Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czabe on Skins 10/10

jwebst1

He hits the nail on the head on all points....

Okay, that being said, let me vent on some things that piss me off to no end with the Redskins organization. Call these things “Lessons Not Learned.”

1. Matt Leinart & Bruce Gradkowski

Here are two rookies QBs. Leinart fell in the draft, came into camp late, and is just finished washing up from Paris Hilton and he goes out and delivers a near upset against a good Chiefs defense. Gradkowski is a 6th round prospect from Toledo. And while the Bucs didn’t WANT to play him this soon, they had to. And all he does is go for 20-31-225 and 2 TDs with no INTs. On the road! Meanwhile the Redskins have 2 #1’s and a #3 tied in up Jason Campbell, and they are basically afraid/ashamed to even let him play.

LESSON NOT LEARNED BY REDSKINS: If you draft a QB of the future, don’t be afraid to embrace the future.

For entire article

http://czabe.com/daily/archives/2006/10/its_the_defense.html

I can see where he's coming from, but it seems like an exercise in futility. One thing we should all know at this point is that Mark Brunell will be ridden until his knees fall off.

Why? He got benched in 04 right?

I can't take that.

I would never have been the catholic priest who watched as Germany invaded Poland! Okay, that is quite a bit of overkill, but I can't change the other thing.

Demetric Evans, Jason Campbell and Rocky McIntosh should start every game from here on out. - and I'm assuming Golston will be starting for the rest of the year.

Why? He got benched in 04 right?

Well, sort of I guess. I thought that injury played a role in that also. My recollection of the process in 2004 isn't all that great. But I think we can all see now that the "benching" was nothing more than temporary and that Gibbs intended to go back to Brunell the first chance he got.

Eh. The Cards and Bucs have packed it in for the season. If you are ready to pack it in now, at 2-3, I guess you have a point.

But please don't say one game is proof that rookie QBs can produce as well as veterans. Frerotte had an amazing first game as a rookie. So did Ramsey. Wait until defenses have some tape of these kids and see how they play before comparing them to vets.

I despise this ahole, but at least in regard to Campbell he has a point I must grudgingly admit. There doesn't seem to have been any point in drafting a guy so high to simply to be a #3. If he can't push Brunell for PT we never should have gambled on him.

This was a very good article by Cza'- in fact I would love to have as a General Manager.

I tell people constantly that while I love the team, I hate this:logo: f****** organization

Oh! by the way, Joe Gibbs has the final say on everything, so he is not that far behind as being the worst personel decision maker!

:logo:

Eh. The Cards and Bucs have packed it in for the season. If you are ready to pack it in now, at 2-3, I guess you have a point.

But please don't say one game is proof that rookie QBs can produce as well as veterans. Frerotte had an amazing first game as a rookie. So did Ramsey. Wait until defenses have some tape of these kids and see how they play before comparing them to vets.

Ding Ding Ding :applause: :applause: :applause: , we have a winner. Sorry kids, nice tries posting. :applause:

This was a very good article by Cza'- in fact I would love to have as a General Manager.

I tell people constantly that while I love the team, I hate this:logo: f****** organization

Oh! by the way, Joe Gibbs has the final say on everything, so he is not that far behind as being the worst personel decision maker!

:logo:

Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley, Casey Rabach, Derrick Dockery, Marcus Washington, or do these players suck?

"treat your 3d WR like you would your 3d girlfriend. He's your 'hollaback WR.'"

Teehee. But its true, too. Its great that we have the threat of Lloyd out there, but if we never use him, why pay so damn much for him?

(By the way, who's technically our 3d WR? Is it ARE or Lloyd?)

ARE is technically our slot receiver but in all reality he has been our #2. James Thrash is #3, Chris Cooley is #4, and Lloyd is #7.

Just joking. I honestly like Brandon Lloyd. He just hasn't had many opportunities because of the ridiculous inconsistancy of our o-line and playcalling. Brunell HAS to throw something to him, even if it's in double coverage. F**k it!!

we traded ONE 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to take get a 2nd 1st rounder in 2005. - We didn't trade 3 picks for Campbell.

I agree we seem afraid to start Campbell, but I'm not sure about "ashamed".

yeah im so sick of hearing people say we used two number 1's. we used a number one from 2006 in 2005 and gave a third in the process. So dumb.

Well on the outside looking in and having all these homers in here hollering Gibbs knows more about Football that we all do....Seems to me that everyone's St. Joe is STUCK ON STUPID. So what Brunnell doesn't make mistakes! He doesn't make any plays either! So what he set a completion record that ANY one could! Jason Campbell could have set that record as well with 22 complete 5 yard passes! WHOPPEE!! Gibbs has final say so and personally he has done nothing but continue to wallow in ineptitude. He is old fashioned outdated and can no longer relate to today's athlete. No one on this current roster cares about what he did prior. The only thing I like that is old fashioned is a woman I start to date! Not a professional team making billions! I say we all need to bumb rush Redskin Park and tell the organization we aren't dealing with this crap. All it is, is about money Snyder brought Gibbs back for profit, anytime a value meal at Fedex Field costs 15 bucks it's about the money. Snyder and the lot know this team will continue to make money because we as fans are STUCK ON STUPID buying redskins related things because they lose and they still are the #1 revenue grossing team, imagine what would happen should they win???

Sorry but the truth hurts and I am ready for the bashing I will recieve because people don't like the truth smacking them upside the head!

yep - Anyone remember how good Tim Hasselbeck looked for us when he came in for Ramsey in Miami?

Remember how he looked against Dallas after there was film on him?

Although I do think that Leinart will be a good QB in this league for years to come, it's just not as easy as some make it out to be.

yeah im so sick of hearing people say we used two number 1's. we used a number one from 2006 in 2005 and gave a third in the process. So dumb.

God - that is my MAJOR pet peeve that Czaban says. The 2 #1 one thing.

I'm like, "STEVE, like there isn't enough true things to ***** about?"

Man that pisses me off so much. That and his constant Champ Bailey thing - 2 months ago when he finally couldn't pretend anymore that CP wasn't good enough to warrant the trade he went on this rant about how its not "as special" when it isn't a RB you drafted :rolleyes:

I mean come on. CP was 21 years old when they traded for him, right? Lets not act like he was some 28 year old vet who came to the Skins, CP is a Redskin and will be a Redskin.

He is way right about the other things tough. *vent*

"treat your 3d WR like you would your 3d girlfriend. He's your 'hollaback WR.'"

Teehee. But its true, too. Its great that we have the threat of Lloyd out there, but if we never use him, why pay so damn much for him?

(By the way, who's technically our 3d WR? Is it ARE or Lloyd?)

Its ARE, the #3 is the "Z" or "slot" WR, and the #2 is the "Y"

Sometimes Moss lines up as the Z also though, but Lloyd is always an outside WR, either X or Y.

Its kinda like saying who is the backup DT Griffin or Golston, well neither because we play a 4-3.

Okay now my head is spinning. But yeah, throw the damn ball to Lloyd - the boy has super arms and super spring legs!

Archived