", we may not have won that game. Period. You prove my point yet again when you give the credit to an accidental facemask, INSTEAD of a guy who picks the ball pu and hustles down the field. Then you insinuate that he should have gotten to the end zone. PATHETIC FAN. Go ahead and pick yourself up a jersey...#00 with FACEMASK on the back.

And we may would have LOST the game if it wasn't for Troy VIncent, yet Taylor "won" us the game?

If he didnt, we may not have won. You cal lthat undisciplined, I call it the will of a guy who NEVER gives up even with zero seconds on the clock. I wonder if Gibbs criticized him for an "undisciplined" play after the game? Take a guess.

He also showed will and desire when he tackled Brian Westbrook 5 yards out of bounds. Is that a good thing also?

EVERYONE can say the guy has made some mistakes. But our point is EVERYONE on this defense has. You keep missing the point because youre so busy trying to prove how bad Sean Taylor is, when HELLO its EVERYONE that deserves the same blame all around.

and yet, we never see anything bad written about Sean Taylor. Hm... If everyone is playing just as bad, why should one player(Sean Taylor) get off the hook when someone like Warrick Holdman(who by the way is making the same mistakes as taylor) is taking all the wrath?

A double standard maybe?

Actual, that year, an 8-8 team made the playoffs. So after that game, our last games would have actual mattered, instead of meaning nothing.

Oh, and was that dallas game the same game that ST gave up a deep TD to terry glenn? is that the same game you want to bring up?

if you want to see something, go back and look at the last couple threads of the skins game thread from toda. Kissing ass huh?

You can think what you want. You prove my point that you dont know a damn thing about football. Your sample size is REDSKINS FANS. A correct sample size would be everyone, and say hes maybe ranked #12 among active safeties...wouldnt that mean hes probably not overrated? I GUARANTEE YOU the rest of the world does not view Sean Taylor as a top 5 safety. Therefore, he is NOT overrated. If anything, in the eyes of Redskins fans, he is UNDERRATED. Youre looking from the inside out when you should be looking from the outside in. Ask Skins fans in 2004 to rank the top 3 MLBs and see where Pierce is. Ask the rest of the world the same question. I guess Pierce would then be considered overrated? Right. Nobody even knew who Antonio Pierce was, but damn if we wouldnt say hes top 3. And in your eyes, he would be overrated even though he was nameless to the general public.

The difference is youre calling out a guy who most people who live on the planet earth, most people in touch with reality, and most people who WATCH football would say is a huge asset to this team, a guy who has made big plays for us and a guy who will lead this defense for the next 10 years. You take a few bad plays and wrap him up in a pretty package like hes overrated. Hence you deserve the bashing youre getting.

I think the poster's original assumption is very true. The problem is that people's hatred of Lavar is clouding their judgement. In his first three years, people were making the same comments about Lavar that they are making about Taylor now. Physically gifted, playmaker, one of the leaders on defense, prone to ill-timed penalties that hurt the team.

The difference is that has the realationship soured, Lavar's tacking bad pursuit angles or being caught out of position became "freelancing" where as this coaching staff, especially Greg Williams seems to be more tolerant of Taylor's mistake.

Youre looking from the inside out when you should be looking from the outside in. Ask Skins fans in 2004 to rank the top 3 MLBs and see where Pierce is. Ask the rest of the world the same question. I guess Pierce would then be considered overrated? Right. Nobody even knew who Antonio Pierce was, but damn if we wouldnt say hes top 3. And in your eyes, he would be overrated even though he was nameless to the general public.

Terrible example. Pierce was an UDFA agent, Taylor was a top 10 draft selection.

Terrible example. Pierce was an UDFA agent, Taylor was a top 10 draft selection.

Irrelevant. I am talking about performance and performance alone. If anything that would HELP my argument that most people outside of Skins country would recognize Taylor and name him among the top 5 safeties. That would help Taylor more than it would hurt Pierce not being a pick in terms of being "noticed"

My point is, whats said in the 3 states of MD/DC/VA does NOT reflect the general opinion of the rest of the planet.

You can think what you want. You prove my point that you dont know a damn thing about football. Your sample size is REDSKINS FANS. A correct sample size would be everyone, and say hes maybe ranked #12 among active safeties...wouldnt that mean hes probably not overrated? I GUARANTEE YOU the rest of the world does not view Sean Taylor as a top 5 safety. Therefore, he is NOT overrated. If anything, in the eyes of Redskins fans, he is UNDERRATED. Youre looking from the inside out when you should be looking from the outside in. Ask Skins fans in 2004 to rank the top 3 MLBs and see where Pierce is. Ask the rest of the world the same question. I guess Pierce would then be considered overrated? Right. Nobody even knew who Antonio Pierce was, but damn if we wouldnt say hes top 3. And in your eyes, he would be overrated even though he was nameless to the general public.

The difference is youre calling out a guy who most people who live on the planet earth, most people in touch with reality, and most people who WATCH football would say is a huge asset to this team, a guy who has made big plays for us and a guy who will lead this defense for the next 10 years. You take a few bad plays and wrap him up in a pretty package like hes overrated. Hence you deserve the bashing youre getting.

so because im stating the obvious(aspects of taylors game which you have failed to disagree to) i dont know a thing about football? Please.

How does this change the fact that he is still overrated? So what my sample size is redskins fans? This a redskins board isn't it? So wouldnt most of my audience be redskins fans? Regardless, there have many instances on ESPN where John Clayton and others have stated that Sean Taylor is a guy that you need on your team. His great plays seem to always overshadow his faults. No matter how bad he does, it wont matter because he is the guy that made 1 play that HELPED us get into the playoffs.

The fact is, Taylor isn't the player that most regarded him, and I dont think that you can even dispute that.

I'm sorry if I would rather have a guy stop 20 bad things from happening than have someone who 2 or 3 good things from happening

so because im stating the obvious(aspects of taylors game which you have failed to disagree to) i dont know a thing about football? Please.

No, you take those aspects, multiply them by 10, subtract any positive aspects, and present it as a baked up argument. Its bogus, and you don't know a thing. Thats all.

How does this change the fact that he is still overrated? So what my sample size is redskins fans? This a redskins board isn't it? So wouldnt most of my audience be redskins fans? Regardless, there have many instances on ESPN where John Clayton and others have stated that Sean Taylor is a guy that you need on your team.

BECAUSE HE IS. HELLO? Nowhere do they say hes a top 5 safety. He IS a big play guy. He IS a guy you need on your team. Everyone recognizes it BUT you, cowboys fans, and angry fans disappointed in the team today. Tomorrow, they will come to their senses, realize how ridiculous it is, and retract. But you wont. Thats the difference between emotion and just being a fool.

His great plays seem to always overshadow his faults. No matter how bad he does, it wont matter because he is the guy that made 1 play that HELPED us get into the playoffs.

They think that BECAUSE ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact is, Taylor isn't the player that most regarded him, and I dont think that you can even dispute that.

Sure I can, as will everyone else. He IS the player we all thought he was, and he'll get better and better. Because YOU only see doom and gloom, doesnt mean the rest of the world is blind to the positive aspects of his game as you are.

I'm sorry if I would rather have a guy stop 20 bad things from happening than have someone who 2 or 3 good things from happening[/QUOte]

See thats the difference, you only SEE 2 or 3 good things. You're blind to reality man. Sorry to tell you.

this skinsgibbs guy is a fool, just ignore him, hes all over taylors nut sack wehn he has a good game, the man has 1 bad game and this jackass comes out of the woodwork and compares him to lavar, taylor is the reason our team were as competitive as they were the last 2 seasons, and this year, with an inferior SS in archuleta beside him for the most part, hes had to try to perform miracles back there, and its just not gonna happen, he has no help

this skinsgibbs guy is a fool, just ignore him, hes all over taylors nut sack wehn he has a good game, the man has 1 bad game and this jackass comes out of the woodwork and compares him to lavar, taylor is the reason our team were as competitive as they were the last 2 seasons, and this year, with an inferior SS in archuleta beside him for the most part, hes had to try to perform miracles back there, and its just not gonna happen, he has no help

You are 100% right. I should move on. I'll take your advice.

Archived