Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Colts

Art

The question is now: HOW SERIOUS ARE THE REDSKINS ABOUT THE LONG-TERM FUTURE??

Where was Rocky McIntosh?

When is Campbell going to play?

Granted, these two players probably won't change the dynamics of the team, but can anybody not argue they are due some playing time here???

Probably because he thinks Brunell saved his life two years ago when he had a Diabetic episode - Brunell was with him and took him to the hospital ... that's the story anyway ...

you know that makes sense....joe was close to death and he made a deal with brunell...i'll stick with you till my death or removed as coach.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What I love is that 2 weeks in a row we go in to face a team with the worst run defense in the league. The Worst!!!!!!!! and we make them look like the 85 freakin Bears out their. Wow do we suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team has lost it's bein from last year,,IM a rabbit skins fan,,but all of this hype from CP arranging what the team wears on the field 2 joe gibbs,,crying to the fans,,,the team needs 2 take a good look in the mirror,,this season is over,,,throw campbell 2 the wolf's,,get rid of springs & the rest of the clows,,& get some player's that will bring that luch pail 2 work 2 make it happen for next season..

The question is now: HOW SERIOUS ARE THE REDSKINS ABOUT THE LONG-TERM FUTURE??

Where was Rocky McIntosh?

When is Campbell going to play?

Granted, these two players probably won't change the dynamics of the team, but can anybody not argue they are due some playing time here???

Rocky McIntosh played today, you didn't see him getting knocked on his ass as the Colts effortlessly ran for a first down right over him.

For a 700 page playbook it must contain 698 screens!!!

I just don't get it??? They hit Loyd on 2 slants on the opening drive and pick up good yardage but yet never go that way again?? They didn't even throw his way again. It is screen after screen!! Then you add Bonell into the equation and he throws it when there's 4 defenders right in front of the reciever with NO BLOCKERS!!!

This is getting real old real fast. If Gibbs blames it agian on having to stray from the game plan and adjust I think I might have to put my head throgh a wall!!! It's time Gibbs takes his you know what out of you know who's aruse and start the Campbell era!! I can handle losing if it's with a QB who's learning.

I think it was late in the 3rd quater when I lost it?? When Booonell looked down and watched himself get sacked!! Let me say that again. Watched himself get sacked!!! He just constantly folds under pressure.

I'm so mad I can't even type anymore.

Brunell may have had decent stats but he didn't make the plays when they really needed to be made. He's not capable of taking this team on his back and leading them to victory. Playing it safe to prevent the INT will NOT pick up the key third down conversion when we most need it.

This conservative crap allows the other team to get their offense back on the field and tear apart our wet toilet paper secondary. It also tires out the defense because they're spending more time on the field.

This offensive scheme and Mark Brunell are not a match made in heaven. More often than not the QB and the receivers are not on the same page. Sure the Defense is the main culprit when it comes to assigning blame, but a staunch D would not even come close to solving our problems.

This team has lost it's bein from last year,,IM a rabbit skins fan,,but all of this hype from CP arranging what the team wears on the field 2 joe gibbs,,crying to the fans,,,the team needs 2 take a good look in the mirror,,this season is over,,,throw campbell 2 the wolf's,,get rid of springs & the rest of the clows,,& get some player's that will bring that luch pail 2 work 2 make it happen for next season..

Your a rabbit? What the hell are you talking about?????????????????

I agree with the season being over but to hate on Springs??? Give the guy a break it's his first game back..

Today's game was another hard and bitter loss for all Redskin Fans and for a team that has so much talent the coaching staff it seems does not know how to handle the talent and use it to actually come out and win. If Brunell can only play good in the first half then maybe we should rotate the QB's, however our defense must have gotten lazy at halftime as well because they gave up some really big plays and the invisible man must have been covering Marvin Harrison because no one on defense was. Reality check is that we have two weeks to find out what kind of a team we are as right now not only are we confused but so are the commentators. Another reality check we will have to win the next nine games to have a shot at any playoff's and we have two weeks to pull our heads out of our butt and get back on track. Whatever changes they need to make on offense and defense better be good as the rest of our schedule hurts just to look at it and we will need to play for 60 minutes every game not 30 minutes like we have been for most of our games. I still am optimistic that we can pull it out and sneak through the back door. Hail Redskins!

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Face it this team is no where close to as good as everyone thought. Injuries have killed them. Kenny Wright for Walt Harris is definitely a downgrade. I would say the same for Adam Archuleta for Ryan Clark. C. Griff has been banged up all year, and the defense lacks without him clogging up the middle. It also goes to show you that scraping your top picks doesn't work in the modern salary cap age. The Redskins of old could afford to scrap picks because they had unlimited money to sign free agents. Gems can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and they routinely give those up as well. I only hope they play for the future and let Campbell play. We need to see if we need to sign another QB for next year. It would be nice to fill up our other glaring holes instead. This isn't 3-13 Richie Petibon bad, but it is pretty bad none the less.

It's early to be saying this but what the hell.....if Coach Gibbs is fired or leaves who will coach this team? Williams' star has fallen real far and Saunders I can't see him doing it.

Hey why not Parcells...he's a mercenary coach and our team is loaded with mercenairies.

If I am offending anyone I am sorry...right now I am so frustrated I am lashing out.

"What I love is that 2 weeks in a row we go in to face a team with the worst run defense in the league. The Worst!!!!!!!! and we make them look like the 85 freakin Bears out their. Wow do we suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!"

Two teams coming off a bye week...

One team that needs ten bye weeks...

Brunell may have had decent stats but he didn't make the plays when they really needed to be made. He's not capable of taking this team on his back and leading them to victory. Playing it safe to prevent the INT will NOT pick up the key third down conversion when we most need it.

This conservative crap allows the other team to get their offense back on the field and tear apart our wet toilet paper secondary. It also tires out the defense because they're spending more time on the field.

This offensive scheme and Mark Brunell are not a match made in heaven. More often than not the QB and the receivers are not on the same page. Sure the Defense is the main culprit when it comes to assigning blame, but a staunch D would not even come close to solving our problems.

What I don't understand is why is 7 games we have only attempted to throw the ball deep about 4 times. Doesn't Saunders realize that people have picked up on those useless screens and are stacking the line which is stopping not only the screens but any attempt at running the ball as well.

And why is it the only runs they attempt are those freakin draw plays. Lets get back to Redskins football and try to run a ****ing power run.

Saunders is a huge part of the problem, they need to get rid of his useless ass.:2cents:

How is Saunders a huge part of the problem..? Let’s be logical here and remember why we went and got Saunders.

Gibbs brought in Saunders for his health reasons and for the long run. I want another SB trophy just as bad as any other fan. But in no way is it worth the health of Gibbs. Let also not forget that Saunders has proven time and time again that he is a great coach.

The system will work. Probably not this year, but it will work.

I would just prefer to see JC in there for the simple fact that they are rebuilding this team and that MB will most likely not be here next year.

you have no idea what ur saying...brunell's lack of being to throw deep bring defenses up closer to the ball, then our short passes dont go for much we cant run , and it gives us to many 3rd and longs that we cant convert.....the OL is trying to pick up to many guys crowding the line due to our predictable offense..... if we get JC in there he can throw the long bal and back up defenses , giving more room for the run and short passes.... we can open up the play book.....

Probably true to a point but we aren't running the ball up the middle at all either. Everything is to the outside which isn't going to stop rushers from rushing so they bring it on every play. The few times they had someone go up the middle they went for 20-30 yards because nobody is there because Brunell isn't going to pass there anyway.

Brunell does need to pass for more than 3 yards on 3rd down though. That was really pissing me off.

Archived