Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we will win out and make the playoffs

Robbnva

ok I did some in depth analysis and this is why I know we will win out the season.

Week 10 - Eagles offense is sputtering and with our defense completely healthy we beat the eagles

Week 11 - Buccs - They are ranked 31st in points per game and yards per game 30th ins rushing yards per game and 27th passing yards per game. As long as our defense holds up and brunell doesn't sputter again we win this game

Week 12 - Panthers - They are an average team with a somewhat inflated record. They have beaten the Browns (crappy team) Bucs (crappy team) Saints (Good team with inflated record. read my summary when I get to week 15) and the Ravens (Crappy team who's record was inflated in the beginning by going 4 - 0 against crappy teams)

Week 13 - Falcons - Average team (they have a couple of legitimate wins but they have alo beaten some crappy teams (cardinals, Bucs, and Steelers) to give them a partially inflated record.

Week 14 - Eagles again at home - We are at Home!! (same summary as above)

Week 15 - Saints - 1st they haven't beaten a good team yet. their wins are (Bucs twice, Packers, Browns and the Falcons)

Week 16 - Rams - This I think is our 2nd toughest game because you don't know which team you are going to get. They haven't scored more than 28 points all season with the exception to the Lions (who are a crappy team)

Week 17 - Giants - 1st this game is at home on OUR TURF. This is our toughest game of the 2nd half and sort of fitting because it is a divisional rival and the team who will most likely take the NFC east champ position. All stats are out the window on this game. We win this game because we will need this to be in the playoffs. Our emotions will be high and the giants because they will have already clinched the playoff birth and depending how they go the rest of the season, (ie.they win out) they may even clinch home field) they may not take this game very lightly since they will be saving themselves for the playoffs. If they struggle the rest of the season and we are both battling for the NFC east division leader then everything is again out the window and it will come down to who plays the hardest.

I say we finish the season with a 11 - 5 record unless the NFC east comes down to the final game of the season and we could possibly go 10 -6 with a wild card spot.

I like your thinking. Don't get me wrong I hope your right.

Still I think we lose 2 more games, not sure which two, it depends what redskins team shows up. I say we lose to Philly this week they are so good off a bye, and we could lose to Saints in thier house.

ok I did some in depth analysis and this is why I know we will win out the season.

Week 10 - Eagles offense is sputtering and with our defense completely healthy we beat the eagles

Week 11 - Buccs - They are ranked 31st in points per game and yards per game 30th ins rushing yards per game and 27th passing yards per game. As long as our defense holds up and brunell doesn't sputter again we win this game

Week 12 - Panthers - They are an average team with a somewhat inflated record. They have beaten the Browns (crappy team) Bucs (crappy team) Saints (Good team with inflated record. read my summary when I get to week 15) and the Ravens (Crappy team who's record was inflated in the beginning by going 4 - 0 against crappy teams)

Week 13 - Falcons - Average team (they have a couple of legitimate wins but they have alo beaten some crappy teams (cardinals, Bucs, and Steelers) to give them a partially inflated record.

Week 14 - Eagles again at home - We are at Home!! (same summary as above)

Week 15 - Saints - 1st they haven't beaten a good team yet. their wins are (Bucs twice, Packers, Browns and the Falcons)

Week 16 - Rams - This I think is our 2nd toughest game because you don't know which team you are going to get. They haven't scored more than 28 points all season with the exception to the Lions (who are a crappy team)

Week 17 - Giants - 1st this game is at home on OUR TURF. This is our toughest game of the 2nd half and sort of fitting because it is a divisional rival and the team who will most likely take the NFC east champ position. All stats are out the window on this game. We win this game because we will need this to be in the playoffs. Our emotions will be high and the giants because they will have already clinched the playoff birth and depending how they go the rest of the season, (ie.they win out) they may even clinch home field) they may not take this game very lightly since they will be saving themselves for the playoffs. If they struggle the rest of the season and we are both battling for the NFC east division leader then everything is again out the window and it will come down to who plays the hardest.

I say we finish the season with a 11 - 5 record unless the NFC east comes down to the final game of the season and we could possibly go 10 -6 with a wild card spot.

According to this analysis every team in the NFL is "crappy". The Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, Saints and Giants are all better teams than us. They are all going to be tough to beat. That being said we are going to run the table.

:point2sky

I see 11-5 as well....

Im definitely a Homer but im also an observer. And i saw an attitude change in this team on sunday even berfre the big play at the end.

I saw the adjustments on both offense and defense. and i think theyl come together even more as it goes along.

I hope you are right, it would be one of the biggest comebacks in NFL history.

IMHO I believe we are going to loose some. The thing is that, based on the remaining schedule, there is a distinct possibility that one of the Wild Cards for the NFC may be 8-8. We ran some simulations, to long to detail here. So in any event, even if we loose 2, we may still make the playoffs. However, we CANNOT loose any NFC games.

I like the optimism but I find it funny that you say you did "in depth analysis" and then just throw your opinion out there.

I hope you're right though!

It is sort of my opinion but if you really look at the records of the teams we are playing and who they have beaten and lost to we can win. There are a lot of teams out there have inflated records. I think this is due to the fact that the NFL teams are weaker. We have too many NFL teams and not enough good talent.

No offense, but it doesn't surprise me to see a thread like this after the Dallas win. My question is, where were these threads a week ago?

If you do a search of my posts I have always said redskins will win and make the playoffs err paloffs :laugh: . The win against the cowboys was the game I said we had to win in order to make it. We have and now I am just trying to reassure the doubters that if you really look at the upcoming games and look at who they have won and lost to, WE CAN DO IT!

According to this analysis every team in the NFL is "crappy". The Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, Saints and Giants are all better teams than us. They are all going to be tough to beat. That being said we are going to run the table.

:point2sky

Correction my friend I did not say every team is crappy. Saints and Patriots have good records yes but look at who they beat. Crappy teams. I also said Falcons are a decent team, same situation they have beaten some crappy teams. Giants I predicted them to be NFC east champs and if they win out the could have home field advantage, but since it is so early they could possibly go on a loosing skid (although highly unlikely). The Eagles are finally showing what I predicted in the beginning of the season, and that is they should be at the bottom of our division. It isn't that they are crappy but they have horrible receivers. All of the NFL analysts in the beginning of the season also said that. They said that by adding Stallworth they added a moderate receiver to a below average core of receivers. Beating the Eagles at the Link is going to be tough, but I think we can do it and I think when they come to our House we will "Take it to da house"

Any team that can be beat by the Titans at home in a must win situation is not going to win 8 games straights against good teams. But I really hope you're right.

Titans had a really good new QB who made some very key plays and again redskins defense was banged up. Plus look at the undefeated Chicago Bears getting whopped by the Miami Dolphins. Sometimes SH*t happens

Or, we lose our next 2 games, put Jason Campbell in for the remaining 6 games so he gets some OJT, then win the SB in 2007;).

I agree that if we become mathmatically elimanated from the playoffs I do not see why Gibbs wouldn't replace Brunell. Gibbs must know that Campbell will be our starter next year ,Brunell will probably retire, and Collins will be our Backup?That is scary.

Archived