Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Colts

Art

:rolleyes: because im sure throughout the point of this game you never felt one of these feelings :rolleyes:

exactly... 15 freakin years since our last championship. 2 playoff appearences... an owner that milks every last effing penny out of the fans, yet year after year puts a flat out horrible product on the field.

be as mad at me for being pissed off at this team as you want. be mad at the fact that i'm living in Charlotte, NC with a team that year after year makes positive moves and TRANSLATES IT ONTO THE FIELD, and that I'm considering maybe giving them a shot. I mean hell, I can buy REASONABLY PRICED SEASON TICKETS here...not pay 8 million dollars to park and still have to take a shuttle to the stadium...

i havent given up all hope...but something needs to change...and soon... or else I may just grow tired of dealing with the Skins BS

I've had it.

For all you...

"Gibbs needs to be fired"

"bench Brunell at halftime with a lead"

"Snyder screwed us"

"fire Al Saunders"

"Gregg williams was a terrible head coach and a bad assistant"

"put randle el at QB"

"Portis is a wuss"

"hire Charlie Weis"

...fans....get the hell out of here. Seriously. Burn your jerseys and never speak of the Redskins again. Go be a Giants fan. PLEASE don't root for this team any longer. You are embarassing, and I am ashamed to be lumped into the same fan base as you. Seriously. I am as ashamed of this fanbase as I am of the team, if not MORESO.

Good GOD have an opinion, thats fine, but if your knee jerk reaction BS answer is so far-fetched that you find yourself uttering the above statements....please, for all of our sakes, just leave and never come back. YOU are the reason these losses are so hard to take....you guys just dont get it.

I'll leave you with one piece of information.

THIS TEAM IS TO BLAME AS A WHOLE. FROM THE COACHES ON DOWN WE ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS THEN YOU WILL FIT RIGHT IN WITH A MULTITUDE OF NFL FAN BASES...GO BE A CARDINALS FAN, THEY COULD USE SOME.

Thank you, that is all. I hope this thread hits 100, 1000, 10,000 fairweather fans on their ass on their way off the bandwagon.

Feel better?

Any fans still HERE aren't going anywhere, all the weak-willed fans have already left long ago, especially after the loss to the Titans last week. Yep, everyone still here has shown that he/she is still passionate about the team, but is so desperate to see them win that they'll say almost anything. It's a venting process I suppose.

I had this team picked to lose against Indy, although I was praying for the contrary. Their real test is against Dallas at home, because if they don't win then I fear a major shake-up in the team. It won't be caused by Gibbs, I think Snyder will have had it and he'll throw a tantrum like he tends to do.

After this bye week, our game against Dallas will decide our season.

What are you talking about?? We have kept our core guys and are coaches..

The one thing I will agree with is that if they were going to change the offense they should have done it earlier. Not add Saunders in year 3 of Gibbs 5yr plan.

We have changed coaching staffs almost every other season.(see above message) Turner, Shottenheimer,Robiskie,Spurrier,Gibbs.

Core players we've let go: Stephen Davis, Brad Johnson, Levar Arrington, Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Rod Gardner, Jeremiah Trotter and those are the guys I can name off the top of my head. No telling how many other guys got let go cause they didn't "fit" the new regime.

I have been a Washington Redskins fan since the era of the " Over The Hill Gang" of George Allen.... and i still think there is enough games left for Coach Gibbs to right the ship and get us going...

i do want to mention this about Adam Archuleta, because i have followed him closley since he was drafted by the Rams and made a name for himself as a hard hitting run stopper.

There is definatley something different in the game Archuleta is playing now as compared to the one he played as a Ram. I know it is a different defense, but that s not where the difference is, he is not wrapping up on his tackles, he is always trying to tackle by using his shoulder, and not wrapping people up. He used to wrap people up, and hit people helmet to helmet often , he is not playing that way for us. Something is wrong, maybe it was his back injury, maybe it was his concussions, but he is not getting solid hits like he did when he was a Ram.

He is dropping his head, and missing tackles, using his shoulder, and this is NOT the way he tackled as a Ram....it almost makes you wonder if the Rams saw something in him last season that would indicate that.

It is a shame, because when he was healthy, and when he played for the Rams, he was a big time playmaker, who made big time plays, causing fumbles, and taking the ball away, stopping the run, and preassuring quarterbacks...

noone ever said he was Kenny Houston by a longshot , but he definatley was a better player with the Rams, than he has shown with us....makes me think he is not 100%

One more thing about our defense with respect to the pass. As my all time favorite Head Coach George Allen used to say " THE BEST DEFENSE AGAINST THE PASS IS THE PASS RUSH " and the 2006 Redskins do not have a pass rush .....

I just had to add the pictures of my All-Time Favorite Redskin, Chris Hanburger, 9x Pro- Bowler, who should be in the Hall-of-Fame....it makes me feel better as a redskin fan thinking back to the days when we had linebackers who made big, game changing plays ..... actually...i think it was 1978....when Chris retired

Ha. Maybe so. ;)

As long as I do not read the following headline in the Post: Steve Spurrier to return to Skins. (Or Bill Walsh, George Seifert or Tom Flores)

That happens I think we as fans have a right to riot against Snyder...and I will be more than happy to supply the torches and pitch-forks for the crowd.

Dan Synder, money hungry, maybe a little retarded, changing the name of the stadium before the ink on the paper was even dry to make money for himself and forgeti. ng one of the best owners the leauge and fans had ever known. Change the name back!!!! RIP Jack Kent Cook:dallasuck
See, I told you. I had the same thread last week.

I bet the old man is up there right now with that martini and a big ole stoggy, looking down laughing. Sayin' "take that B*****s". Better change it back.

Unfortunately for you you do not have the power or influence to make your wish become a reality. If you do not want to see or read that stuff then log out and never come back...that is what YOU can control

Thanks for the advice dbag. Hopefully these fans will be called out for what they are, realize it, get a little encouragement, and just leave. I'm not the one shouting for Snyder to sell the team to Al Davis or whatever else ridiculous BS spurts from these simpletons.

We have four players invested in Jason Campbell and he has not thrown one pass in his NFL career. What could we have done with those four picks? We pay players from other teams, yet we will not pay our own players(AP, Smoot, Ryan, Baily, etc.) We give up a third round pick for TJ and how many carries does he have? We gave up how many picks for Lloyd? What could all of those players(draft picks) have done for us now? We will never know. With the most expensive ticket in the NFL why am I still a season ticket holder? I love you Joe Gibbs, but you are in no way a NFL GM and have made poor decisions that will cost this franchise for the next five years. Try to save our draft picks going forward and hire the best GM you can find. We are now one game better than the Raiders!

Uh, did you see the way the Raiders played today? We're worse than the Raiders, my friend.

for us DB stands for "damned bums"...I have been a Redskins fan for 34 years and have seen great Redskins Db's from Pat Fischer, to, Mike Bass, to Ken Houston,to Darryl Green, to Champ Baily so I am in, NO way used to this kind of crap we are nowhere near the receivers...Sean Taylor needs to be a linebacker instead of a safety, he hits hard but he is always out of position...I do not know what Archuleta is doing out there but it is nothing good...LAWD and Kenny "Toast" Wright, I am a 42 year old ex-high school 2nd string receiver but I think that if he were to gaurd me today I can even impress some pro scouts...not to mention Mike Rumph...on that one play he did not know whether to shyt or go blind ( so he farted and crossed on eyed)...DUDE was SO burned

What do you expect him to say? He will never, ever be a parcells or a coughlin - he will never, ever throw his players under the bus - at the very minimum you can expect consistency from JG ... while in the face of losing and being a bad team, there is still comfort in that to some degree ...

Parcells and Coughlin: A couple of guys who have already handed Joe his ***** once this season and will probably do it again.

since that's worked out SO WELL for us the past three years :doh:

i won't dispute that. but who have we drafted? taylor, and uhhh....

campbell might end up being a good pick, but who knows? if we didn't draft him who's to say we wouldn't have gone for mcnair or brees last offseason?

so keep a first or second rounder and trade the rest away. we got lloyd for a couple later draft picks and he would be a good player if someone would pass him the ball.

This team owes us more than they've given us

That doesn't make me a fairweather fan

I agree ...we are not fair weather fans...I...like most people here love the 'Skins through good bad BUTTHAT was one of the worst 2nd halfs that I ever saw them play...but I was still hoping with 4 minutes to play...we do have a right to vent though

Wish the game the team back to the Cooke family.

Dan hasn't done much for the Skins as long as he has been the owner. He has alienated several top coaches with his antics.

Hey! Norv looks like a genius when compared to Al.

I've had it.

For all you...

"Gibbs needs to be fired"

"bench Brunell at halftime with a lead"

"Snyder screwed us"

"fire Al Saunders"

"Gregg williams was a terrible head coach and a bad assistant"

"put randle el at QB"

"Portis is a wuss"

"hire Charlie Weis"

...fans....get the hell out of here. Seriously. Burn your jerseys and never speak of the Redskins again. Go be a Giants fan. PLEASE don't root for this team any longer. You are embarassing, and I am ashamed to be lumped into the same fan base as you. Seriously. I am as ashamed of this fanbase as I am of the team, if not MORESO.

Good GOD have an opinion, thats fine, but if your knee jerk reaction BS answer is so far-fetched that you find yourself uttering the above statements....please, for all of our sakes, just leave and never come back. YOU are the reason these losses are so hard to take....you guys just dont get it.

I'll leave you with one piece of information.

THIS TEAM IS TO BLAME AS A WHOLE. FROM THE COACHES ON DOWN WE ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS THEN YOU WILL FIT RIGHT IN WITH A MULTITUDE OF NFL FAN BASES...GO BE A CARDINALS FAN, THEY COULD USE SOME.

Thank you, that is all. I hope this thread hits 100, 1000, 10,000 fairweather fans on their ass on their way off the bandwagon.

Got that guys? It's okay to say we suck, but don't single anyone out as sucking. Is that you Joe?

With all of the revenue from Fed Ex field & the wealthy coaches n players. We (Skins org.) can't possibly be paying "real" money for these results from a team w/ this much caliber?

There are teams w/ damn near broke guys gettin' it done.

This is an obviously mindless thought, but damn it just seems like there's enough money around to buy 10 more people that can come here and suck as well for next year.

:doh: "Oh the pain...the pain" - Dr. Smith

I have been a Washington Redskins fan since the era of the " Over The Hill Gang" of George Allen.... and i still think there is enough games left for Coach Gibbs to right the ship and get us going...

i do want to mention this about Adam Archuleta, because i have followed him closley since he was drafted by the Rams and made a name for himself as a hard hitting run stopper.

There is definatley something different in the game Archuleta is playing now as compared to the one he played as a Ram. I know it is a different defense, but that s not where the difference is, he is not wrapping up on his tackles, he is always trying to tackle by using his shoulder, and not wrapping people up. He used to wrap people up, and hit people helmet to helmet often , he is not playing that way for us. Something is wrong, maybe it was his back injury, maybe it was his concussions, but he is not getting solid hits like he did when he was a Ram.

He is dropping his head, and missing tackles, using his shoulder, and this is NOT the way he tackled as a Ram....it almost makes you wonder if the Rams saw something in him last season that would indicate that.

It is a shame, because when he was healthy, and when he played for the Rams, he was a big time playmaker, who made big time plays, causing fumbles, and taking the ball away, stopping the run, and preassuring quarterbacks...

noone ever said he was Kenny Houston by a longshot , but he definatley was a better player with the Rams, than he has shown with us....makes me think he is not 100%

One more thing about our defense with respect to the pass. As my all time favorite Head Coach George Allen used to say " THE BEST DEFENSE AGAINST THE PASS IS THE PASS RUSH " and the 2006 Redskins do not have a pass rush .....

I just had to add the pictures of my All-Time Favorite Redskin, Chris Hanburger, 9x Pro- Bowler, who should be in the Hall-of-Fame....it makes me feel better as a redskin fan thinking back to the days when we had linebackers who made big, game changing plays ..... actually...i think it was 1978....when Chris retired

thanks for those comments..I SEE that you are, too, a true,longtime Redskins fans....I hope that you do not mind but I copy/pasted those Chris Hanburger pics to my pc because he along with Darryl, and Art are my all time favorite Redskins...let's not forget Larry Brown though

When was the last time the defense forced a turnover?

Its one thing to be swiss cheese out there against Manning, its completely something else to have not forced a turnover in at least three games. The last turnover I can remember was Jacksonville, and that was on a muffed punt when the guy was actually down.

Seriously, when was the last time?

Archived