Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

" Redskins finally have a healthy D " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Redskins finally have a healthy defense

Associated Press

Posted: 19 hours ago

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - When Gregg Williams is asked about his starting players on defense, the Redskins' defensive coach often chides the questioner by saying something like, "We don't have starters." It's his way of reminding everyone that he rotates players frequently,depending on the situation.There was no such admonition Thursday, it was pointed out to the coach that he will have all 11 of his projected starters available for the first time this season when the Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

"It's been since training camp," Williams said with a smile.

Injuries to Shawn Springs, Carlos Rogers, Cornelius Griffin, Joe Salave'a and Lemar Marshall have caused the Redskins to shuffle personnel every game. This week, for the first time, every defensive player on the roster was available for practice."It could make a big difference - everybody on the same page, and the familiarity with each other," said Marshall, who missed one game with a severe ankle sprain. "That's what you want. That's what you go through training camp and start the season thinking you'll have. With everybody there come Sunday, we could be put in a better situation to make plays."

REST OF ARTICLE ----> http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6130238

lockdoorsig.jpg

Ironic how, the biggest area an attacking offense against us would be our secondary, and Champ Bailey just got named AFC player of the month in Denver. The talent we've let go is astounding. Would have looked way better if we had a listing of:

1. Shawn Springs

2. Fred Smoot

3. Carlos Rogers

4. Walt Harris

Instead of:

1. Carlos Rogers

2. Kenny Wright

3. Mike Rumph

4. Ade Jimoh

We just got Springs back.

As a coach on another team, thats a big difference, and an obvious one when planning an attack to defeat us.

Our DL isnt all that either.

Ironic how, the biggest area an attacking offense against us would be our secondary, and Champ Bailey just got named AFC player of the month in Denver. The talent we've let go is astounding. Would have looked way better if we had a listing of:

1. Shawn Springs

2. Fred Smoot

3. Carlos Rogers

4. Walt Harris

Instead of:

1. Carlos Rogers

2. Kenny Wright

3. Mike Rumph

4. Ade Jimoh

We just got Springs back.

As a coach on another team, thats a big difference, and an obvious one when planning an attack to defeat us.

Our DL isnt all that either.

Please, Last year everyone screamed about Walt Harris needing to be taken off the field because he got burnt all year long. There was just as many threads about Harris as there was Brunell. Just because he is gone everyone thinks he was so good. I wont argue with Bailey he is very good, Smoot still hasnt shown he is a #1 corner in this league. Same old story from fans, we did just fine last year being close to #1 in pass D all year with the core guys we still have, springs and rogers.

Springs sure as hell wont do worse than K.wright and that would be a huge upgrade. Our D has been ravaged by injuries, against the titans we put 2 rookie dt's in maybe why henry ran all over them. If im not mistaken we didnt allow a 100 yd rusher until the giants game, when our dt's were banged up, but we were gettin beat deep by wright and rumph.

I think our d shows up huge this weekend. Romo sits to pee is going to look like Ramsey in his second start. And the offense will capitalize by going to the flats left, going to the flats right, throwing the ball out of bounds -- HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I think our d shows up huge this weekend. Romo sits to pee is going to look like Ramsey in his second start. And the offense will capitalize by going to the flats left, going to the flats right, throwing the ball out of bounds -- HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

:laugh: unfortunately I think you're probably right. The defense finally has both Rogers and Springs on the field, and Springs is probably back into full game shape by now. You know that Williams and the defense will come into this game with a huge chip on their shoulders.

The real question is will Brunell be able to do anything at all to loosen up the Cowboys defense so that Portis can get it going. My guess is probably not.

Good, now if we can work on throwing the ball further then 5 yards, and giving TJ Duckett some PT, we may have something.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Well the defense can never be fully healthy this year because Pierson Priloeau is on IR, leaving it up to Adam "I'm one of the highest paid safeties in the league, yet can't really play safety because I can't cover" Archuleta

That's why we have troy vincent. Again, no excuses.

Archived