Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Colts

Art

Great insight on Archuletta. I think the defense played a heck of a first half and talent just caught up with them in the second. I did not expect them to go to Indy and win on the road. It would have been easier to accept if they had beat the Vikes and Titans at home. 2-5 is a tough pill to swallow but we have been there before. I don't blame Brunell but it might be time to see if Campbell really is the future or if we need to look at prospects for next year.

WHEN WE WERE WINNING IN THE SUPERBOWL YEARS WE HAD AWESOME TIGHT ENDS WHO COULD CATCH AND BLOCK FOR OUR RUNNING BACKS,WHERE THE HELL IS OUR TIGHT ENDS ,REMEMBER DONN WARREN AND CLINT DIDIER,ALSO IT WAS A MISTAKE TO TRADE LAVAR ARRINGTON,HE WAS A LOT LIKE LAWRENCE TAYLOR RUNNING DOWN THE LINE MAKING BIG PLAYS,ALSO THERE IS NO PRESSURE ON OPPOSING TEAM QUARTER BACKS.ALSO OUR SECONDARY IS GIVING UP BIG PLAYS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PRESSURE FROM OUR DEFENSIVE LINE AND NOT ENOUGH BLITZING AT THE RIGHTTIME.OUR DEFENSIVE LINE IS A PROBLEM.THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT LIKE THE DEFENSE OF LAST SEASON.ALSO BRUNELL IS A SHORT PASSER AND NOT A DEEP BALL GUY AND ITS A SHAME ,YOU CAN SEE OUR GUYS ARE OPEN BUT HE CANT SEEM TO THROW LONG AND IT MUST BE FRUSTRATING TO OUR WIDE RECIEVERS,SANTANA MUST BE FRUSTRATED,SAME WITH BRANDON.WHAT IS THIS TEAM GOING TO DO.FIRST THING IS THEY BETTER BEAT DALLAS OR ITS OVER FOR US,THIS A MUST WIN GAME

:dallasuck

anytime, i have alot of dowloaded photos of Chris and your right about Larry Brown....how quick everyone forgets how much heart and toughness he had, hes a hall of Famer in my book as well.....stats are never the entire story...about a dominant player...Larry was all heart!

Lets hope Gibbs makes some moves, during the bye week...and gets us back on track...there is still time......plenty of time left

WHEN WE WERE WINNING IN THE SUPERBOWL YEARS WE HAD AWESOME TIGHT ENDS WHO COULD CATCH AND BLOCK FOR OUR RUNNING BACKS,WHERE THE HELL IS OUR TIGHT ENDS ,REMEMBER DONN WARREN AND CLINT DIDIER,ALSO IT WAS A MISTAKE TO TRADE LAVAR ARRINGTON,HE WAS A LOT LIKE LAWRENCE TAYLOR RUNNING DOWN THE LINE MAKING BIG PLAYS,ALSO THERE IS NO PRESSURE ON OPPOSING TEAM QUARTER BACKS.ALSO OUR SECONDARY IS GIVING UP BIG PLAYS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PRESSURE FROM OUR DEFENSIVE LINE AND NOT ENOUGH BLITZING AT THE RIGHTTIME.OUR DEFENSIVE LINE IS A PROBLEM.THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT LIKE THE DEFENSE OF LAST SEASON.ALSO BRUNELL IS A SHORT PASSER AND NOT A DEEP BALL GUY AND ITS A SHAME ,YOU CAN SEE OUR GUYS ARE OPEN BUT HE CANT SEEM TO THROW LONG AND IT MUST BE FRUSTRATING TO OUR WIDE RECIEVERS,SANTANA MUST BE FRUSTRATED,SAME WITH BRANDON.WHAT IS THIS TEAM GOING TO DO.FIRST THING IS THEY BETTER BEAT DALLAS OR ITS OVER FOR US,THIS A MUST WIN GAME

Never traded Arrington , but okay. At least Brunell spread the ball around. Saunders was holding him up with those stupid screen passes.

I, as well as many others, posted in Blondies "blogs"; do I regret what I posted, no. Do I regret being a Redskin fan, no. Will I wear my B&G proudly, yes.

I saw the other team, you may say the other QB has a lasar rocket arm, I say he has good receivers that "got the break". But that isn't what you want to hear.

I went through many Coaches with this team, growth, implosion, growth, implosion - and I must say, the fan base has alot to do with how the team feels about themselves. Egos checked, on both sides, FANS make the difference with this team, I plan on being a fan for the rest of my life (check the age), I was before the age of internet and ES boards, I live in Kansas and I have one thing to say---------------

The Redskins ROCK

KC isn't the only team ---------by the way they are a Missouri team, NOT Kansas

And --------------The Cowboys SUCK...................

Any questions?

Hail to the Redskins.....................and Thank you Coach Gibbs, you didn't really need "us" to turn on you-

I dont think inserting a rookie at this point will serve any purpose...leave Brunnell in there...and finish it out, the team needs to win games, and putting Campbell in there now is not the answer to beating the Giants, and the Cowboys, or Eagles....I know it does not appear that Brunnel can, but a rookie will NOT get it done

Let's hope so...Gibbs is usually good at adjusting....he has lot's of talent to work with but I do not know what's going on with the defense especially with the LB's and DB's) nor what we are doing wrong in 2nd halfs of games...we have to come out in the 2nd half on FIRE

also did you know that Larry could not hear out of one ear and still had a hell of a career?

I dont think inserting a rookie at this point will serve any purpose...leave Brunnell in there...and finish it out, the team needs to win games, and putting Campbell in there now is not the answer to beating the Giants, and the Cowboys, or Eagles....I know it does not appear that Brunnel can, but a rookie will NOT get it done

Campbell is not a roookie he has been in the league for over 2 years...I do not suggest Campbell though...I would at least try Todd Collings, at least, he does know Saunders' offense and he looked alright in the pre-season

Yes, i do remember that Larry had some type of hearing problem, I think, but not certain, that it was Lombardi that discovered it, but im not 100% sure....

Im not a firm believer in rookies, ... and in my mind anyone who hasnt played a down in an NFL game is still a rookie for all intents and purposes, take over a starting QB job, when there is still a chance for the playoffs.... we still have 9 games left....but, your other option id be more apt to agree with....if Mark doesnt get it going...

I trust Gibbs the coach. Am not sure about Gibbs the GM or Cerrato or whoever is making the off season moves. Getting to the QB situation. I think if Gibbs thought that Redskins genuinely couldn't compete for the rest of the season, he would start Campbell. I also think if he thought Campbell can play at the level of a Young or Leinart, etc he'd be more inclined to start him. Who knows really how ready Campbell is, we aren't seeing what happens in practice. but personally my best guess is that his reasons for keeping with Brunnel run deeper than loyalty -- my guess is he thinks perhaps if Campbell was thrown to the wolves right now, he would play poorly and send people covering the franchise into a panic. Although a lot of Redskins fans say that we'd take our lumps with Campbell -- I seriously doubt that if he played and was a disaster many of us would say well give him time -- I think a lot of us would be saying he's not as good as Leinart, Young, etc they can do it why can't Campbell, we made a mistake, etc. To me though Brunell isn't the main problem -- its the defense and if we don't fix it soon we are dead. I wonder who in the Redskins hierarchy made the decision not to resign Antonio Pierce -- we lost arguably the heart of our defense and even worse gave the Giants their leader on defense

PLAY CALLING IS A PROBLEM ON OFFENSE, AND JOE GIBBS NEEDS TO CALL SOME PLAYS WE NEED HELP HERE JOE WHATS GOING ON WITH YOU .WE NEED A WIN AND WE NEED JOE GIBBS HELP, ALSO PLEASE RUN THE BALL USEING PORTIS AND BETTS TOGETHER ,START BOUNDING THE BALL WE HAVE THE GUYS TO DO THIS AND WE DIDNT GET IT DONE AGAIN THIS WEEK.THEY HAD A FEW GREAT RUNS FROM BOTH BETTS AND PORTIS ,BUT NOT ENOUGH RUNNING AGAINST THE COLTS WHO ARE HORRIBLE AGAINST THE RUN.GIVE CREDIT TO THE COLTS THEY ARE GOOD. WE WANT DALLAS ,WE WANT DALLAS

Several points I would like to make:

1) it looked like Gibbs, Williams and Saunders got out-coached. Dungy and Moore made the halftime adjustments: we did not.

2) Can anyone tell me how many plays Vincent played? It looked like he played a lot at safety. Did that mean Archuleta was benched; or did it mean we played 4 DL, 2 LB and 5 DBs (2 corners and 3 safetys)?

3) I saw McIntosh got run over several plays. If he is our future, the future looks very bad right now.

4) what an insult to Duckett. We lost a third round pick, and he is going to walk after this season.

5) for some reason Gibbs will not play Campbell. Does that mean that Gibbs realizes he made a mistake in trading up for Campbell? Was this another "Desmond Howard" pick by Gibbs?

6) we have no decent draft choices in 2007.

7) Future looks very dim right now.

8) 11/5 at FedEx will be ugly.

:(

LMAO

LMAO2

Fought his guts out against a prevent defense throwing 3 yard passes, and showed that Saunders scheme can WORK. Unfortunately, 3 yard passes don't work for the first 3 quarters while the other team is stacking up points.

This east/west offense is a derivative of the west coast offense, isn't it impressive? Look, Trent Green lead this offense to first and second in the league with receivers NOBODY knows. Hand the keys to someone with some athleticism and let's get our season started.

Hail Skins

-- its the defense and if we don't fix it soon we are dead. I wonder who in the Redskins hierarchy made the decision not to resign Antonio Pierce -- we lost arguably the heart of our defense and even worse gave the Giants their leader on defense

I sure miss Smoot and Bailey right now aswell!

The skins have so much talent on both sides of the ball. Yes it maybe tough on defense because off all of the injuries on d-fense. The offense is having trouble adjusting to Saunders offense, So what do we do now? Now that we are 2-5,Play Campbell,Brunell is not the answer, the recievers are getting upste with his bull**** ass throws, We have to start building on next year, there is no way we are going to beat those teams after the bye unless we do something drastic.

Here's what I see:

The defense is a disasterous siv and is beyond help this season. They can't cover receivers, they couldn't pass rush an 80 year old grandmother, and now they can't stop the run. Why do they even bother taking the field?

The offense isn't much better and it starts with Brunell. When he isn't fumbling the ball, getting sacked, or scrambling out of the pocket just so he can throw the ball away, the rest of the team is committing drive killing penalties.

Gibbs has both lost his balls and his sanity. Who in their right mind decides to attempt a FG in the 4th quarter when your team is down by 19 points? How can he even explain that decision?

The only chance this team has of even salvaging any of the rest of this season is to start JC. The defense is so bad, they will probably give up 30+ points every game from here out, so the only chance they have of winning is to outscore the opponenet. Their goal should be to score 35-40 points per game, and the only way they can do that is by getting their very explosive but currently under-utilized receivers more involved in the game. To accomplish this will take a QB who can throw the deep ball, and that ain't Brunell.

I also think Gibbs is done after this season. He will either resign or he'll get his walking papers. I love Gibbs and he was once one of the greatest coaches ever, but he's clearly not that anymore.

Yes, i do remember that Larry had some type of hearing problem, I think, but not certain, that it was Lombardi that discovered it, but im not 100% sure....

Im not a firm believer in rookies, ... and in my mind anyone who hasnt played a down in an NFL game is still a rookie for all intents and purposes, take over a starting QB job, when there is still a chance for the playoffs.... we still have 9 games left....but, your other option id be more apt to agree with....if Mark doesnt get it going...

Yes Lombardi did, in fact, discover it...I have the book

I WOULD like to see Collins play Brunell (Who I think does alright for his age) can not win....I think that if we keep degressing that Campbell should be allowed to play...but...I do not think that our season is over yet...by far

If Brunell is the starter after the bye-week I swear I'm going to burn my Patrick Ramsey, Champ Bailey AND Jeramiah Trotter Jerseys!!!!!!

:evil:

Man, we suck *****!!!!!

That's what the brilliant Danny wants.. Burn your jerseys of the use2be's and go spend your hard earned money on the future Ex's. LOL

WE DO SUCK.. Get used to it.

Archived