Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Vincent officially released/could he help? MERGED

TC

We could sign him to a 1-year contract. he's old but a short contract would mean that its barely risky at all, no cap damage next year or anything. Then we could play him at SS on passing downs, mitigating Archuleta's weakness at coverage, and letting Archuleta blitz or play on running downs. I think its a good idea. :2cents:

apparently none of you (or few) are very familar with his ability. He is a good nickel corner. He got a slight hammy pull this year and some reason the Bills put him on IR and Spikes among other got pissed off about it. He is still good, although a little old. He is certainly not a permanent solution, but seriously is that what we are looking for at this moment? Hes better than Kenny Wright when healthy. If hes all healed up like I believe he is he is definately worth looking at.

If the money worked for the Skins, I would want him in a heartbeat. How do some of you guys think that he couldn't help? Prioleau was a huge loss for us and having someone with Vincent's knowledge and skill would be great. There's no guarantee that Springs (or any other corner for that matter) will last the whole year when he comes back. Obviously without Springs, it didn't really matter who you plugged in opposite Rogers - we were alot weaker.

Hey he knows the defense and knows where to be. He can help because he's a veteran and I think with his history with Gray & Williams he wants to help. With the bums we have picked up is anyone actually saying we shouldnt give him at least a tryout? Our defense isnt getting the job done and has been more disappointing the the offense. Look at how many 3rd and 10 or more we have given up in only 5 games. I use to laugh when a team was in 3rd or 6 now I say oh oh.

Archived