Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sauerbrun Cut - We Should Get Him

jimster

DENVER (AP) -- Punter Todd Sauerbrun isn't allowed anywhere near the Denver Broncos for the next month while he serves his suspension for using the banned dietary supplement ephedra, so he's working out at a high school football field while his teammates toil across town

And there you have it, no shrinking nuts, zits or balding due to steroids. I swear some people on this board spout off without knowing jackchit. Ephedra, a substance banned because the NFL didn't want to be sued because a fatass died while practicing in 100 degree heat. Funny thing was, ephedra wasn't even found in Stringers system but the supplement Ultimate Orange was found in his locker so they ASSumed that it must have been the cause. Talk about knee jerk reaction.

At the time, a health organization put the number of ephedra related deaths at 155. The ephedra death created major headlines, mainly because it involved the death of a young public figure that made a living off of strength, fitness and athletic talent

As you can see ephedra deaths are an epidemic that needed to be stamped out immediately. Instead people should smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and drink a fifth of wiskey. You know the "legal" substances where the gov't. makes millions in taxes and revenue from pharmeceutical companies getting rich off of treating the effects of alcohol and tobacco.

Thing is this, anything in excess is bad for you. We've had Airmen die in basic training from drinking too much water.

Sorry to get off on a tangent but there is alot of crap that's banned for absolutely no freaking reason. :2cents:

Cut Frost... Sign Sauerbrun... Period!

No more Frosty shanks... I can't stand holding my breath everytime we have to punt. It is bad enough that our offense stinks on the road. There is no need giving the competition even better field position while our offense tries to regroup.

Anybody remember him in Chicago? He was good there too. Cheat? I don't know what he was using. but my thoughts are on that subject is if you can go buy it at gnc its legal maybe not moral, but legal. So, as far as that debate in Baseball with guys using Creatine? that all nothing. Hogwash.

wow a lot of ignorant posts in this thread.

EPHEDRA IS NOT STEROIDS!

it is a metabolic enhancer and was the feature ingredient in common suppliments like ripped fuel, hydroxy cut, and Zantrex. it's for energy and weight loss. He wasn't cheating he was trying to lose weight. he might as wel lhave takin a caffiene suppliment until someone bans those. .

wow a lot of ignorant posts in this thread.

EPHEDRA IS NOT STEROIDS!

it is a metabolic enhancer and was the feature ingredient in common suppliments like ripped fuel, hydroxy cut, and Zantrex. it's for energy and weight loss. He wasn't cheating he was trying to lose weight. he might as wel lhave takin a caffiene suppliment until someone bans those. .

Im not talking about last season or prior to this season, I am speaking of when he was a Panther and was accused of taking actual Steroids with Todd Stussy and about three other Panthers as well. I didnt even know he had taken Ephedra prior to the season until I heard it on ESPN at lunch today, butagain, that isnt what I was speaking of.

Im not talking about last season or prior to this season, I am speaking of when he was a Panther and was accused of taking actual Steroids with Todd Stussy and about three other Panthers as well. I didnt even know he had taken Ephedra prior to the season until I heard it on ESPN at lunch today, butagain, that isnt what I was speaking of.

And was specifically named in the scandal that wound up with a doctor from South Carolina going to jail because he prescribed these drugs to him and others.

Although its understandable that many of you don't know anything about this, as the NFL has done an outstanding job of sweeping it under the rug.

And was specifically named in the scandal that wound up with a doctor from South Carolina going to jail because he prescribed these drugs to him and others.

Although its understandable that many of you don't know anything about this, as the NFL has done an outstanding job of sweeping it under the rug.

yea, he was one of the players suspected, but he's played 2 years in Denver and continued his play. - When with Carolina and Chicago he kicked off as well, which we may also be interested in.

Frost has average 44.1 yards on 25 punts so far...he has only 1 touch back and 6 inside the 20. He's done pretty good so far.

I definately don't want Landetta.

I would take Saurbrun I guess...I remember one time him getting in the face of Brian Mitchell during a game

can we show some faith in our young special teams guys? if we dont, theyll never succeed. chewing out any other position player or a veteran is different. we should back up the young guys on special teams thoug--or theyll just shank more punts and miss more 40 yarders.

And that mountain air probably helped him with his kicks, thus skewing his punting stats.

That's a fairy tale. I lived in Denver for four years. The people who say that "you can hit the golf ball a mile in that thin air" are misinformed! I can tell you that if you are a lousy golfer at sea level, don't expect an improvement in high altitude!

Isn't he like 40 years old by now?

I think Frost will get better and isn't bad now. He also wont be in a retirement home in a couple seasons. But this would be a typical Redskins move. Why not give him a 10M signing bonus to keep things consistant as well.

You guys should really find out what he was suspended for before you start mouthing off and making yourselves look dumb. He was suspended for using ephedra not steriods. Ephedra is a weight loss drug.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiR53ws55zd8JiuJHaYgwBOE2bYF?slug=ap-broncossauerbrun&prov=ap&type=lgns

Actually, you are the one looking slightly ignorant. Again, it wasnt while he was in Denver, it was while he was still a Panther, read the whole thread next time before posting.

Archived