Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we will win out and make the playoffs

Robbnva

After we lost to San Diego and dropped to 5-6 last season most fans wrote us off. I did not. I started a thread suggesting we had a chance to make the playoffs yet. People laughed at me too. I had the last laugh though. I hope Robb gets the last laugh this year. I wouldn't count this team out yet.

It is sort of my opinion but if you really look at the records of the teams we are playing and who they have beaten and lost to we can win. There are a lot of teams out there have inflated records. I think this is due to the fact that the NFL teams are weaker. We have too many NFL teams and not enough good talent.

Doing a "look who they beat and lost to" isn't quite considered "analysis", though...lol...love your optimism. :cheers:

After we lost to San Diego and dropped to 5-6 last season most fans wrote us off. I did not. I started a thread suggesting we had a chance to make the playoffs yet. People laughed at me too. I had the last laugh though. I hope Robb gets the last laugh this year. I wouldn't count this team out yet.

Biggest difference between then and now, though, is that the Skins at that time last year they lost three games in a row by either less than 3 points or in overtime...this year the Skins lost three in a row by margins of 3 pts, 14 pts and 16 pts.

Guest ComebackKing
Week 10 - Eagles offense is sputtering and with our defense completely healthy we beat the eagles
Can someone explain to me how the Eagles offense is sputtering?

They are coming off a bye week, will have a fully healthy Brian Westbrook and Stallworth. It's a do or die game for them as well.

Oh yeah plus it's at Linc.

:doh:

I wish it was so easy...

Not to mention we are 30th vs the pass and the Eagles offense is all about passing.

Biggest difference between then and now, though, is that the Skins at that time last year they lost three games in a row by either less than 3 points or in overtime...this year the Skins lost three in a row by margins of 3 pts, 14 pts and 16 pts.

Doesn't matter if it is 3 points or 40 points, A loss is a loss and we overcame the doubt and "TOOK IT TO DA HOUSE"

According to this analysis every team in the NFL is "crappy". The Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, Saints and Giants are all better teams than us. They are all going to be tough to beat. That being said we are going to run the table.

:point2sky

Yeah the in-depth analysis is that all the teams are "crappy" and have "inflated" records. Are we talking about football or boobs and butts. :laugh:

They are coming off a bye week, will have a fully healthy Brian Westbrook and Stallworth. It's a do or die game for them as well.

I wish it was so easy...

Not to mention we are 30th vs the pass and the Eagles offense is all about passing.

Losing 3 straight = sputtering offense

Doesn't matter if it is 3 points or 40 points, A loss is a loss and we overcame the doubt and "TOOK IT TO DA HOUSE"

Actually, it does matter...

Losing by 3 points when you're ahead late in the 4th means you probably lost to yourselves...which also means you probably have only a few things to correct or improve on to turn losses into wins.

Losing by 14 points when you were down by 22 pts in the 4th quarter means you were flat-out beat by the other team...which also means that you probably have a crapload to improve on to start turning those losses into wins.

I agree that if we become mathmatically elimanated from the playoffs I do not see why Gibbs wouldn't replace Brunell. Gibbs must know that Campbell will be our starter next year ,Brunell will probably retire, and Collins will be our Backup?That is scary.

I was just saying, my post is more realistic than yours. As much as I would love for this team to go on a run this season, I just don't think we have the horses to do it. Anything is possible, but I think your analysis is a bit off. You listed 4 playoff teams as being mediocre. You know the rest of the free world thinks the Skins suck, right?

I wish it was so easy...

Actually, most people are saying stop McNabbitt and Westbrook, but the one guy who truly BURNS us every game is Reggie Brown. He either scores or catches a lot of balls.

Could happen, but here's a more likely (dream) scenario.

On the road, the Skins must beat either Philly or Tampa.

Skins are more likely to lose to Philly; but in (this dream) it's a close and quite respectable loss. No "body bags".

Then the healthy, and coalescing, Skins win at Tampa, return home for 3 STRAIGHT GAMES, generate oodles of momentum and run the table.

After a miraculous tie-breaker computation, the 10-6 Skins squeak into the playoffs, primarily because Joe Gibbs is one of God's favorite coaches.

Author's hedge: Skins stay healthy, including Moss.

Ill at least grant you that yes, the teams on our schedule are not world beaters, or hot teams. Carolina, Atlanta, Phily, all teams really struggling. But you foget one thing. As of right now, we are average at best. If we make the playoffs this year, it will have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how well other teams play. It will have everything to do with how we play. I think the Eagles game is going to be a good test. If we see a good performance in the Eagles game, we have a hope. Its a game on the road, against the #1 offense in the NFL, and even if the Eagles offense has a bad day, it still will be a good test for our defense. Ill say right now, I think this next game is the barometer for the season for us.

Robb....I like the optimism, but this is the more probable scenario right here....keep the faith though!

Could happen, but here's a more likely (dream) scenario.

On the road, the Skins must beat either Philly or Tampa.

Skins are more likely to lose to Philly; but in (this dream) it's a close and quite respectable loss. No "body bags".

Then the healthy, and coalescing, Skins win at Tampa, return home for 3 STRAIGHT GAMES, generate oodles of momentum and run the table.

After a miraculous tie-breaker computation, the 10-6 Skins squeak into the playoffs, primarily because Joe Gibbs is one of God's favorite coaches.

Author's hedge: Skins stay healthy, including Moss.

9-7 at best. We still have three division games of which we should lose at least one. That puts us at 10-6 with the Saints (who beat the Iggles, you left out), Panthers and Falcons (one of them will make the playoffs), and Rams (decent wild card team). We lost at the very least one of these games, that puts us at 9-7 at best. I say the only gimme at this point are the Buccs.

All the teams you listed above that have been beaten by crappy teams can come back to us as well. Are the Titans an elite team? What about the Vikings?

Archived