Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody have any guesses who we will overpay or trade for in 07?

ConcordNCSkinsFan

The funny thing is that if the Skins sign Clements and Freeney, you'll see all kinds of guys predicting the Superbowl again. They just don't get it. The Skins have to fix their core structural problems before adding a player or two makes any difference.

Looking for anybody with information on guys who will be free agents in the offseason because the most expensive ones will probably be Redskins next season. I know I've heard Nate Clements and Dwight Freeney mentioned in other posts. Who else?

Kind of a waste of time don't you think. And I really like the negative attitude before we even make a move.

u cant overpay peyton manning he is worth it... the redskins normally overpay for average talent.. the redskins are too dumb to pay dwight freeney money but they will do it for andre carter.. im sure the redskins will overpay a cb who has 5 ints and start 1 game

The Skins have found some talent in free agency, but they've been either aging/injured guys near the end of their careers (Springs, Brunell, Hall, Archuleta, Patten), talent guys with reps as chronic underachievers (Carter, Lloyd, Collins, Griffin). Interestingly, almost all of them were coming off a bad season. Only Randy Thomas and ARE don't fit this mold.

The young talented guys they've found (Portis, Moss) have been acquired via trade, not free agency.

We wont get Freeney. Imagine how much the Redskins would have to pay that guy. 7 years 65M or so since it is the Redskins we are talking about.

Think overrated and one dimentional and your on the right track, at least following the trend started before this season.

Mark Brunell's salary number jumps up big in 2007. If he is still on the team, we sure as heck are overpaying him.

I agree with Livestrong though, those are our ideal players. Maybe we should get Warren Sapp, Brentson Buckner, and Junior Seau as well.

The funny thing is that if the Skins sign Clements and Freeney, you'll see all kinds of guys predicting the Superbowl again. They just don't get it. The Skins have to fix their core structural problems before adding a player or two makes any difference.

Bingo. Although I think thoe would be good adds.

We'll find some super smart guys who will fight their guts out who will fit in with this good group of guys.

We'll give them all 7 year 30 million dollar contracts.

That "super smart" "Fight their guts out" **** is getting old man.

For the love of all things holy give it a rest. :doh:

Archived