Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sauerbrun Cut - We Should Get Him

jimster

Broncos Cut Punter Sauerbrun, Agent Says

http://sports.iwon.com/news/10102006/v3998.html

Oct 10, 1:57 PM (ET) Email this Story

By PAT GRAHAM

DENVER (AP) -Denver cut punter Todd Sauerbrun on Tuesday, the day he was supposed to come back from a four-game suspension for using a banned dietary supplement, his agent said.

David Canter told The Associated Press the Broncos informed him they were keeping Paul Ernster, who has kicked well in Sauerbrun's absence.

He served his time - I do remember hearing that he wasn't the best team mate in Carolina but he does have a strong leg. I don't think anyone has ever accused Frost of having a strong leg - I tend to hear "inconsistent" when he is being described.

I would like to see the Skins take a flyer on him. At 2-3 they might actually have a shot at picking him up off of waivers.

I prefer that we keep and support Frost - I think he has been reasonably consistent this year and he's a young guy we can stick with. He seems to be getting better with time. We don't need to sign every older, steroid-using punter on the market. If Sauerbrun was so great, Denver would have kept him over Ernster. We've had enough trouble with Hall getting hurt; I bet if we sign Sauerbrun, his age and steroid use will lead to an injury after a short time.

Archived