Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want to win at Indy?

NattyLight

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Let's hope Todd Collins catches the flu late in practice this week and is out for week 7, making Campbell the no. 2 QB. Then, on the first play off the game, Freeney beats that stiff Jansen and causes Brunell to be out for the rest of the game with some type of ailment. Then, we win the game because the Colts will not have gameplanned for Campbell

OK ladies and gents, I'm not sure I've completely formulated an answer for this poll, but I think it's an important question as most of you think our season in Dunsky.

Do you want to (a) win at Indy, pretty much locking M. Brunell in at QB for the next 7 weeks, or (B) lose to Indy, in hopes of J. Campbell potentially coming in for week 9 or © don't care and want Mark Brunell to get hit by a bus.

I find it very hard to route for a skins loss, so I'm leaning for the win in Indy and let the QB situation run its course. The QB issue is only one of our concerns, I know, but I think I'll get more satisfaction watching the game with a different QB in.

:helmet:

As John McEnroe put it "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS" WTF root for a Redskins LOSS?!? Are you kidding me? Anyone that would root for a loss is NOT a fan at all. I understand the Campbell issue but that is not the way to do things. As one reply said, Gibbs will put him in when he feels it will give us the best chance to win. I do think Gibbs is loyal to a point but he is not stupid. Hang in there everyone, things will turn around.

Hail!!! :logo:

why do you all think J. Campbell is going to be any better?

it's not a matter of thinking JC is going to be better, it's time to get him in the game, and get his feet wet. the offense needs a change, and now is the time. i really can't see us going 10-6 or better, cause we have one hell of a schedule coming up. if campbell is the future, lets start now.

Mark this down. Campbell is better than Mark Brunell and I havent even seen him play a whole game. Brunell is washed up. Winning in Indy is out the question with Brunell at qb. I am just hoping that Gibbs annouces today that Jason Campbell will get the start. Atleast that will give everyone something to look forward to.

I agree. Brunell is washed up, but as a Dallas fan, I've been saying the same thing about Drew Bledsoe. Both of our has-been QB's need to be given the boot for the youngsters.

As John McEnroe put it "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS" WTF root for a Redskins LOSS?!? Are you kidding me? Anyone that would root for a loss is NOT a fan at all. I understand the Campbell issue but that is not the way to do things. As one reply said, Gibbs will put him in when he feels it will give us the best chance to win. I do think Gibbs is loyal to a point but he is not stupid. Hang in there everyone, things will turn around.

Hail!!! :logo:

First off, I voted for a win at Indy.

Secondly, Joe Gibbs is coaching awful football right now and does not have a handle on this team. Did you see him on the sidelines on Sunday, hell this season? His facial expressions and sideline mannerisms make me question whether he has a central nervous system.

I always want wins, I don't care how I want a win. If Mark starts and we win, well that just means he buys another couple weeks, ugh, but I'll take a win no matter what. I've been calling for Jason to start all season but I don't want losses. I just want to win better, and I want to do something other than limp through the season.

RELAX Everyone! Think about this if we go 3-2 over the next 5 games, we are EXACTLY where we were a year ago! 5 wins, 6 losses. And how did that end up? The skins play up or down to the way their opponents play we all know that. If its a horrible team, we play horribly, and vise verse, example-Jax. If we can pull a 'W' out of next week at Indy, then this loss to Tenn is a wash! :2cents:

RELAX Everyone! Think about this if we go 3-2 over the next 5 games, we are EXACTLY where we were a year ago! 5 wins, 6 losses. And how did that end up? The skins play up or down to the way their opponents play we all know that. If its a horrible team, we play horribly, and vise verse, example-Jax. If we can pull a 'W' out of next week at Indy, then this loss to Tenn is a wash! :2cents:

The difference is we were 5-2 in the NFC at that juncture. We are currently 0-3 in NFC.

I have never rooted for the skins to lose and never will. Even if it's the end of the year and we are out of the running, so losing means a better draft pick, I still root for the win. What I have found out is what I root for really doesn't matter. The problem w/ Gibbs, and Parcells is the same way, is that he never looks to next year or what may be better in the long run. Gibbs does what gives us the best chance to win this week. Other coaches will sacrifice wins now for getting experience for a young QB for the future. The Giants did it w/ E. Manning. The Cards are doing it now w/ Leinart. I think we should look to do it too. Brunell will never lead us to a Super Bowl. But he may give us a better chance to win this week (in the coaches' minds). At least if Campbell starts it gives us hope for the future and even if we lose Jason gets experience for the future. Plus we need to know if JC is capable of becoming a good NFL QB. If he stinks and it is obvious that he cannot handle the NFL I would like to know this year, so we can make a decision on the QB for next year. For example what if we played JC last year and it was evident that he has no future as a starter in this league. We could have signed Brees in the offseason to be our starter. It's not often a QB the quality of Brees is available on the FA market. Schaub looks like a guy that may be available in the next year or two. Most experts believe he will be a real good QB. I would like to know our situation so we can go after him if need be. We may also pick high in the draft next year. Do we need to consider a QB. These questions need to be answered this year. Brunell is not the long term answer here and we all know that. I would be willing to sacrifice a win or two to find out the answers to these questions. And maybe JC comes in and plays real well and we win some games we wouldn't have w/ Mark. It's time to look to the future. We are a team w/ alot of talent that will be here for a while. The question of the most important player on a team needs to be answered for us.

Of course I want us to win, but considering its an AFC game, I wont be upset whether we lose or win like I usually am during the NFC games. I mean, I am kind of expecting us to lose, not because we havent been doing so well, and not because im a disloyal fan, but because we are playing one of the best teams, if not the best team in the NFL.

Everyone who has said that we dont want a win at Indy is absolutely retarded.

1st reason) You want a skins loss

2nd reason) you think campbell will start ASAP, which may not happen

3rd reason) most people before yesterday thought we would end up at 3-4 and be able to do something this year if we could string some wins...

we can still be 3-4. I dont care that we are facing Indy who very well could blow us out. If we are 3-4, we have to beat dallas and we are back into things. This team has shown it can beat anyone and lose to anyone. It needs to find its identity and use it to win.

4th) a win is always a good thing

Archived