Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Colts

Art

I still love Coach.

but the problems ARE coming from the coaches.

AA get's beat.... looks lost.... The coaches approved the pick-up.

Ryan Clark.... gone. coaches allowed him to leave and OVERPAID AA (now we're stuck with Juwan Howard, I mean AA)

TJ Duckett.... gave away a 3rd round pick.... he's suited up, what 2/ 3 games???? played 2 plays today... LATE in the 4th qtr????

starting Warrick Holdman????? gets beat every play. for 3 seasons?????

A Carter?????

change of entire offense?????????

little to no deep pass routes???????????? wr's aren't even running farther than 15 yds?????????

o-line getting beat..... all across the board????? both tackles are frequently looking at the play.... instead of blocking?

penalties?????????

We can't blame LaVar for being out of position?????

as I said.... I love Coach....

but, Things are what the are.

Why do we throw screen passes when we are down by three scores?

Also did anybody else notice on third down and 7, 8, or 9 we throw it 2 or 3 yards everytime.

I am sooooo convinced this is a product of bad play calling. It is not even a question.

Bad play calling and defense every single week

Those passes and the draw work well when you do it once in a while during third down. But we do it all the time! I just don't know...

Face it this team is no where close to as good as everyone thought. Injuries have killed them. Kenny Wright for Walt Harris is definitely a downgrade. I would say the same for Adam Archuleta for Ryan Clark. C. Griff has been banged up all year, and the defense lacks without him clogging up the middle. It also goes to show you that scraping your top picks doesn't work in the modern salary cap age. The Redskins of old could afford to scrap picks because they had unlimited money to sign free agents. Gems can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and they routinely give those up as well. I only hope they play for the future and let Campbell play. We need to see if we need to sign another QB for next year. It would be nice to fill up our other glaring holes instead. This isn't 3-13 Richie Petibon bad, but it is pretty bad none the less.

Season isn't over yet your assuming they can win 2 more games to be better then 3-13. I submit I have seen nothing this season that leads me to beleive they can win even 1 more.

I still love Coach.

but the problems ARE coming from the coaches.

AA get's beat.... looks lost.... The coaches approved the pick-up.

Ryan Clark.... gone. coaches allowed him to leave and OVERPAID AA (now we're stuck with Juwan Howard, I mean AA)

TJ Duckett.... gave away a 3rd round pick.... he's suited up, what 2/ 3 games???? played 2 plays today... LATE in the 4th qtr????

starting Warrick Holdman????? gets beat every play. for 3 seasons?????

A Carter?????

change of entire offense?????????

little to no deep pass routes???????????? wr's aren't even running farther than 15 yds?????????

o-line getting beat..... all across the board????? both tackles are frequently looking at the play.... instead of blocking?

penalties?????????

We can't blame LaVar for being out of position?????

as I said.... I love Coach....

but, Things are what the are.

I couldn't agree more!

The first thing I can say is I will always trust Joe Gibbs.....if you don't, then I think you are really crazy.....A HOF Head Coach MUST have the trust from his owner to his players to his fans.....if not, then there is something wrong with those people.....

Let's go back to the last 8 Seasons, including this dreaded one.....and let's compare our Offensive Philosophies and Records, shall we?.....:

1999 - 10-6 (1-1 Playoffs) - Turner - Not Finesse

2000 - 8-8 - Turner (Robiskie) - Not Finesse

2001 - 8-8 - Schottenheimer - Not Finesse

2002 - 7-9 - Spurrier - Finesse

2003 - 5-11 - Spurrier - Finesse

2004 - 6-10 - Gibbs - Not Finesse

2005 - 10-6 (1-1 Playoffs) - Gibbs - Not Finesse

2006 - 2-5 - Saunders - Finesse

Clearly, you can tell that with the exception of '04, when we are a non-finesse offensive strategy, we are .500 or better.....8-8 is not satisfying material, but I would take that over 5-11, 6-10, or a 2-5 start like this season!.....I don't know how Saunders did so well at KC with this offense, but I have a feeling he's trying to do too much here.....this offense is too inconsistent and does not look explosive at all.....Running the ball down teams' throats and then hitting them deep with the PA seems simple, but when does it work? Virtually all the time.....that's my general take on the offense

Defensively, we are banged up pretty bad and continue to play 3rd string guys, which is nothing anyone can control and is very unfortunate.....I think if this unit can get healthy 100% AND stay healthy, then this defense will be the same as previous Gregg Williams's Defenses.....

Special Teams is finally starting to come around, although they have never been horrible.....Randle El's return today was great and Rock is solid on Kick Returns.....the coverages on Kicks and Punts are solid.....I also think having Novak at PK is hurting us badly.....Hall seems like he will never be 100% again and Novak is just not NFL material IMO.....this is a position which is very crucial, yet we have done nothing to address it.....trading for a PK would be stupid, so I say address this in the offseason.....I'd draft a PK, so we have fresh leg in there.....most of the PK's in FA will be washed up or consistently hurt.....as far as Punter goes, Frost is just fine, but he needs to keep his damn helmet on!.....

So what does all this mean? I'm not too sure.....I'd hate to let Saunders go, especially if Gibbs believes in this guy and knows his offense will work, but winning needs to happen now, not in five years!.....

This Franchise has been up and down for far too long.....it's time that the Redskins find themselves and establish themselves as a consistent Winner!.....The last time we had that identity to the media was Gibbs' first tenure from '81 to '92.....that is exactly why I BELIEVE IN JOE GIBBS!!!

GO SKINS!!!

I have been a Redskins fan for over 30 years. I have always stood by them even during Norv Turners 2-14 first season. That said this team is so bad, I don't even watch the games anymore. I refuse to waste 3 1/2 hours when I can see the final score on the web and read this weeks excuses. With the situation in the front office it is not going to get any better any time soon. The front office gave out huge contracts for players that were not very good with their former teams and replaced a linebacker deemed terrible with the guy he beat out. You can have a 100 million dollar coaching staff but if you have sub par players 2-5 is what you get.

The first thing I can say is I will always trust Joe Gibbs.....if you don't, then I think you are really crazy.....A HOF Head Coach MUST have the trust from his owner to his players to his fans.....if not, then there is something wrong with those people.....

Let's go back to the last 8 Seasons, including this dreaded one.....and let's compare our Offensive Philosophies and Records, shall we?.....:

1999 - 10-6 (1-1 Playoffs) - Turner - Not Finesse

2000 - 8-8 - Turner (Robiskie) - Not Finesse

2001 - 8-8 - Schottenheimer - Not Finesse

2002 - 7-9 - Spurrier - Finesse

2003 - 5-11 - Spurrier - Finesse

2004 - 6-10 - Gibbs - Not Finesse

2005 - 10-6 (1-1 Playoffs) - Gibbs - Not Finesse

2006 - 2-5 - Saunders - Finesse

Clearly, you can tell that with the exception of '04, when we are a non-finesse offensive strategy, we are .500 or better.....8-8 is not satisfying material, but I would take that over 5-11, 6-10, or a 2-5 start like this season!.....I don't know how Saunders did so well at KC with this offense, but I have a feeling he's trying to do too much here.....this offense is too inconsistent and does not look explosive at all.....Running the ball down teams' throats and then hitting them deep with the PA seems simple, but when does it work? Virtually all the time.....that's my general take on the offense

Defensively, we are banged up pretty bad and continue to play 3rd string guys, which is nothing anyone can control and is very unfortunate.....I think if this unit can get healthy 100% AND stay healthy, then this defense will be the same as previous Gregg Williams's Defenses.....

Special Teams is finally starting to come around, although they have never been horrible.....Randle El's return today was great and Rock is solid on Kick Returns.....the coverages on Kicks and Punts are solid.....I also think having Novak at PK is hurting us badly.....Hall seems like he will never be 100% again and Novak is just not NFL material IMO.....this is a position which is very crucial, yet we have done nothing to address it.....trading for a PK would be stupid, so I say address this in the offseason.....I'd draft a PK, so we have fresh leg in there.....most of the PK's in FA will be washed up or consistently hurt.....as far as Punter goes, Frost is just fine, but he needs to keep his damn helmet on!.....

So what does all this mean? I'm not too sure.....I'd hate to let Saunders go, especially if Gibbs believes in this guy and knows his offense will work, but winning needs to happen now, not in five years!.....

This Franchise has been up and down for far too long.....it's time that the Redskins find themselves and establish themselves as a consistent Winner!.....The last time we had that identity to the media was Gibbs' first tenure from '81 to '92.....that is exactly why I BELIEVE IN JOE GIBBS!!!

GO SKINS!!!

I agree the Skins do suck worse then the suckiest sucks that ever sucked.

right now I believe that Saunders playbook is nothing more than 500 different ways to run a screen pass.

That about sums it up.

They need to do something. Either Saunders is calling that **** or Brunell sucks for checking down to 2-3 yard screens on every play. The only reason I give Brunell the benefit of the doubt is because Brunell isn't the one designing where the RBs are running but they are running sweeps on 75% of the run plays against a wuss defense that we could and should pound.

Thats all on Saunders for the 3rd week in a row.

Here is the place to cry away the tears, or, well, cheer about our win. For the record, there's no way we lose this game. We're banged up and can't quite find ourselves, this is all true. Brunell suffers when his feet or legs hurt, this is all true. But, none of it matters. Just like I had a feel for the Norv Turner years, this team has developed a feel. It always responds in games like this, when it has sucked it up, people are writing it off and suddenly, the rise up and bite ya.

I'd put money on it and you can tell me how much I'd have won after the game when someone opens this up for chatter.

You are right the Skins do suck, wow they suck. I think we should change the team logo to a hapless goat getting kicked in the face by a donkey.

That about sums it up.

They need to do something. Either Saunders is calling that **** or Brunell sucks for checking down to 2-3 yard screens on every play. The only reason I give Brunell the benefit of the doubt is because Brunell isn't the one designing where the RBs are running but they are running sweeps on 75% of the run plays against a wuss defense that we could and should pound.

Thats all on Saunders for the 3rd week in a row.

Someone should tell Saunders that we are 2-5 he keeps calling the same plays week after week after miserable week. It is almost like he thinks we are winning so he shouldn't change anything. Seriously what have they done differently since the pumeling began, nothing.....................

Someone should tell Saunders that we are 2-5 he keeps calling the same plays week after week after miserable week. It is almost like he thinks we are winning so he shouldn't change anything. Seriously what have they done differently since the pumeling began, nothing.....................

Mitchell made a comment about that on the post game show. Opposing D's know what's coming, so they just have to guess at what point the screen, or the CP run to the outside is going to come.

Archived