Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

hello, fair-weather fans

Novus

It's just the first year I've posted on this forum....so I'm sure it happens every year, every game... but, come on, guys!

If we win a game, we're Super Bowl contenders.

and, if we lose, we're the worst team in the NFL, Joe Gibbs doesn't know how to coach, Mark can't QB, blah, blah, etc., etc.

Calm down!

Do you guys realize how much parady is in the NFL now? Pretty much any team -- except maybe Oakland -- could get hot and win it all. That's just the culture of professional football now. Look at the SKINS last year. 5-6 after 12 weeks, and then won 5 straight and made the playoffs. And, came very close to making it to the NFC championship.

Take a deep breath, and enjoy the ride. It's a long season.

We really do have a good team.

go SKINS

It's just the first year I've posted on this forum....so I'm sure it happens every year, every game... but, come on, guys!

and, if we lose, we're the worst team in the NFL, Joe Gibbs doesn't know how to coach, Mark can't QB, blah, blah, etc., etc.

Calm down!

Do you guys realize how much parady is in the NFL now? Pretty much any team -- except maybe Oakland -- could get hot and win it all. That's just the culture of professional football now. Look at the SKINS last year. 5-6 after 12 weeks, and then won 5 straight and made the playoffs. And, came very close to making it to the NFC championship.

go SKINS

:applause::cheers:

Calm down!

go SKINS

What are you thinking.... this team sucks, how dare you shine a glimmer of hope on such a horrible team.

We have the worst corp of WR's in the league, our Coach doesn't know how to coach his way out of a paper bag, our QB is inept and couldn't possibly throw the ball more than 5 yards forward, we have the worst set of offensive linemen in the league, not to mention our Defensive linemen that can't seem to figure out that their goal is to reach the opposing teams QB... we ar e a bunch of what have you done for me lately ppl here and forget what happened the previous 2 weeks we can only judge our team by their most recent performance,

Why would anyone want to "look at the big picture" and the fact that "the season isn't only 5 weeks long". Honestly, didn't you know that its absurd to look backwards at anything beyond our most recent game?

[/sarcasm] <--- for those who don't know, this denotes that everything I said in this post to this point was pure and utter sarcasm, so imagine me saying it in a sarcastic tone...

Honestly I love the skins and I called for them to go 11-5. I still stick with that because I fully expected 3-4 of those wins to come in the first half of the season while we got used to the new offense and while our team gelled together. also, to this point I figured we would be either 2-3 or 3-2 but that was mainly because I thought we might win or lose the Jags game... here was the breakdown I had, Vikings-win, Dallas-loss, Texans-win, Jags-tossup, NYG-loss, Titans-win, Indy-loss... that was how I saw our first few games.

Honestly I think that going into our BYE week we will be at worst 3-4 with 2 weeks to prepare for Dallas at home and honestly with the way Indy played against the Jags and the Titans (barely winning both games) I think we may just be able to go into the BYE at 4-3 with 2 straight wins and building momentum to face Dallas at home after extra preparation time.

Think about it, I know the chances of beating Indy are kind of slim, but we are supposed to get Springs back next week, he could use that game like CP used the Texans game, a preseason game if you will, to get used to playing again. He may be able to be in full stride for the Colts game, and we should be showing a completely different D against Manning than what they will be watching on film. We will be able to bitz more and put up a lot more pressure than we did today. This gives us a legitimate chance against them. They will be watching next week closely... Not to overlook the Titans cause we really need to win that one because we need to win the games we should win, but the Colts is obviously gonna be a tougher game.

Why does somebody have to start a thread like this after every loss? There are plenty of diehard, B&G bleeding fans who yell to high hell when the Skins lose. It's been that way for every team for a long time, and it will remain so. It's all part of the deal.

People wanna rant sometimes. So get off your high horse, step down form the soap box, & let 'em rant.

Oh, and welcome to the board. :D

What are you thinking.... this team sucks, how dare you shine a glimmer of hope on such a horrible team.

We have the worst corp of WR's in the league, our Coach doesn't know how to coach his way out of a paper bag, our QB is inept and couldn't possibly throw the ball more than 5 yards forward, we have the worst set of offensive linemen in the league, not to mention our Defensive linemen that can't seem to figure out that their goal is to reach the opposing teams QB... we ar e a bunch of what have you done for me lately ppl here and forget what happened the previous 2 weeks we can only judge our team by their most recent performance,

Why would anyone want to "look at the big picture" and the fact that "the season isn't only 5 weeks long". Honestly, didn't you know that its absurd to look backwards at anything beyond our most recent game?

[/sarcasm] <--- for those who don't know, this denotes that everything I said in this post to this point was pure and utter sarcasm, so imagine me saying it in a sarcastic tone...

Dude, seriously are you even a skins fan? all that negativity is not needed on this forum. :silly:

The fact that we critique what is going on does not make us less fan. This is sports, not the Nazi party. We do not have to say Zieg Hiel, when there are obvious problems. That does not mean we are not fans. We are fans that question what is going on.

See i love these types of threads.I mean what do you guys expect we just lost our second division game.Im sorry thats not good i mean the season is not over, yeah i will give you that.I just want to know is there one person that thinks we have a SB team right now.I mean thats what its all about is the big game.Im going to tell you right now we dont have a SB team.Yes that might be negative,but its the truth we dont.You guys need to just see what other people are starting to see.Its just another Redskin year.I would love to go back to when you older guys have seen them win the big game.Im only 21,but come on they have done nothing for what 15 years.Im just saying the team needs to change the way they do things around here.We need to us draft picks we need to keep people like Clark and Pierce.We need to stop spending money on people like Carter,Arch and even Lloyd.Im not saying its Lloyds fault,but if we are not going to us him why sign him.Then we get Duckett what a joke.I mean lets just give our picks away.Another thing i love Gibbs,but he is just as much to blame as anyone.He is the head coach i mean i love the guy.He is all heart,but he better start changing s*** around here.We need some players and some coaches to step up and get this team going.Here is a idea lets us what little picks we have next year.I dont want one big free agent signing.All i want is to resign Cooley and Taylor.Then get some depth for this team.The one pick we do have lets get a pass rusher.Then i will be happy we need change simple as that.

Clearly we should all be happy with how the team is playing. I mean, I'm sure the players and coaches are HAPPY that we racked up 3 points today. But ignore today, we won last week.

And a fair weather fan is NOT someone tcomplains after their team ***** the bed...A fair weather fan changes to a team on top. If someone is a fan of the Redskins right now(which I am) they are definitely not fair weather

Calm down!

go SKINS

I laugh to myself a little bit every time I read a post like this and NOT because I disagree with you, I actually agree with you 100%. The reason I laugh is because this is how life is to follow a sport. A huge part of ALL fan bases freak out at every loss and go off the deep end. Even teams like the Pats and the Steelers who have very recent success have lots of fans go insane at every mistake or loss. It is never going to stop, no matter how much we all try and calm down each other and tell each other not to freak out. It is a part of the sports culture, when passions and emotions are high this is going to happen everywhere and all the time.

Well let's look at our team compared to some teams who are actually good and probably will make the playoffs:

Bears: Simply amazing. Their fans don;t have to even worry about any team they face. Their D is still solid and their Offense is smooth and well put together. They kind of remind me of the Rams during their first SB run. Oh and wasn;t Lovie part of that coaching staff as well?

Eagles: McNabb looks better then in the past. Their D id dominant. Their secondary knows how to get it done and opposing qb's are always feeling the heat.

Colts: Good as always. Peyton is smart. He knows just how to manage a game and win it. If your defense makes a mistake, Peyton will capitalize on it. They don;t even have to be winning the whole game. If they can just hang around, they will most likely win.

Now the Redskins : Inconsistent. Offense strong one week, lackluster the next. The defense looks weak and lacks intensity. Blitzes and pressure are nearly nonexistent. The secondary looks like a bunch of high school players.

TRUE...BUT

We had an opportunity in the game to shift the momentum and get something going. When you send the message to your team that you don't believe that they can get 1 yard, you're slapping them in the face. Result: they play with no confidence the rest of the game, which is what happened. Our game went to hell in a hand basket. Not a good day for the Redskins. On to next week. Stop panicing yes, but recognize that the players, staff, and head coach made some mistakes in this game. Everyone makes mistakes, but the question is can they learn from them and fix it the next time certain situations come around.

HTTR!

Dude, what you say makes sense, without a doubt. But some of the dicks on this board don't care. They think a loss means the end of the season. It makes no sense whatsoever to me.

It's a real bring-down, as if we need something else to bum us out at this point of the week.

Why are y'all so mad?? I'll explain so maybe we can all calm down a lil bit. You're on this forum because, like me, you LOVE this team. They are part of WHO you are. You glued to any news during the draft, you can't sleep in April as you watch for any free agent signings, the coming of August and preseason causes visions of sugarplums to dance in your heads. Now the season has begun and you want to see your off season excitement grow to fruition. You live and die this team.

When they perform poorly, you feel cheated

When they do well, you feel vindicated. Those countless hours of worry begin to pay off.

Today was a "I feel cheated" day. I'll admit it, I sure do! This week will be a bit down for me, but come Saturday my hope will rebuild... to a crest on Sunday. This roller coaster experience is what we live for. We'd be bored stiff after our 16th straight win in a row, we want to see a game. Revenge for a previous loss, being truly excited about what happens in the fourth quarter. While not important in the lives of many, Its Important to US! Importance matters, Importance is life! Its not "just a game" to us. So today is a day to be sad, enjoy that this game can make you sad because you care. We WILL win again (we'll also lose again) but along the way we'll have our compatriates on this forum to share our emotions.

Joe Gibbs gave us our dreams back, he'll be disappointed today as well. Don't shoot this coach, don't shoot each other. Somewhere there are people who don't care enough to be sad, and they my friends, are much sadder than you.....

Next week is what I'm living for now, wanna join me?

My opinion of the Redskins is based merely upon their performance on the field EVERY Sunday! I've loved the Redskins every day since the mid sixties. I've even loved them through the dismal 90s through today, and I loved when Joe Gibbs came back! But I am uncertain as to the credentials of the rest of the coaching staff, including the "Genius," Gregg Williams! I expect this team to play their hearts out EVERY Sunday, not just every other, or every third Sunday!

I am totally dismayed by the performance of this team today! They showed NO glimmer of a team that deserves to go to the playoffs! Now, I hope I am proved wrong, but I expect a team to show up EVERY Sunday! We blew monkey-chunks in every way possible, both offense AND defense today! I follow the grand old football philosophy of "what have you done for me lately." We looked great last week against a good team. We looked awful in every way possible today! If they played their hearts out and lost .. no big deal. At least they would have showed that they tried in every way possible to win. But they didn't, and thus the frustrations you see on this board today!

I am every bit the homer as anyone else here, but the "Al Saunders experiment" has been an absolute bust so far. We weren't that bad on offense last year. Why did we feel the need to change the entire playbook THIS year?! You know, if Joe would have just come out and said (if this were the case) that he could no longer physically endure the handling of the play calling and thus we brought in Saunders, that would be enough for me. But otherwise, why did we do this? I understand stinking it up in the preseason and maybe the first game or two because they're still learning this offense, but somewhere after week 4 they need to start winning games and showing improvement on a consistent basis. Otherwise, let's just call it a "rebuilding year" and go with that?

So .. when you call people who honestly question a pathetic display, in every way possible, "fair weather fans" .. well, if it makes you feel better, knock yourself out! But don't be surprised when people get a little cranky when we stink up the joint the way we did today!! These guys are professionals. If they don't play up to their fans expectations, they should be men enough to take the criticism as well as the adoration!

Archived