Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Vincent officially released/could he help? MERGED

TC

Holy cow... I am at a loss for words on this thread. Every has been and bum should be brought in. It is bad enough we have to scrape the bottom for guys like Posey, who never saw a running play he didn't want to back-pedal from, now we should bring in vincent? For what? If we want someone to give up the big plays a young guy can do it as easily as on old broken down one... at least the young ones might get better in time.

Holy cow... I am at a loss for words on this thread. Every has been and bum should be brought in. It is bad enough we have to scrape the bottom for guys like Posey, who never saw a running play he didn't want to back-pedal from, now we should bring in vincent? For what? If we want someone to give up the big plays a young guy can do it as easily as on old broken down one... at least the young ones might get better in time.

Boy, for an "old, broken down" guy he sure had a good season last year...but we'll take your word for it!

:doh:

per kffl.com the 49ers are interested......

49ers | Team hopes to sign T. Vincent

Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:11:53 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers are hoping to sign free agent S Troy Vincent (Bills). It is believed the team views Vincent as a free safety capable of helping the team's nickel defense.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0

Boy, for an "old, broken down" guy he sure had a good season last year...but we'll take your word for it!

:doh:

Ok. I may have displayed a certain age bias. He has lost a step from his prime, surely you can give me that much... I am coming around to the thought. I would not be in favor of him replacing Doughty, but Burns I can live with.... He might be able to play the role vacated by the injured PP. I wouldnt give up too much cap room in the future thought. The clock is ticking on "old" Troy.

Our team does have a losing record...

Bring him in. It can't hurt.

that's only if you want to claim him under waivers, which means you have to pick up his contract. - I don't see anyone doing that.

The Niners could promise him a certain amount of playing time, which he may go for, but we could offer him the NFC East:deal:

that's only if you want to claim him under waivers, which means you have to pick up his contract. - I don't see anyone doing that.

The Niners could promise him a certain amount of playing time, which he may go for, but we could offer him the NFC East:deal:

...and the only team left in the division with two games left against the Eagles. ;)

Of all the signing suggestions that have been proposed this week, this and the Derrick Strait thread make the most sense. Vincent can slide into the role that Peison P. was supposed to play for us and add some coverage ability to our safety corp. This could allow for us to play ST a little closer to the line and get him more involved. Lets hope they're thinking about making this move. With the bye week coming up soon, we coul have him ready to contribute significantly by the Dallas game.

Archived