Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Titans at Skins.

Art

During the bye week....he'll give Brunell one more chance in Indy next week and if he blows it there expect to see Jason.

Ha. I wish that to be true but we know it's not. All it will take is Brunell to make two 5 yard screens for the confidence to be restored and Brunell fans to say...see...it's this or it's that and not the QB's fault, just like when they won the 2 games. You couldn't tell people that Mark wasn't the answer. Boy, fans can be so fickle some times. :)

i dont see nothing wrong with brunell he is the 1 that put 52 points 36 against a solid defense sure hes incosistent and makes some bad descisions here and there but he still is a solid veteran quaterback and has more expirience then jason cambel

Yeah, that old veteran forced the ball into 5 defenders with the game on the line. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaadin123

The only reason players want to come here is because they no they are going to get HUGE paydays, they have no interest in whether this team goes to a SB, they do it only for the money, and like dumb asses, we keep shovelin it out, its time for Snyder to stop being a fan and TELL Gibbs he wants changes at QB

The way you can find out if you have "core guys" as JG puts it : Tell them that you need them to re-structure their contracts to be back loaded...se what kind of re-action you get then, I would like to see more "pay for play type of contracts, if you get "x" amount of int's or sacks or touchdowns, you get "x" amount of money, if you don't produce, you get minimums!

Great idea...doubt it'll ever happen with this team...but I like it.

Speaking of Mark Brunell I would like to know why you would throw the ball when your receiver has 5 Titans all around him and then you cannot even get the ball to him because you threw the ball short. I don't know what to think about this team any more as we have all these weapons yet we never use them. We only use two or three a week instead of using all of them. My opinion is put Cambell in at least he can thow the ball down the field.

MB isn't the whole problem. For sure he could be a WHOLE LOT better. I think Campbell could do at least as good if not a better job.

But our biggest problem is the DEFENSE.

Folks our defense can't make a big stop. They just can't stop anyone. Look back at the Jacksonville game they took the ball down the field twice with time running out. Any kind of stop along the way and the game is ours easy. They made big third down plays not hammering for a yard up the middle.

We have ZERO pass rush even sometimes bringing two blitzers.

Our D has got to get better quick or we're not going to win anything Jason Campbell in the or not.

Tis a sad day.

Speaking of Mark Brunell I would like to know why you would throw the ball when your receiver has 5 Titans all around him and then you cannot even get the ball to him because you threw the ball short. I don't know what to think about this team any more as we have all these weapons yet we never use them. We only use two or three a week instead of using all of them. My opinion is put Cambell in at least he can thow the ball down the field.

We would still need to call the play though!

What happened to...if you don't practice, you don't play? And Springs played today? Hell...Lavar was benched for weeks. hmm...interesting.

Springs practiced all week, so he got to play. I wonder if he practiced that defensive hold that gave them a first down.

Seriously. This whole team is pissing on their fans right now. The only starters earning their pay is Portis and Moss. The D can't do nothing with bad coaching. The O can't do nothing with bad coaching. So none of those players care. Boonnell and Gibbs talking about how we're in it together is an insulting excuse for people not doing their job competantly. This team has no competance for the level of play we have seen it capable of. This team has no care if they can't get fired up to beat the Titans. This team has no competance if they resort to being lauged at by the Giants and Cowboys at the end of the week.

I hate to say it, as bad as the Skins are with Brunell they would be much worse with Campbell. The only reason to start him now is if the coaches realize that they suck so bad this year it is time to give up and start working on next year. We are not the worst team in the league, yet. If we loose 2 more then the season is done and Campbell should get the start.

if you dont think that getting brunell outa there and starting JC wouldnt be a good idea right now ur nuts my freind..... after this kid gets is due NFL Exp. hes is gona be a great QB in this league..... so start him now and lets get ready for next year...dont wait till next year to start him , god that would put us even farther back...we have the weapons on offense now for him to throw to... how long will they be there if Joe Gibbs waits ??????

I'm currently 21 and I've been watching the Skins since I was a little kid so it's safe to say i've watched a mediocre/lousy team for most of my life (obviously not including 2 seasons). I've seen a LARGE amount of bad games...i mean terrible:doh: ....but this one takes the cake for me personally.

Yea i'm pretty angry but this is NOT a a knee jerk reaction. Between this team's talent (including coaching), the situation we were in, the 0 and 5 Titans, and the fact we were at HOME...this has to be one of the most embarrassing moments for a redskin fan period. Few things I took from this...

1. Defense...Im not sure what to say because I honestly don't know what the H*ll is wrong with them. I'm pretty sure the cheerleaders could play better at line right now. Yes we have injuries...but teams are supposed to expect that. The fact that we didn't have a solid back up for Springs (Mr. Injury) is ridiculous. Oh and if you check out Archuletta vs. Clark statistically there's no difference...oh wait Clark has a INT. Go Figure!:applause:

2. I've been Pro-Brunell since he as been on this team and have defended him time and time again with my friends, but im afraid his time is up. Hey if we're winning I won't question his methods but now this team is ready for a new direction. We can't go down field or over the middle and the biggest thing ( i believe) is Brunell's mobility. You have to able to make defenders miss...at least a little bit! Plus he can't run and throw which is VITAL for any team...he has to plant and throw to be accurate. Anybody that watches football other than the Skins know this already. Like New Orleans and Philly today...just watch those QB's compared to ours.

3. Out Coached. The game plan itself is one thing but getting this team ready to play every week is obviously garbage. Game film much? Teams know what were doing and even then we have the talent to beat every one of them but can't execute. Maybe it's just me but I don't see much of a difference in the offense this year compared to last. Yea we had some big games...followed by some terrible ones. That sounds familiar. The Playmakers aren't touching the ball enough. One of them has a big week that was mainly do to game planning and then the next week they're on vacation.

I don't believe the season is over yet...the talent is there! But if something big doesnt happen for this team and SOON we could be looking at last place...LAST PLACE! After a playoff year....ugh im sick to my stomach.

Let's see regardless of the record

--Snyder is making money through all of this.

--The Coaches, Front Office staff, & players are all well paid

--The Merchanidsers are making money off of this team

--The sports-talk people have alot of stuff to talk about

Seems like everyone but the fans are enjoying this.

You are foolish to think that a change at quarterback will cure the problems.

Here's one problem I know it will cure: It will make me excited to watch this team again, because right now I'm becoming numb to this garbage. The Dallas loss was a gut punch. The Giants loss was less surprising. Today I barely raised an eyebrow when an 0-5 team took the lead on the Skins in the second half. I totally saw it coming. Next week they won't be in the game past the first half. At least if we had a different QB (either one) it wouldn't seem automatically hopeless.

I have heard this mentioned before by a few people, but I don't know exactly how I feel about it.

Most of our players are top-paid pro athletes, and recently, it seems like they don't have any heart when they are out on the field. Now I'm not saying this about all of our players (Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Sean Taylor, and Marcus Washington clearly give it their all every game) but there are others who seem to not really try as hard as they can. These guys are probably making enough money to set them for the rest of their lives, so could this be a reason not to throw it all out there? There is nothing left to prove, no reason to strive to get a fat contract from another organization when you're already going to be living off of Dan Snyder's checkbook for the rest of your life.

Keep in mind this is not coming directly from me, I've just heard it from a few fellow fans I know. I just thought I would let it float around here and see what some of you other guys think of this.

You are foolish to think that a change at quarterback will cure the problems.

True...wouldn't cure problems by a long shot, but I'd say it would breath some new life into a less than confidant team, not to mention the fans. And who knows, it could be the spark and inspiration the team needs. Look what happend in Pittsburgh a couple seasons ago with Ben.

Archived