Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

hello, fair-weather fans

Novus

1) Welcome to the board!

2) . . . Welcome to the board after a terrible, terrible loss!

3) You're 24, you know the drill. Redskins fans are more bi-polar than T.O. Everything is an extreme with us, which is why we're ExtremeSkins. So don't worry about it. We play, or "play", in the nation's capital, and we very much reflect their politics-type swaying. It's how we are.

4) I'm mostly pissed because we do have all the pieces, except for Springs and Prioleau who everyone's seemed to have forgotten, and they're just not doing their jobs. Like I said before: The Giants didn't win this game; we lost it.

But yeah, welcome! None of us are fairweather fans, but we just recognize when there's something that we deserve, you know?

I will say this, it isn't fair that the people that complain are called fair weather fans... they are just overly reactionary.

They love this team but don't necessarily believe in this team, meaning they love the organization and will root for them on gameday every week but they haven't bought into this particular set of players just yet.

I will answer a couple of posts I have seen here so far...

Are we supposed to be happy with the way the team played today, are we supposed to only dwell on the good things that happened last week and the week before?

No we aren't, we should be very upset about this game, I am, but neither should we forget about what we did last week simply because we played poorly this week. What we should take from both weeks is that we still have a long way to go but we have shown that we can do the job aswell. We need to remember last week for the hope it gives us that this system and these players really work, but look at today and try to figure out why they didn't today in order to fix it for the future.

We see threads like this after every loss....

Well frankly, I saw this thread and 1 other talking about this subject... every other thread (about 20) was talking about how our team sucks, the season is over, Brunell is done for his career, Rogers is a substandard CB and can't hold Walt Haris' Jock, Portis is a primadona, blah blah blah... I think that there is reason to hope here with this team and frankly on game day after a loss and on the next 5 days after a loss I can barely stand to come here with all the negativity, its threads like this that actually make me think that I am not alone in my thinking that we still have reason to hope...

Don't we have a reason to gripe after a loss like this? Why don't you ppl seem to think that we have a right to complain after our team played like crap today?

Well you do have reason and a right to post all your complaints here, vent your frustrations... but stay out of the couple threads like this one where a few ppl still want to hold on to hope, frankly we want to vent our frustrations too, just that our frustrations are directed at the negative reactionary fans and not as much at the team or at least we see all the negativity and our frustrations with the team are transfered on to you because your doubting and lack of faith drive us insane... sometimes I swear I want to be Darth Vader "I find your lack of faith disturbing *force choke*"

The forum here is for expressing our feelings about our beloved team no matter what they are, some of us get tired of seeing ppl react to a single game as much as they do... honestly its the same ppl, or at least it seems like it.. we win against a good team and we are going to the SB and we lose to a team in their house after their bye week and we are the houston texans. Its frustrating for us ya know.

1) Welcome to the board!

2) . . . Welcome to the board after a terrible, terrible loss!

3) You're 24, you know the drill. Redskins fans are more bi-polar than T.O. Everything is an extreme with us, which is why we're ExtremeSkins. So don't worry about it. We play, or "play", in the nation's capital, and we very much reflect their politics-type swaying. It's how we are.

4) I'm mostly pissed because we do have all the pieces, except for Springs and Prioleau who everyone's seemed to have forgotten, and they're just not doing their jobs. Like I said before: The Giants didn't win this game; we lost it.

But yeah, welcome! None of us are fairweather fans, but we just recognize when there's something that we deserve, you know?

I know every game counts towards the playoff but how come every week on this forum people act like the fate of the world rest on every single game as if it is the last game we will ever play?

Because when you come into the game at 2-2 against a division opponent, and you have a goose egg in your division, you can't afford to lose too many more, even this early in the season. To run the table like we did last year isn't something I want to have to repeat again! Remember, last year the Beagles were for all intents a non-factor, so we "only" :rolleyes: had to worry about the G'aints, and we had already beaten the 'Girlz.

So pardon the desperation, yes at "only" the 2-3 point in the season, when we are a little concerned when we show a major step back! I haven't given up on this team, but I am being honest that Saunders and "Mr Two G's Genius" had better find a way to keep this team in games, and VERY soon!

And Mr Saunders: if we could find a way to throw just one or two passes per game more than ten yards, that would be smashing! mmmKay?!

i don't think it's the end of the season, but i'm pretty pissed off at the effort and performance of the team today. once again, they laid an absolute egg and didn't show up to play. they couldn't execute ANYTHING and we sucked as a team. if we don't get more consistent and atleast show some fight in every game, you're going to make lame threads like this all year, until we realize that we're 6-10

They love this team but don't necessarily believe in this team,

Well, at least in MY case, you couldn't be more wrong! I believe in EVERY game for the last forty years that the Redskins are still in it even when everyone else has already started walking out of the stadium. If there's still :55 left in the fourth quarter, I still cheer for and believe in this team.

HOWEVER, if they show a dismal performance like they did today, I'll be the first to complain, and I complain loudly! As I said before, these guys are professionals. If they choose to phone it in like they did today, they deserve ALL of the criticism we can muster! If they want accolades and adoration, they'd better perform EVERY Sunday! Does that mean that we can't ever lose? Absolutely not! As long as SOMEBODY on this team shows a consistent four-quarters of trying their best to bring home a victory, then I'm satisfied. If it results in a loss, I'm not happy, but I'm satisfied that at least they tried.

Toward the end of this week, I'll be getting excited again for the opportunity on Sunday. BUT, I expect to go to the Super Bowl THIS year, and anything less than sixteen full weeks of giving their all is unacceptable! So far, they've had ONE good game (sorry .. the Texans don't count).

So, you guys can pump yourselves up by name-calling those who are asking legitimate questions and not just rah-rah'ing a poor performance, but the questions MUST be asked at this point! It is my HOPE that Saunders and Williams can find a way to put this roster that Dan Snyder is paying for to their highest potential, and VERY soon! Until they do, they should expect a hail of tomatoes!

Well, at least in MY case, you couldn't be more wrong! I believe in EVERY game for the last forty years that the Redskins are still in it even when everyone else has already started walking out of the stadium. If there's still :55 left in the fourth quarter, I still cheer for and believe in this team.

HOWEVER, if they show a dismal performance like they did today, I'll be the first to complain, and I complain loudly! As I said before, these guys are professionals. If they choose to phone it in like they did today, they deserve ALL of the criticism we can muster! If they want accolades and adoration, they'd better perform EVERY Sunday! Does that mean that we can't ever lose? Absolutely not! As long as SOMEBODY on this team shows a consistent four-quarters of trying their best to bring home a victory, then I'm satisfied. If it results in a loss, I'm not happy, but I'm satisfied that at least they tried.

Toward the end of this week, I'll be getting excited again for the opportunity on Sunday. BUT, I expect to go to the Super Bowl THIS year, and anything less than sixteen full weeks of giving their all is unacceptable! So far, they've had ONE good game (sorry .. the Texans don't count).

So, you guys can pump yourselves up by name-calling those who are asking legitimate questions and not just rah-rah'ing a poor performance, but the questions MUST be asked at this point! It is my HOPE that Saunders and Williams can find a way to put this roster that Dan Snyder is paying for to their highest potential, and VERY soon! Until they do, they should expect a hail of tomatoes!

See, here's the thing, I didn't mean you in that post, I meant those that overreact and say things like the season is over etc etc etc.... unless you are one who has been saying that type of thing in which case nm.

Those are the ppl that love this team but don't believe in this team, they are so mad because they love the team. If you believe in the team then of course you are still going to be angry because this game they didn't validate your beliefs, in fact they stomped on them, but if you believe in this team then you pick them up and dust them off after ranting about the bad stuff you saw, all the while not losing faith that this team will find a way to pull things off as far as the entirity of the season goes.

At then end of your posts you say that it is your HOPE that saunders and Williams will pull this off.... well if you BELIEVED IN THIS TEAM you would have faith that they would not having to resort to mere hope... I have faith in God I don't simply hope that one exists, I know it in my heart. (note this is not meant to bring religion into the discussion I was simply stating a corrolation the best way I knew how and I couldn't think of anything better)

See, here's the thing, I didn't mean you in that post, I meant those that overreact and say things like the season is over etc etc etc.... unless you are one who has been saying that type of thing in which case nm.

The season's not over till **I** say it's over! :laugh:

Too many more games like today though, and I will have to do some major drywall repairs throughout my house!

To quote Joe Gibbs: "Let's get this thing started today!"

OH man another one of these threads. Everyone is upset right now, let's just not attack each other til tomorrow. Yes, Brunell CAN play, that is why we r so mad at him. Cuz he CAN but DIDN'T bother to today.

Thats every other game with him.... :doh:

I have faith in God I don't simply hope that one exists, I know it in my heart. (note this is not meant to bring religion into the discussion I was simply stating a corrolation the best way I knew how and I couldn't think of anything better)

I too believe in God. But He has consistently given me reasons to.

Now Al Saunders .. I have reason to believe that he MIGHT give me reason to believe, based upon his performance in KC. However, I believe that in football, you are only to be revered based upon your W/L ratio. The hope is that the number on the left will always remain considerably higher than the number on the right. Otherwise, "belief" in your credentials shall wane!

Mr "Two G's For Genius" has given me mixed feelings. I was willing to accept his braggadoccio last season when our D was ranked in the top three or five. This year, our only difference is that Shawn Springs has been out. Other than that, we have been led to believe that we got rid of the unnnecessary personnel and "upgraded" in those situations. This is apparently the team that Mr "Two G's for Genius" wanted. However, we are much farther down the rankings as far as defense this year and the only difference is Shawn Springs (and of course Prioleau). I know he is a huge talent, but if we can't find a way to win with 99% of the defense, then we are in BIG trouble!!

The fact that we critique what is going on does not make us less fan. This is sports, not the Nazi party. We do not have to say Zieg Hiel, when there are obvious problems. That does not mean we are not fans. We are fans that question what is going on.

Exactly, we the fans pay all these overpaid people why wouldn't we complain when our team is making poor decisions

It's just the first year I've posted on this forum....so I'm sure it happens every year, every game... but, come on, guys!

If we win a game, we're Super Bowl contenders.

and, if we lose, we're the worst team in the NFL, Joe Gibbs doesn't know how to coach, Mark can't QB, blah, blah, etc., etc.

Calm down!

Do you guys realize how much parady is in the NFL now? Pretty much any team -- except maybe Oakland -- could get hot and win it all. That's just the culture of professional football now. Look at the SKINS last year. 5-6 after 12 weeks, and then won 5 straight and made the playoffs. And, came very close to making it to the NFC championship.

Take a deep breath, and enjoy the ride. It's a long season.

We really do have a good team.

go SKINS

I've said this since the Dallas game, LET PEOPLE VENT! A majority of the fans who are calling for a player's head or a coach's job don't really mean it. They are just frustrated and upset, therefore looking for a way to vent out their anger.

Everybody does it, but everyone does it differently. Stop ragging on the frustrated folks mere hours after a loss to a division rival, I'd give them a 2 day period at LEAST. But never try to turn off the venting valve the same day the Redskins lost, let it go and by next game everyone will be on their toes again with ambition and enthusiasm.

I know some of it probably isn't too serious, but I was just venting about the venting. :D I know you guys have seen this type of post every week after every game, so forgive me. Forums have a culture of redundancy.

To be a REDSKIN fan, there has to be a way to vent your frustration, or we'd drive ourselves crazy every season. Though, there are definitely some comments I see on this board that are just a bit silly. Like I said in my earlier post, the culture of the NFL is just different now. Every team is so incredibly even. And, sometimes we're going to get our butt kicked. I do like to see how everyone is so passionate about our SKINS. We love this team. I'm just a "light at the end of the tunnel" kind of guy, and hate to see posts about how this season is over.

go SKINS.

I've said this since the Dallas game, LET PEOPLE VENT! A majority of the fans who are calling for a player's head or a coach's job don't really mean it. They are just frustrated and upset, therefore looking for a way to vent out their anger.

Everybody does it, but everyone does it differently. Stop ragging on the frustrated folks mere hours after a loss to a division rival, I'd give them a 2 day period at LEAST. But never try to turn off the venting valve the same day the Redskins lost, let it go and by next game everyone will be on their toes again with ambition and enthusiasm.

Can someone put up a sign at Redskins Park that says "11 in a row or we don't go"?

That won't do it.

Now, a sign that says:

We are holding your families hostage. Win, and they will be returned safely to you...until next week.

or...

As of today, all salaries will be on a commission basis. Wins will result in full paychecks. Losses pay basic living expenses only. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

MAYBE that would help, but I don't know.

...and to the few whackos that will undoubtedly start screaming, "Oh my God, he's advocated hostage taking...it's just a joke.

2 things I am tired of hearing from our team this year: "it's a long season" and our team has "charachter". The season is quickly approaching the half way point so the long season excuse has worn out its welcome. I love a team with good charachter but charachter alone has never won a single game, you need some talent to go with it. So, quit reasoning with the losses and go out there and win.

I move that we only have only one day of mourning. :)

The mourners shouldn't expect the rest of the forum to be kind to them.

It's not fairweather, I'm a diehard fan and I root for the skins every week. What it is is a serious criticism of the management, coaching staff, and some of our players. This team, the coaching, and to a certain degree the personnel, are a disaster. Right now we are fielding a really bad team. This team is NOT making the playoffs. I guarantee you right now. If you think otherwise, it will be your disappointment in january. I'm worried about this team's future, as opposed to right now, because at least we can help this team's future (i.e. the coaching staff can help this team's future). We have young talent. We don't use it. Other team's have young talent, they use it and win (or at least look better losing): chargers, steelers, saints, titans, the list goes on. Play campbell, not to be better this year, but to be better next year. Play rocky (maybe even to be better this year). Let Golston start (why not?). This team is not going anywhere this year, the coaches may have already realized this. Young players can play well and learn faster on the field, the coachines NEED to realize this.

Also, I use this as a form of therapy but I really do think we need a change (Jason Campbell) at QB. If you look at MBs stats from a good game (on paper) like JAX, most of his passing yards are attributed to oustanding runs after the catch. When is JC finally going to have a chance?

Guest sith lord
Heck if tennessee can get close to beating indy in indy, I have full faith in confidence that we can win that game.

Indy had an off game. It's beyond me after how we played yesterday, you could actually think we have a chance in Indy.

It's just the first year I've posted on this forum....so I'm sure it happens every year, every game... but, come on, guys!

If we win a game, we're Super Bowl contenders.

and, if we lose, we're the worst team in the NFL, Joe Gibbs doesn't know how to coach, Mark can't QB, blah, blah, etc., etc.

Calm down!

Do you guys realize how much parady is in the NFL now? Pretty much any team -- except maybe Oakland -- could get hot and win it all. That's just the culture of professional football now. Look at the SKINS last year. 5-6 after 12 weeks, and then won 5 straight and made the playoffs. And, came very close to making it to the NFC championship.

Take a deep breath, and enjoy the ride. It's a long season.

We really do have a good team.

go SKINS

I agree with you about the extremes folks take but the good team part I have to question. I think that our defense is not good, not because of coaching but due to poor personel decisions . Having Springs back is truly our only hope. Without Springs we will lose anytime we play a top passing team this year, period. You can pertend that's not the case but right now our of our base secondary we have one person that can man on man cover, S Taylor, and that is even up in the air. Carlos Rogers is not a #1 corner, and may not be a # 2 corner. Kenny Wright is not a # 2 corner and AA is not a viable safety to pair with #21. Sean taylor needs to move to S. Safety and we need to move Rogers to Free Safety he can hit and has enough cover ability to be great at that position. Leave Springs at #1 corner and find some way to get Walt Harris back.

Saying things like "we have a good team" is such a undefined statement. We have a 2-3 team that is winless in the division and in the confrence, a team that right now is one of the worst defensive teams in the league. That is what we have, it that is your definition of good then I guess you are right.

> Saying things like "we have a good team" is such a undefined statement.

> That is what we have, it that is your definition of good then I guess you > are right

Okay, I'll rephrase. Comparing our talent and potential to other NFL teams, we're in good shape. Are we playing up to our potential or playing the best football we can? Of course not. We've seen good stretches, but haven't been able to sustain that quarter to quarter or game to game. We've also had a little bit of bad luck with injuries thus far. It's a very long season, and we just need to get on a small roll to put us right back in the mix.

So, that's my definition of good. And, I'm always right. :cool:

I agree with you about the extremes folks take but the good team part I have to question. I think that our defense is not good, not because of coaching but due to poor personel decisions . Having Springs back is truly our only hope. Without Springs we will lose anytime we play a top passing team this year, period. You can pertend that's not the case but right now our of our base secondary we have one person that can man on man cover, S Taylor, and that is even up in the air. Carlos Rogers is not a #1 corner, and may not be a # 2 corner. Kenny Wright is not a # 2 corner and AA is not a viable safety to pair with #21. Sean taylor needs to move to S. Safety and we need to move Rogers to Free Safety he can hit and has enough cover ability to be great at that position. Leave Springs at #1 corner and find some way to get Walt Harris back.

Saying things like "we have a good team" is such a undefined statement. We have a 2-3 team that is winless in the division and in the confrence, a team that right now is one of the worst defensive teams in the league. That is what we have, it that is your definition of good then I guess you are right.

Archived