Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hyperventilating Knee Jerk Reaction Thread Of Negativity (MERGED)

HateYanksDukeCowboys

I agree with most of your statements but justify what makes Brunell not terrible? Did you not see Brunell throwing to Moss while he's in triple coverage? Did you not see that horrible throw on 3rd down when Brunell had Moss open on the slant route and he threw the ball at his feet. There have been too many plays like that this season. How about the fact that the offensive coodinator with a 700 page playbook has to call the same 9 or 10 plays because he doesn't have confidence in the QB? I totally agree with your point that it was a total team loss but this come on.

The problem I have with it is that Brunell is a fine QB for a team with an above average defense and a great running game, which is what this team used to be. If you put Brunell on the Ravens or the Steelers (as an example) right now, they'd make the playoffs.

The rub is that this team is no longer above average on defense and their new "genius" offensive coordinator doesn't seem to enjoy the running game. So we're stuck with Brunell trying to be Trent Green, which he clearly is not. You can blame Brunell all you want, but there are probably 20 other starters in the league that would have the same record with this team right now.

why? because you dont like me? I have to sit here as a fan every week and read posts by the fair weather fans and *******s. I posted within the limits, I let the profanity filter kick in. Just who in the **** are you anyhow?

Waaahhhh! Nobody said you had to read any of this. If you don't like it, why don't you go read the players post-game comments and continue to blindly believe that this team doesn't have flaws. By the way.... Mark Brunell is washed up. OPEN YOUR EYES!

Since when is reality a "knee jerk" reaction. What team are you watching? Why are you folks so scared of Campbell? Do you not understand that a quarterback LEADS a TEAM. That spreads to the defense also. Having confidence in your QB gives the defense a REASON to play harder. They believe their offense can do something to score points if the defense gives them field position. This entire team is trying to play with no confidence in their QB. It has been said that this team is searching for their identity. They will NOT find an identity with Brunell at QB. Why burn Campbell's chance to step in and learn this offense under game conditions to give us a better team next season if nothing else. How do you know he can't change things right now? Campbell is the UNKNOWN element right now. He could be the "missing" ingredient we need to get this team sparked and heading in the right direction. But no, let's be content with the sub-mediocrity that keeping Brunell in there gives us because we know what we have with him. Again, what team are you watching? Keep Brunell in there and we will NOT even smell the playoffs. Yes, I am pissed, but it is kind of like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop. Well, put the damn hammer down!

Since when is reality a "knee jerk" reaction. What team are you watching? Why are you folks so scared of Campbell? Do you not understand that a quarterback LEADS a TEAM. That spreads to the defense also. Having confidence in your QB gives the defense a REASON to play harder. They believe their offense can do something to score points if the defense gives them field position. This entire team is trying to play with no confidence in their QB. It has been said that this team is searching for their identity. They will NOT find an identity with Brunell at QB. Why burn Campbell's chance to step in and learn this offense under game conditions to give us a better team next season if nothing else. How do you know he can't change things right now? Campbell is the UNKNOWN element right now. He could be the "missing" ingredient we need to get this team sparked and heading in the right direction. But no, let's be content with the sub-mediocrity that keeping Brunell in there gives us because we know what we have with him. Again, what team are you watching? Keep Brunell in there and we will NOT even smell the playoffs. Yes, I am pissed, but it is kind of like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop. Well, put the damn hammer down!

I agree, but the defense is just plain horrible this year. The secondary seems to be the biggest problem, and it just seems to spread from there. Like you said, a lack of confidence in the QB spreads, so does a lack of confidence in the defense to get the job done and give the offense decent field position. This team is in big trouble, and might as well give Campbell a shot. Find out now if he has anything to offer instead of wasting another offseason sticking with a sub-standard QB.

The problem I have with it is that Brunell is a fine QB for a team with an above average defense and a great running game, which is what this team used to be. If you put Brunell on the Ravens or the Steelers (as an example) right now, they'd make the playoffs.

The rub is that this team is no longer above average on defense and their new "genius" offensive coordinator doesn't seem to enjoy the running game. So we're stuck with Brunell trying to be Trent Green, which he clearly is not. You can blame Brunell all you want, but there are probably 20 other starters in the league that would have the same record with this team right now.

I agree with most of your statements but justify what makes Brunell not terrible?

You didn't answer my original question as to why he deserves fan support. I'm just a little frustrated at the fact that I watch this guy on a weekly basis and how he's missing tons of throws and then sit back and watch other QB (even Rookies) make those accurate passes. I guess that lost toenail really hurt him.

EDIT: Please don't take that as me jumping all in your **** for no reason. I'm just a little frustrated about the play of the team I love.

Yeah, right. We can't even beat the Tenessee Titans. I would be really shocked if we win against the Colts. We should of been 5-2 going into the Bye but Greg Williams has gotten absolute crap out of his defense and I am sick of all of it.

BENCH BRUNELL! :logo:

I'm sick of scheduling my day around the Redskins game only to see Mark Brunell show why the Jags gave up on him and see the crap that the Redskins call a defense. Sean Taylor is the only defensive player running around and hitting like he actually cares.

I'm sick of scheduling my day around the Redskins game only to see Mark Brunell show why the Jags gave up on him and see the crap that the Redskins call a defense. Sean Taylor is the only defensive player running around and hitting like he actually cares.
It's more than just a day. It is all week reading and praying and talking football with friends, just anticipating my favorite team to play like they used to only to vomit in my own mouth. They all suck.

Where can I get my money back for the DirecTv NFL ticket? I think the Redskins owe me that much. Week in and week out, the same old ##it! I don't know who to blame anymore; seriously, nobody does anything. I think we should just cut the middle man (i.e. Brunell) and hike the ball directly to our play makers and just play some streetball. How about drawing some plays in the dirt or on someone's chest right before the play. Could it really be any worse than what we are seeing? Well, look at the bright side, at least we can trade a HIGH draft pick next year for someone else who will not produce. :rolleyes:
Guess what! i baught a new samsung lcd hd tv 42" jnust because I wanted to see our boys in the superbowl in large screen HD with the sunday ticket, a brand new 100 dollar Portis jersey, and turned my car into a rolling redskin shrine. Big decals on the doors, licence plate, stickers, even that little guy on the antena.It would be the **** if we didn't suck. I'm already getting people pointing a laughing at me during the week. OH DA**IT

Guess what! i baught a new samsung lcd hd tv 42" jnust because I wanted to see our boys in the superbowl in large screen HD with the sunday ticket, a brand new 100 dollar Portis jersey, and turned my car into a rolling redskin shrine. Big decals on the doors, licence plate, stickers, even that little guy on the antena.It would be the **** if we didn't suck. I'm already getting people pointing a laughing at me during the week. OH DA**IT

You really did that to your car?

:laugh:

Damn dude, I'm in a similar situation with the tv and sunday ticket. I feel for ya on having to ride around with the Skins shrine thou.

It should of been titled "Thread for holier then thou fans to accuse other fans of being fairweather because they some something bad"

There you go again Prime. You're not a true Redskins fan. There...judgement has been passed on thee. :)

The team has lost it's identity and needs to get it back. The skins will not win consistently until they remember how to win. If you understand.

Well, when Brunell (aka Hangnail) said last week that this was NOT a "MUST WIN" game for us I knew this was a loss. When your leader does not have the drive and desire to win, why should the rest of the team.

Our defense is going to suck until our offense gets a rythm. We cant expect Portis and Moss to take every hand off, shovel pass or 5yd pass for a touchdown. We need to open up the passing game, get our QB position to be more mobile and to be able to plant his rear leg and pass deep downfield. I am tired of JG being conservative on offense. Young is playing as a rookie and doing better than MB. MB gets worse with every game andYoung gets better. Give up on MB and put JC in.

Knee jerk reaction huh? Are you sure you're watching the Redskins vs Titans game? A ****ing rookie is schooling us.

The football world is laughing at us.

Next they'll feel sorry for us for having a "Dad"(JGibbs) that doesn't have the sack to change the program & put a new QB to spark things up!

Then they'll begin to laugh some more.

Finally they'll start calling "Dad" (JGibbs)....Norv Turner. The passive, non-responsive father who says "I smell smoke, when the entire house has been on fire for 6hrs.

Gibbs' facial expressions are beginning to look a lot like Steve Spurriers! U know that's true!

"Guess what! i baught a new samsung lcd hd tv 42" jnust because I wanted to see our boys in the superbowl in large screen HD with the sunday ticket, a brand new 100 dollar Portis jersey, and turned my car into a rolling redskin shrine. Big decals on the doors, licence plate, stickers, even that little guy on the antena.It would be the **** if we didn't suck. I'm already getting people pointing a laughing at me during the week. OH DA**IT"

sorry bubba...but that's funny!

Archived