Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michigan Vs Ohio State

PORTIS573

im an OSU fan so im pretty sure OSU will win. Who can stop Teddy and Anthony in Columbus?

It will be tough, no doubt, Smith is dman good. Michigan's defense may be up to it. 40 yards per game allowed rushing ain't much, and if you HAVE to pass, mistakes are possible.

I agree that whether Manningham can play is going to be huge.

It will be tough, no doubt, Smith is dman good. Michigan's defense may be up to it. 40 yards per game allowed rushing ain't much, and if you HAVE to pass, mistakes are possible.

I agree that whether Manningham can play is going to be huge.

While Michigan is the #1 team in the country against the run, Ohio State managed to do pretty well against the #2 defense (Texas). Pittman had 74 yds on 16 carries. Not earth-shattering, but enough to keep the defense honest.

I doubt Ohio State will line-up and try to play smashmouth against Michigan, not against that front 4. Michigan is currently 73rd against the pass. Some of that is attributed to the fact they have led against most their competetion leading to more pass attempts(Their yds per attempt is very good at 5.66), but I think they are susceptible to the pass.

People keep harping about Michigan's front 7, but the key will be Michigan's back 6. Ohio State will use 4 and 5 WR sets, how will Michigan choose to cover them? Iowa tried keeping their LB's on the field, that didn't work too well. I doubt if Michigan does the same thing. Prescott Burgess is fast, but he is not Anthony Gonzalez fast. If I'm Ohio State I'm going to test the nickel and dime DB's by going multiple wide outs to start out the game. Attack the weakness.

The only team out there that can beat Ohio State is Ohio State.

As much as I'd like to believe you are correct, I remember the Bucs with Orlando Pace, Eddie George, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn... truly a juggernaut, truly unstoppable. Cruising their way to a national championship.

Then they lose to a crappy Michigan team. I still remember Biakabatuka making the OSU run defense look like little boys.

So I'll go into this game thinking very much that Michigan can win... because they can.

There is just too much between these teams... anything can happen.

As much as I'd like to believe you are correct, I remember the Bucs with Orlando Pace, Eddie George, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn... truly a juggernaut, truly unstoppable. Cruising their way to a national championship.

Then they lose to a crappy Michigan team. I still remember Biakabatuka making the OSU run defense look like little boys.

So I'll go into this game thinking very much that Michigan can win... because they can.

There is just too much between these teams... anything can happen.

That is true, it is the Big Ten.

How does the original poster give OSU the nod for running backs.

You have heard of this cat named Mike Hart, right?

But I agree with the rest of those. In any case, if Manningham is back and healthy, I think Michigan can win somewhat convincingly (10 pts.)

But I agree with the rest of those. In any case, if Manningham is back and healthy, I think Michigan can win somewhat convincingly (10 pts.)

Mike Hart is a workhorse, I'll give him that. I would worry about the # of carries he's gotten this season. I believe he is leading the nation with 214 carries(almost 27 a game). He is only avg. 4.8 ypc, which is not that great by college standards. Antonio Pittman by comparison is avg. 5.5 ypc with 72 less carries. Having Chris Wells(and to an extent Mo Wells) lessen the load gives OSU the edge in RB's IMO. Ohio State has stopped Mike Hart before, and I'm confident they will stop him again. 9 carries for 15 yards last year, 18 carries for 63 yards the year before.

As far as a ten point win in Columbus, good luck with that. This is the Game, and anything can happen. However, Troy Smith is still the best player in the country and I don't see him losing in college again.

21/2 = Troy's TD/Int ratio this year. That is just absurd. His career ratio isn't too shabby either (45/9).

I think it all comes down to what mentality they're going to go in there with and if Mario is healthy (of course.)

They are now headed into that OSU under Cooper territory but if they play with the right attitude, they can go in there and take it.

10 points isn't that amazing, it only really means they 'win' and add a FG and make an extra stop.

They are both going to be unbeaten going into November 18th heres who i think is better in areas

QB-OSU

RBS-OSU

WRS-OSU

O LINE-TOSS UP

D LINE -MICH

SECONDARY-MICH

LBS-OSU

I have osu winning 24-17 right now how do u see this playing out?

As a lifelong Michigan fan (who happens to live in Columbus) let me say that you could not be more wrong in your RB assessment. Hart gets the nod over Pittman and it's not even close. And as for backups.....Grady and Minor any day of the week.

WRs: Don't buy into the Ginn hype. He is a track-star, not a football player. Look at some game film. If you hit him early (ala Penn State and Michigan) he gets the old Todd Pinkston arms and his day is done. Gonzalez is by far their best WR. As for an entire group.....with a healthy Manningham, I give the nod to UM because Breaston is a playmaker and Arrington is a physical specimen (He reminds me ALOT of Boldin)....just strong as an ox.

Henne scares me -- he sometimes makes me scratch my head and wonder what the hell he was thinking.

UM's defense is ridiculous. Reminds me of '97 when we were pissed if people got across midfield.

As long as Henne doesn't turn the ball over, and Carr doesn't go ultra-conservative....Michigan rolls.

27 - 17 U of M

Those OSU kool-aid drinkers who think Ginn will be the best player on the field had better not forget about this man. OSU gets the edge at RB? Anyway :laugh:

40003203_0430679e5a_o.jpg

I think it's still too early to say that both teams will be undefeated coming into this game.

with the way both have played, it seems pretty likely. I mean, I hope one of them can lose, preferrably Michigan, so Auburn may jump up (if they can win out). Then Michigan beating OSU in their matchup would help out as well.

In this case though, I think Michigan will win out and beat OSU. Michigan has had some close games and they have pulled through.

I also question the push for O-Line. ANYTIME Michigan has a line made up entirely of seniors they are most likely the best in any matchup.

how'd zoony become an osu fan?

and how is a guy rocking a UNC sig a michigan fan?

I used to live in Columbus... I've been an OSU fan since aroune '96.

I don't really give much of a **** about college football, but when I do pay attention, I pull for OSU & TN

Archived