Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michigan Vs Ohio State

PORTIS573

I used to live in Columbus... I've been an OSU fan since aroune '96.

I don't really give much of a **** about college football, but when I do pay attention, I pull for OSU & TN

I'm the same way... except my college team is UCLA (basketball and football).

So, I get an email from my sister (Getting her doctorite at OSU)

"Hey, what are you doing on November 18th? Want to go to the Michigan OSU game?"

I thought she was kidding.

Well she isn't and I'M FRIGGIN GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

As far as the game. I agree that Manningham will have an effect on the outcome, but Troy Smith and the OSU Offense will prove too much for Michigan

As a lifelong Michigan fan (who happens to live in Columbus) let me say that you could not be more wrong in your RB assessment. Hart gets the nod over Pittman and it's not even close. And as for backups.....Grady and Minor any day of the week.

WRs: Don't buy into the Ginn hype. He is a track-star, not a football player. Look at some game film. If you hit him early (ala Penn State and Michigan) he gets the old Todd Pinkston arms and his day is done. Gonzalez is by far their best WR. As for an entire group.....with a healthy Manningham, I give the nod to UM because Breaston is a playmaker and Arrington is a physical specimen (He reminds me ALOT of Boldin)....just strong as an ox.

Henne scares me -- he sometimes makes me scratch my head and wonder what the hell he was thinking.

UM's defense is ridiculous. Reminds me of '97 when we were pissed if people got across midfield.

As long as Henne doesn't turn the ball over, and Carr doesn't go ultra-conservative....Michigan rolls.

27 - 17 U of M

Those OSU kool-aid drinkers who think Ginn will be the best player on the field had better not forget about this man. OSU gets the edge at RB? Anyway

Mike Hart - 4.8 ypc

Antonio Pittman - 5.5 ypc

Talk about hype.

And Ginn look pretty good in Ann Arbor last year when Michigan was choking away a 9 point lead.

And it's laughable for you to give an edge to UM at WR. Breaston is a glorified

punt returner. Ohio State has 6 wideouts that see the field on a consistant basis. Including the best duo in the country.

Mike Hart - 4.8 ypc

Antonio Pittman - 5.5 ypc

Talk about hype.

And Ginn look pretty good in Ann Arbor last year when Michigan was choking away a 9 point lead.

And it's laughable for you to give an edge to UM at WR. Breaston is a glorified

punt returner. Ohio State has 6 wideouts that see the field on a consistant basis. Including the best duo in the country.

Funny how State fans conveniently forget just how banged up UM was last year.

How does the original poster give OSU the nod for running backs.

You have heard of this cat named Mike Hart, right?

But I agree with the rest of those. In any case, if Manningham is back and healthy, I think Michigan can win somewhat convincingly (10 pts.)

Antonio Pittman is one of the best backs in the nation nobody knows about he has great speed and can break tackles very consistently and get yards after contact. OSU also has the #1 RB in the nation this year out of high school many recruiting services have him the #1 rated freshman in the nation he is an absolute monster hes already go NFL size hes got very good speed and will flat out run you over Chris Wells will be one of the best backs in the nation very soon and hes very good right now. They also have Maurice wells who is a Sophmore and was one of the top rushers in Florida high school history. Michigan is not as nearly deep at RB as OSU is Michigan has 1 great back OSU has 3.

As a lifelong Michigan fan (who happens to live in Columbus) let me say that you could not be more wrong in your RB assessment. Hart gets the nod over Pittman and it's not even close. And as for backups.....Grady and Minor any day of the week.

WRs: Don't buy into the Ginn hype. He is a track-star, not a football player. Look at some game film. If you hit him early (ala Penn State and Michigan) he gets the old Todd Pinkston arms and his day is done. Gonzalez is by far their best WR. As for an entire group.....with a healthy Manningham, I give the nod to UM because Breaston is a playmaker and Arrington is a physical specimen (He reminds me ALOT of Boldin)....just strong as an ox.

Henne scares me -- he sometimes makes me scratch my head and wonder what the hell he was thinking.

UM's defense is ridiculous. Reminds me of '97 when we were pissed if people got across midfield.

As long as Henne doesn't turn the ball over, and Carr doesn't go ultra-conservative....Michigan rolls.

27 - 17 U of M

Those OSU kool-aid drinkers who think Ginn will be the best player on the field had better not forget about this man. OSU gets the edge at RB? Anyway :laugh:

If Ginn is nothing but a track star why cant Michigan stop him hes always hurting Michigan heres a reminder for you.

=

The entire left side of the OL was out, Hart was nowhere near 100% and on defense we were missing Burgess and if memory serves me, Leon Hall.

You must have forgotten that Carpenter broke his ankle the very 1st play on defense.

Enough with excuses my god i bet it was the winds fault that the ball carried right into Anthonys hands at the end of the game and it was the turfs fault that Michigans defense wasnt faster and the football field wasnt wide enough for Henne to make sideline passes and the sun was too bright for Michigan players to see.

Archived