Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czabe on Skins 10/10

jwebst1

Hey, it's a valid opinion. I wouldn't base it on what some rookies did in their first start, though, which is what Czaban did.

OK, I'm a bit late to this thread but what the heck. I agree that basing such an opinion on one or two cases with a single game under their belts is much too small a sample size to draw any firm conclusions. However, in addition to Leinart (who I still expect to be a bust BTW) and Gradkowski, what about Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Rex Grossman (when healthy)? Heck, even P. Rivers and Alex Smith seem to be doing fairly well.

My point is that nowadays there are young players all over the field playing with rules that heavily favor the offense. This helps young QBs along as they get their sea legs. If they don't get their sea legs after a couple of seasons, they're probably going to be a bust anyway. I'm thinking we need to know what Campbell's got sooner rather than later. Furthermore, the Campbell we'll have in his last start of the season will be dramtically different (better, hopefully) than the Campbell who starts his first game. While I agree that Brunell still has some gas left in the tank, it's probably not enough for a full round trip...just enough to get us stranded far away from home. Also, even in the best case scenario under which Brunell does have some gas left, he's not going to be a bit better at the end of the season, or ever for that matter, than he is now.

Gibbs needs to give some serious thought to making the change sooner rather than later....and that goes for WLB and RDE as well.

Leinart is starting b/c Warner can't hold on to the ball (8 fumbles in 3 games) and Gradkowski is only starting b/c of Simms' injury. Jay Cutler isn't starting, and I know people aren't happy w/ Plummer. Why don't you Brunell haters go over to the Broncos sight and ***** about Cutler going in? It will be about as useful as whining about Brunell or displaying stupid-ass sigs that show you're displeased w/ MB's play. Rodgers isn't starting in Green Bay, no matter how many picks Favre throws. What about Rivers? He sat for 2 years, and is looking pretty sharp right now. Every QB is different. Rushing one in does not mean guaranteed victory, rather it usually means bad results ( see Patrick Ramsey). Remember, most of the young, "stud" QB's starting in the NFL, have done so only because the original starter injured himself during the season. (see Brady, Rothlisberger(?), Gradkowski, etc.) Is this bull crap really going to continue all year? Brunell does well, and the haters shutup, and there are some quality threads made on this site. Brunell does bad the next week, doesn't throw any picks, or fumble, just inconsistent, and the site is filled w/ stupid threads about why we need Campbell in, why our season is over. Stupid rumors and guesses start to fly, such as Gibbs love for Brunell solely b/c they are both Christians. So Gibbs isn't a professional now? Sorry, but nobody of Gibbs' caliber would do something like that. Brunell's results last year are argument enough for why he is the starter. Suggesting Gibbs is playing favoritism is very insulting, and only someone ignorant of what Gibbs has done for this team would believe Christianity is the sole reason why Mark is still here. I hate to be so crude, but, get the fukc over yourselves haters! Does anyone really think dumping all over Brunell is helping anyone, other than to possibly fulfill the idiotic prophecy of the haters? Newsflash, no matter how well any player does, you can always find something to bash them about. You all know this. So why continue to bash one of our own? Especially one who brought us back to the postseason. Of course, many weren't happy w/ the last QB to take us to the postseason until he was gone and winning a Superbowl in Tampa. I know we all desperately want that flashy, young, phenom QB that will further the greatness of our franchise. I want that player too. Right now, that player isn't the best chance at us winning. Have patience, Campbell's time will come. Gibbs knows how to win, not you haters, and not you sports writers. Keep the faith, because I will definitely be chiming in when the Skins are in the playoffs again, laughing at you haters. I will not hesitate to say "I told you so," as I know you haters wouldn't if you were right, and especially because of the retarded levels of hate that are occuring on this site. Stop the hate so early on, and HTTR! (otherwise grab a knife and fall on it.)

Rivers didn't sit, he was at least active and played both his rookie year and sophmore year.

Plus Drew Brees was a much better QB and is a much better QB than Brunell is right now.

Rivers was active in 4 games in 2 years--hope that wasn't too taxing. I think Brunell led his team to the playoffs last year.

Archived