Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's the Front Office--Stupid (or lack thereof)

skins4eva

I think it is hard for fans who do not know the players personally, what type of impact they have ont he team outside of their physcial contributions, etc, to evaluate some important things. How do certain guys affect morale? Or hope? Or intensity? Practice discipline? Motivation? Second guessing without a lot more info than we have is not wise imo. However, as grandad used to say, the proof is in the puddin'. Without Gibbs snyder sux. Maybe gibbs can grow him up, we will see. I would help dan out, but he would have to fire cruise first. Anyone dumb enough to believe we are descendants of aliens is not intelligent enough to help run a football franchise of any quality.

Looking at the recent coaching changes, I think it is only a matter of time before these guys gel as a staff, and bring the younger ones up to speed and improve them. Personell decisions? What do we know about these guys we talk about anyway? Stats from one hour a week? That isn't much to base a decision on. The coaches know them, and should decide who is good for us and who isn't.

Then we also need reliable folks outside the coach's box to bring in folks they believe in too. I don't think second guessing every decision serves any constructive purpose. We are where we are. I am sure with each decision more was learned about how to make them. Guessing about Gibb's intentions with each player is foolish. Duckett is an assett, how that will play out remains to be seen for us.

I think it is hard for fans who do not know the players personally, what type of impact they have ont he team outside of their physcial contributions, etc, to evaluate some important things. How do certain guys affect morale? Or hope? Or intensity? Practice discipline? Motivation? Second guessing without a lot more info than we have is not wise imo. However, as grandad used to say, the proof is in the puddin'. Without Gibbs snyder sux. Maybe gibbs can grow him up, we will see. I would help dan out, but he would have to fire cruise first. Anyone dumb enough to believe we are descendants of aliens is not intelligent enough to help run a football franchise of any quality.

Looking at the recent coaching changes, I think it is only a matter of time before these guys gel as a staff, and bring the younger ones up to speed and improve them. Personell decisions? What do we know about these guys we talk about anyway? Stats from one hour a week? That isn't much to base a decision on. The coaches know them, and should decide who is good for us and who isn't.

Then we also need reliable folks outside the coach's box to bring in folks they believe in too. I don't think second guessing every decision serves any constructive purpose. We are where we are. I am sure with each decision more was learned about how to make them. Guessing about Gibb's intentions with each player is foolish. Duckett is an assett, how that will play out remains to be seen for us.

Please just stop....i know i'm not a scout but i know a 2-3 record is not good. I see Carter getting thrown around and ARCH not doing anything but getting burned. I see the defense getting no pressure what so ever. A secondary that is pretty horrible. Lloyd is a joke on offense. Mark Brunell cant be consistent. In yr 3 of the Gibbs regime i am very disappointed. Do i have confidence in Gibbs...Hell no. This is the same man that gave up on his offensive system in yr 2 of his comeback and hired AL Saunders to run the offense. That doesn't inspire confidence in me. Gibbs was supposed to come back and provide stability. Instead we changed offensive schemes in yr 3, we just keep on signing free agents like they are going out of style and giving away draft picks for no value. WE NEED A GM WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

Sunday, the Redskins scored three points as Randle El, Lloyd and Duckett combined to gain exactly 10 yards.

Please just stop....i know i'm not a scout but i know a 2-3 record is not good. I see Carter getting thrown around and ARCH not doing anything but getting burned. I see the defense getting no pressure what so ever. A secondary that is pretty horrible. Lloyd is a joke on offense. Mark Brunell cant be consistent. In yr 3 of the Gibbs regime i am very disappointed. Do i have confidence in Gibbs...Hell no. This is the same man that gave up on his offensive system in yr 2 of his comeback and hired AL Saunders to run the offense. That doesn't inspire confidence in me. Gibbs was supposed to come back and provide stability. Instead we changed offensive schemes in yr 3, we just keep on signing free agents like they are going out of style and giving away draft picks for no value. WE NEED A GM WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

And how many football championship teams have you raised or even observed closely as an adult? Thought so. NONE.

If you cannot see the clear huge difference between our 90s teams and hopes and now, you r blind. Does that mean there r no issues to work on? No. But the thing you have against Gibbs, is ignorant and will only put us in a worse situation with absolutely no hope.

He took us to the playoffs last year. This year has just started. Thinking anyone knows enough at a whopping 26 to know how to hire and fire personell is idiotic. They would not even be 30, and have probably never run anything of significance at that age.

Bringing Gibbs back was great, and I love that he's our coach, but I'd like to see more from him in terms of tenacity and in-game adjustment and personnel decision-making. The brunell decision will haunt this franchise--he's a terrible Qb.

Thanks for taking the time to articulate what many of us have been thinking and wanting to share. This forum is supposed to be a dialogue about the team we love. Unfortunately, there too many people here don't want to hear constructive criticism. :eaglesuck

No problem--:cheers: Glad to help.

And how many football championship teams have you raised or even observed closely as an adult? Thought so. NONE.

If you cannot see the clear huge difference between our 90s teams and hopes and now, you r blind. Does that mean there r no issues to work on? No. But the thing you have against Gibbs, is ignorant and will only put us in a worse situation with absolutely no hope.

He took us to the playoffs last year. This year has just started. Thinking you know enough at a hwopping 26 to know how to hire and fire personell is idiotic. Your not even 30, and have probably never run anything but the toilet.

The personal attacks that I highlighted in your post are uncalled for and not acceptable here. Attacking a posters thoughts are one thing, attacking the poster is another entirely.

Please try to raise your game to a higher level.

edited for your pleasure, is that acceptable or still too rough?

It's not for my pleasure. It's about treating people as you would like to be treated yourself. Simple as that. But thank you for the edit.

BTW- I believe your premise is flawed anyway. At the age of 23 I was managing a multi-million dollar national chain store with a staff of 35-60 depending on the season. I was fully responsible for every aspect including personnel management.

He took us to the playoffs last year. This year has just started. Thinking anyone knows enough at a whopping 26 to know how to hire and fire personell is idiotic. They would not even be 30, and have probably never run anything of significance at that age.

Yeah, what does age have to do with any of this? The GM of the Red Sox, Theo Epstein was 26 the year they won the world series. The current GM of the Texas Rangers was a fraternity brother of mine and is 29 yrs old. I'm an attorney, admitted in 2 states, so I don't understand your implication that 26 is somehow to young to judge the validity of personnel.

Yeah, those are called scouts.

Sounds like fun monte, mcd's or the dollar store? I have also run a few companies, and one thing I learned doing that is not to criticize the decisions of others without having all the relevant facts, and even then to keep my mouth shut cuz I wasn't in their shoes at the time. Age brings maturity and experience into all aspects of life. So yes, age has alot to do with things and being a good decision maker. Practice makes perfect. There are exceptions, and odd circumstances. 26 is young. I wish I was that again.

Bump--I know it's my own thread--but given our current kicking and punting decisions, I think we're seeing more evidence of the fact that we need someone who's only job is to spot talent and make talent evaluations.

quitcher****in

:)

The problem with hiring a GM as I see it... they'll want to manage the cap as well.

Say what you want about Danny's talent assessments, but he's a freakin genius at that cap stuff.

I like the title that Vinny has... but I think Vinny needs to go. He won't, of course... he and Dan are too tight.

B) A 42-yrd fg on the road, against a team our defense hasn't stopped all day????????????????????? That did it for me guys. It really did. One of the most gutless calls I've ever seen on a football field. It made me ashamed and embarrassed that this was my team--can you imagine how the players felt? That was the game right there, even if we had made the fg.

I agree with you here at least with regard to your point. I'm not embarrased, but I am definately upset about that decision. I see it the way you do.

On the other hand, your rant about Lemar Marshall, the D-line, and Carlos Rogers is a little off. Actually Lemar had Pro Bowl numbers last year and he and Washington should have gone or at least been alternates (Washington may have been an alternate). Marshall is quite good, and I've seen him have to compensate for Holdman's missed assignments in coverage. Your wrong about him.

Secondly, If you've listened to GW speak about his philosophy then you understand that the D-line and Secondary work hand in hand in pass defense. We aren't getting pressure with 4, but I don't know of anyone that is getting pressure with just four consistently other than the Bears and maybe the Ravens. So, It falls on the secondary in my eyes with regard to our team. I've seen us get a lot of pressure and hurries but the secondary is still out of position. Its not just one guy, its the whole secondary. They have no confidence and they aren't playing/communicating well. Actually, they just aren't playing together.

We're literally this [] close from putting it together on defense. Its a big play here and a big play there, but if we can stop that from happening EVERY game, we'll be a lot better off. Rogers is being asked to do too much in his second year. Williams knows it, I know it, and you ought to know it. Your analysis of Rogers' skills is completely wrong. He is very fast, can jump well, tackles well, and gets his hips turned fairly quick. Remember, this is only his second year. He's great in the run game, so I don't know what you are talking about there. If anything, that's one of his biggest strengths. The one thing that drives me nuts about him are his hands. He's got bricks for hands, and I think that he is just not confident yet. If he gets confident in his abilities, I think he'll be a top notch corner in this league.

Thought I'd chime in ;)

HTTR!

Rogers is good, and will be very good, getting rid of him will be a big mistake from what I've seen. Wright may have potential, but he is letting everyone throw on him right now. Confidence is a factor. He is young.

The numbers were already posted on another thread, and rogers is not the problem. Arch is not the problem. Others are marginal and one is just flat blowing it right now.

Here is the hard truth. When our o lines and dlines gave our qb more time than their qb, we won. On the field goal, we won't know what gibbs was thinking or who made that call until they tell us.

It broke down something like this on the d backs in terms of whose receivers caught passes.

Wright- 6 times (one for 44 yards)

Taylor- 3 times (one for 46 yards)

Holdman- 3 or 4 times

Rogers- 3 times (actually 4 but one was for no gain so is considered defended well)

Arch- 0 times

I will see if I can find the original post with the info and paste it here.

Our coaches suck!!! Point Blank!!! Joe Gibbs was a great coach just as Evander Holyfeild was a great boxer. I think he spends too much time managing his money from auto racing and the 5.7 million us fans are paying him. We are the people paying these coaches and they suck.
you also keep blindly shelling cash snyders way too:2cents:

I read that a few years ago that Snyder apologized to Casserly about firing him instead of Norv. I don't know why Snyder didn't learn his lesson. The problem is that this team is filled with huge egos. Players and coaches both. Gibbs had Beathard the first go around, but didn't want a GM this time. This team badly needs a GM for some structure. A bonafide GM wouldn't have given away draft picks like this regime has done.

Sounds like fun monte, mcd's or the dollar store?

Neither. It was for a very well know clothing chain that was top five in the country in both dollar volume and number of locations then, and probably second now.

Maturity and experience is definitely a plus in many cases, but not an absolute. It ultimately depends on the individual. I know many older people that are not as sharp as the average middle schooler. I also know many younger people who are wise beyond their years.

What's the future???

a) We need to start building the way successful teams like Philly, NE and Steelers build. Through the draft, and limited uses of free agency to plug obvious holes. In this offseason, LB and Secondary and D-line were the obvious holes...Arch and Carter, were not, however, the answers.

B) We need to see what Campbell can do. I'd rather go 8-8 with Campbell and have him learn and see what we have, then go 8-8 with a washed-up brunell.

Couldn't agree more.

:logo:

Synder doesn't know football and he's always looking for the quick fix...he has no patience and does not seem willing to learn it. .

Agree, our front office doesn't understand football, money can buy a lot of things, obviously patience, knowledge and wisdom are not amongst them.

Coach Gibbs and his assistants have built a legacy through wise use of the draft, and brought in a few "ready to deliver" and outstanding FA. So far it seems that we are doing the opposite, I just don't understand it, is our coaching staff under pressure from the FO ?

I will keep on hailing anyway ;)

"I cannot remember exactly but where were you on -

Bailey & Bell for Portis & Springs

Moss for Coles

Gibbs for Spurrier

Ramsey for Brunell - though i can guess that last one."

I don't think you get it. It's about a purposeful policy - a concept of operations - that builds a team over the course of several years. Individual moves can have pluses and minuses...but do they add up toward a consistent end? Personnle moves on this team have, for a long time, looked more like "which hole in the dike do we place our fingers in next?"

Archived