Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers

Langford78

I know Carlos Rogers is injured, but I have two words for him...JON JANSEN. If Jansen could hold his own last year battling in the trenches with not one but two broken thumbs, why can't Rogers play? I mean, it's not like he was intercepting everything that was thrown his way. He could still bat balls away and break up passes with a brace/cast on.

I know Carlos Rogers is injured, but I have two words for him...JON JANSEN. If Jansen could hold his own last year battling in the trenches with not one but two broken thumbs, why can't Rogers play? I mean, it's not like he was intercepting everything that was thrown his way. He could still bat balls away and break up passes with a brace/cast on.

I was thinking the same thing. They wouldn't even have to put it in a hard cast (although they may want to). My guess is that its a pretty bad break (closer to the wrist) and they don't want to jeopardize further injury. Any doctors out there with a theory on this??

Rogers broken thumb is worse than what Jansen had.

He has to wear a hard cast with this type of injury. And, I believe, by NFL rules, he cannot play with this type of cast.

This is not a case of Rogers going to the coaching staff and saying 'I can't play... my thumb hurts too much'.

He can't play no matter what he wants to do.

Has someone here seen the x-rays? Talked to Carlos?

Speculating on the extent of an injury without knowing any of the circumstances is pretty silly, isn't it?

No I haven't seen any of his x-rays. This is stuff I've gleaned from different places.

I understand that it was a severe break, and that he HAS to wear a hard cast. That is what is keeping him out of the game.

How true is it? I don't know, but there you go.

I don't care. WHAT has Carlos Rogers done at the position all year long folks? The guy sucks!!

Spoken like a true "genius". :rolleyes:

Folks seem to forget that Rogers was a ROOKIE last year. A rookie who didn't even play all the games last season.

This is only his 2nd year. Putting the 2 years together, I don't know if Rogers has even started a full season worth of games yet.

He was thrown into a situation that he was not intended to be in. He was not intended to be the top CB taking on all the #1 WRs.

Furthermore, I don't think he has "sucked". He has had some bad plays, but give the guy a break. He is still a youngster, in NFL terms.

Furthermore, I don't think he has "sucked". He has had some bad plays, but give the guy a break. He is still a youngster, in NFL terms.

And he played very well last year, including in the playoffs. As a Rookie. As the #1 CB.

Carlos Rogers coverage stats AKA find another scapegoat for our secondary stats where EVERYONE has been bad

pass td's allowed - 1...rest of team - 9

week 6 Titans -- 3 catches allowed, 50 yds, 0 tds

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176037

Spoken like a true "genius". :rolleyes:

Folks seem to forget that Rogers was a ROOKIE last year. A rookie who didn't even play all the games last season.

This is only his 2nd year. Putting the 2 years together, I don't know if Rogers has even started a full season worth of games yet.

He was thrown into a situation that he was not intended to be in. He was not intended to be the top CB taking on all the #1 WRs.

Rogers played in 12 games with 5 starts last year and this year he has 6 games with 6 starts.

I've had pins put in a finger before,and screws are porbably worse pain wise.

telling somone to go play a contact sport a week after surgery is stupid because there would be a risk at screwing your finger up again and possibly worse,and not to mention it already hurts like a *****.

carlos already said on comcast that he's targeting the game after the bye week for his return.

Rogers played in 12 games with 5 starts last year and this year he has 6 games with 6 starts.

Thank you.

That's just 11 starts for Rogers over his 2 short seasons in the league.

But folks are acting as if he is supposed to be Darrell Green in his prime. :rolleyes:

Or at the very least they are grossly over-exagggerating the lack of quality in his preformance.

But then the "geniuses" on this forum do that with everyone they don't like... Brunell, Holdman, Wright, xyz coach... :)

It doesn't matter, Rogers get beat so much his hand would never be in jeopardy of being near the ball or the play.

I'm pretty sure he's top ten in the NFL in passes defended isn't he?

Lord knows he is by far the best in our 2ndary right now, which is a hurting 2ndary to be sure.

Plus I think he is tied with Ronde Barber for tackles within 5 yards of the LoS, and up there in total tackles.

He actually has a lot of contact for a CB, compared to most CBs.

Actually, there have been many times that other corners and linebackers have given runners and receivers 10 yard pads and Carlos ran up and stuck 'em for a loss of 5 yards. He's broken up a few passes, some of which he really had a good chance to intercept, but, as he learns to play for the ball and not just play the man, he will have more of those opportunities. This is a general problem across the board on D; they are just playing to let the guy make the catch and then put a hit on him or, GOD forbid, dive at his legs and get runover for huge gains. If I see that one more time, I will hurl. This is a poor tackling defense and Carlos, believe it or not, is one of the better tacklers we have.

Archived