Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election predictions

chomerics

OK, lets get some election predictions here. . .

We'll do the house and senate. Predict the final standings for both the House and Senate and who controls what.

For me, here is the way i see it. . .

Senate

Democrats gain 4 net seats

Repubs- 50 seats

Dems- 48 seats

Ind- 2 seats (CT & VT)

House

Democrats gain 27 net seats

Dems-229

Repubd-206

We will have a slight republican majority in the Senate and a democratic Congress. I believe that is about right, although I could see them picking up a few more. . .

I will bet you 200 dollars that you are wrong and the Democrats pick up less than 29 seats.

Put your money where your mouth is...

Why don't you put down your projections AFC, that is what this thread is about?

I also would put money on the dems gaining 4 seats in the Senate, would you?

The slam down!

$200 buckaroos

Which means if Chommie wins he'll end up with $8.49 after Mass taxes

Why would I bother to bet with a person who I know would welsh? Why don;t you guys put down what you think, or can you not muster up the sack to admit the repubs are going to lose seats?

The question is: what does it mean if the Dems pick up the House and Senate? Doesn't the President have to sign any legislation... so won't they both be able to veto each other's agenda?

It means nothing will get done for two years. Considering how Congress has acted lately, that might not be a bad thing

again Chomerics you are projecting. Just because you would welsh, doesn't mean an officer would.

So, we send checks to Henry the moderator to hold for the next week.

Put your money where your mouth is- YOU are the one who stated the prediction.

If you believe your own intelligence, why would you NOT bet?

Come on, man up cowboy.

200 bucks is nothing to you..unless you are admitting you don't know what you are talking about.

... and furthermore... Dem control now = Republican president in 2008.

The best strategy for you guys would be to let the 'Pubbies win for 2 years and then everyone will really be sick of Republicans and you can get a President in 2008.

You are probably right as well

... and furthermore... Dem control now = Republican president in 2008.

The best strategy for you guys would be to let the 'Pubbies win for 2 years and then everyone will really be sick of Republicans and you can get a President in 2008.

I don't think so. If the Dems gain control all of Bush (and the GOP) secrets will be thrown into the light. I suspect there is plenty they don't want voters to know about.

I don't think so. If the Dems gain control all of Bush (and the GOP) secrets will be thrown into the light. I suspect there is plenty they don't want voters to know about.

Or voters will know just how bad the dems really are. "again" :2cents:

Its one or the other.

Come on Chom- don't prove to everyone you are a wuss. We can do paypal to Henry and then he can disburse to the winner.

considering most democrats are saying they are going to win 40 seats, I am helping you out by only betting on 29...

if you don't even take that- then we know all we need to know..

Come on Chom- don't prove to everyone you are a wuss. We can do paypal to Henry and then he can disburse to the winner.

considering most democrats are saying they are going to win 40 seats, I am helping you out by only betting on 29...

Why should I? I put down what I think will happen, and you haven't, simple as that. You aren't going to goad me into betting anything with you. If I was going to bet $200, it would go on JRCC right now, not an election.

So what is your prediction? it was what the thread was about.

Why are you making a regular Tailgate thread so hostile?

Oh wait, nevermind.....

Why should I? I put down what I think will happen, and you haven't, simple as that. You aren't going to goad me into betting anything with you. If I was going to bet $200, it would go on JRCC right now, not an election.

So what is your prediction? it was what the thread was about.

Play

I I

I I

I I

\ /

\ /

\/

Archived