Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Coach's Show

MikeSellers45

Did anyone watch this tonight? When they were talking about Campbell starting, Gibbs said it may take between 1 and 3 years. That is crazy. If they wait that long, he will be almost 30 and in the prime of his career but as a rookie. We can't wait that long to see if he is the real deal. We must play him now.

I think if it takes 3 more years, then hes not worth anything as an NFL QB. Think about it. You draft a QB, and you dont know for 5-6 years if you have messed up your franchise? Then you play him 5 years after drafting him, find hes no good, then you have to draft ANOTHER QB, and find out 5 years later whether he is any good. That would mean it could be 10 years before the Redskins ever have a chance to recover and be competitive.

I think if it takes 3 more years, then hes not worth anything as an NFL QB. Think about it. You draft a QB, and you dont know for 5-6 years if you have messed up your franchise? Then you play him 5 years after drafting him, find hes no good, then you have to draft ANOTHER QB, and find out 5 years later whether he is any good. That would mean it could be 10 years before the Redskins ever have a chance to recover and be competitive.

........WTF!!

Lest you all forget Dallas's Tony Romo sits to pee carried the clipboard for 3 years before he got his start.

That's true, but I think the instant success of Roethlisberger, and relative instant success of a guy like Leinart lends itself to fans wanting to see a young guy earlier. Heck, Steve Young is the perfect example of a guy who bided his time, but then you don't see that very often either.

I think Roethlisberger is a crazy anomaly. That kid was a star immediately, which is virtually impossible to pull off in the NFL these days. But you can't blame long-suffering fans for wondering, "Is our guy the next Big Ben?"

Age does become a factor too. When does the average QB's performance start to fall off? 32? Maybe 33? If Campbell doesn't start until he's 27, that gives us 5 or 6 years of a potential franchise quarterback. It'd be nice to finally see some stability and longevity at the position here in DC. And I'm not sure a handful of years qualifies.

Your point is a good one, and well taken. Truthfully, I don't have a decisive stand on the QB issue right now (I know, I must be the only one). I guess I'm just kind of playing devil's advocate here.

Man I sure hope not.....we need the change to happen pretty quick.......I think he will be inserted into the Dallas game for the 2nd half if we are getting our asses kicked.....(which is what I suspect will happen)...JG can only play the loyalty card for so long.

Did anyone watch this tonight? When they were talking about Campbell starting, Gibbs said it may take between 1 and 3 years. That is crazy. If they wait that long, he will be almost 30 and in the prime of his career but as a rookie. We can't wait that long to see if he is the real deal. We must play him now.

I agree, It sounded as if Gibbs might never play him.

This will all be laid to rest this afternoon....Maybe!!

i don't think brunell playing well or not is the issue anymore. we are 2-5 and struggling a lot on offense. we are not mathematically out of the playoff, but we are not in good shape. i don't care if brunell goes out there and throws for 6000 yards, what's the point? we need to start grooming JC for the future. he needs reps and experience. i think this week would have been perfect for JC to start. after a bye week at home against another young qb, but what the heck do i know

i don't think brunell playing well or not is the issue anymore. we are 2-5 and struggling a lot on offense. we are not mathematically out of the playoff, but we are not in good shape. i don't care if brunell goes out there and throws for 6000 yards, what's the point? we need to start grooming JC for the future. he needs reps and experience. i think this week would have been perfect for JC to start. after a bye week at home against another young qb, but what the heck do i know

I agree...again.

I agree with yo9u loudmouth12... on both points in your reply.

I do NOT want an old QB to join the team. If it is not a payton manning caliber then forget it. I would rather we let Campbell run 4 - 6 games to see if he is indeed worth keeping on the sidelines.

Let's replace almost all the players who are 35 and older while we are at it. :evil:

Archived