Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want to win at Indy?

NattyLight

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

OK ladies and gents, I'm not sure I've completely formulated an answer for this poll, but I think it's an important question as most of you think our season in Dunsky.

Do you want to (a) win at Indy, pretty much locking M. Brunell in at QB for the next 7 weeks, or (B) lose to Indy, in hopes of J. Campbell potentially coming in for week 9 or © don't care and want Mark Brunell to get hit by a bus.

I find it very hard to route for a skins loss, so I'm leaning for the win in Indy and let the QB situation run its course. The QB issue is only one of our concerns, I know, but I think I'll get more satisfaction watching the game with a different QB in.

:helmet:

Seriously if we win in Indy that will make matters worse.

1. It show we can beat bigger team (Jags & Indy)

2. It means we can not be consistent (Viks, Giants, Titans)

3. It will only bring up more controversy about what type of team we really have

4. It won't mean anything to anyone else we are still going to be ranked lower my the press.

But lets go get that win!

why do you all think J. Campbell is going to be any better?

Personally, I don't think that J. Campbell will be any better. Maybe on the deep routes (i.e. Lloyds 58yder) he won't underthrow the ball. The pass to Lloyd shoulda been for 6.

I just think with Campbell I'd enjoy watching the games a little more.

Personally, I don't think that J. Campbell will be any better. Maybe on the deep routes (i.e. Lloyds 58yder) he won't underthrow the ball. The pass to Lloyd shoulda been for 6.

I just think with Campbell I'd enjoy watching the games a little more.

I agree that he won't do any better, but we are losing games, he can't do any worse than our "veteran" quarterback is doing now!

:helmet: :logo:

i want a win every week and i believe Gibbs will put campbell in when he thinks he is givin us the best chance to win

This is exactly the problem. Gibbs can not just wait around for the day that Campbell will give us the best chance to win. Because Campbell will never get better by sitting on the bench. A smart coach would put him in now and let him develop into a qb that will give us the best chance of winning on any given game.

We are just as much an under dog to beat Indy as Tennessee was against us.

Indy cannot stop the run so we DO have a shot of contolling the ball against them.

We definitely WILL have to turn to a gadget play or two to pull this off. We have to convert on a 4th down...maybe an onside kick early...ARE taking a reverse and finding Moss or Lloyde down field...maybe we should commit a personal foul on Manning on the first drive in hopes of sending a message...at this point, I am desperate for a win no matter how it comes.

This is exactly the problem. Gibbs can not just wait around for the day that Campbell will give us the best chance to win. Because Campbell will never get better by sitting on the bench. A smart coach would put him in now and let him develop into a qb that will give us the best chance of winning on any given game.

My feeling (and I'm sure I was in the overwhelming minority) was that it would be more beneficial to put Campbell in while they were installing the new offense so that he could experience his growing pains while everyone else was getting acclimated to the new offense. I felt pretty certain we would lose a lot of games in the short term, but that we would be better for it in the long term.

Instead, Coach Gibbs stuck with Brunell, who doesn't know the offense well either (so it's had to be pared down anyway), and with his diminishing physical abilities, cannot fully implement all of what he does know.

It almost scares me that, in the face of criticism again, Brunell might go to Indianapolis and have a great game on the way to a Redskins win. And, it's not that I don't want the team to do well. But, I really want to see them quit delaying the inevitable, and I want the coaches to make the tough decisions so they can get on with the business of preparing for future successes. This is the 3rd year of this Mark Brunell roller coaster ride, and my stomach really can't take much more of the peaks and valleys.

I mean, let's be real here. This is not a Super Bowl team! I've accepted that. And, the sooner those at Redskins Park admit that, the sooner the Redskins can become one.

Mark this down. Campbell is better than Mark Brunell and I havent even seen him play a whole game. Brunell is washed up. Winning in Indy is out the question with Brunell at qb. I am just hoping that Gibbs annouces today that Jason Campbell will get the start. Atleast that will give everyone something to look forward to.

Archived