Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all the people who hate the dinks and drop-offs by our number 8

ejay183

I want the ball thrown deep to Moss, ARE, Lloyd, Cooley, etc. but its not happening. Also Tom Brady did nothing but short passes his first few years as the starter, it made me angry the media made him sound like Jesus on the football field. Anyway, i would love to see longer passes but if it works and gets wins, thats fine.

I want the ball thrown deep to Moss, ARE, Lloyd, Cooley, etc. but its not happening. Also Tom Brady did nothing but short passes his first few years as the starter, it made me angry the media made him sound like Jesus on the football field. Anyway, i would love to see longer passes but if it works and gets wins, thats fine.

plain simple, too the point.

I don't hate them, I just think it is a gimmicky game-plan designed around his deficiencies in the original offense they learned this summer.

The Texans D-scheme was the worst I've ever seen, no other team the Skins face will be that bad.

I don't hate it, I just think it won't work against any other team we play. Hopefully it will be expanded. I have no confidence that it can be.

I am all about the dinks and dunks, even as a feature of the offense - but without the threat of balance normally good NFL defenses can take away the one thing a team likes to do.

Teams like the Cowboys and Vikings. And Jaguars.

I don't believe we traded a 3rd and 4th round pick for Brandon Lloyd to not throw to him over the middle repeatedly.

Prove me wrong Brunell. I'm hoping you do.

and brady won superbowls...while brunell just looks bad doing it most of the time

he may look bad to YOU. because you have already decided that youre against him. but he looked pretty good last week. yes yes i know it was against houston BUT, if Brunell was as bad as you and others would like to believe he would not have accomplished what he did. even against a sorry team like the texans.

you cant have it both ways.

guys should be happy

their are qbs doing worse then brunell

jake delhomme, jake plummer, drew bledsoe, kurt warner, tom brady, eli manning

So be happy with a mediocre QB, let me see, uhmmmmm.............. no. So STFU, I don't give a damn about any other teams QB except ours so can it. Brunell better bring his A game against the Jaguars defense. That dink and dunk crap aint gonna work. But I am sure Saunders knows this anyways.:rolleyes: :point2sky

So be happy with a mediocre QB, let me see, uhmmmmm.............. no. So STFU, I don't give a damn about any other teams QB except ours so can it. Brunell better bring his A game against the Jaguars defense. That dink and dunk crap aint gonna work. But I am sure Saunders knows this anyways.:rolleyes: :point2sky

Nice, throwing a stfu at a fellow fan. The dink and dunk happened to work last weekend. This Sun will most likely be a different gameplan, different packages, and hopefully same results.

When did you become the end all opinion on the NFl on what works and what doesnt,

I tend to leave it with the pros and our HOF coach. There is no way I (or you) can even venture an informed opinion above them.

take it easy francis. he was stating a point.

Sorry, it just seems people have every freaking excuse for Brunell under the sun......it tends to start to get annoying. But he did play GOOD this weekend though, but he ain't out of my doghouse till I get some consistency bcos this team deserves the best . I also am no know all at all, just call it like I see it.

Yeah! Winning is overrated, we need some deep balls! Who cares if they're covering it and leaving the short/intermediate wide open! Who cares if we're moving the chains, controlling the ball and eating up the clock! A good QB would be able to force a deep ball into double coverage and make it a completion! /sarcasm

You don't change the offensive play calling when it's guided you to a 28-7 lead early on, so I can't fault the coaching staff for sticking with what works... against Houston.

But the play calling wasn't different than that of the first two games, and we lost them. The execution was better on the plays themselves, but it's difficult to evaluate how much of that was actually the Redskins playing well or the Texans playing poorly. We know the Texans cannot tackle.

I don't think the dink-and-dunk will work against Jacksonville, as they're a much better defense that actually tackles. They will also be willing to make adjustments. I don't want to be saying "I told you so" this time next week, so let's hope the Redskins do develop the deep game that they had last year.

Also we won't beat the Jags with 126 yards worth of penalties.

He better? Or what? You'll bench him?

lol... some of these naysayers are getting worse as each day passes by.

Brunell does throw the deep ball, and he has done it. He did it against Minny(even with Moss being shoved out of bounds and off his route), just not against the Cowboys. Against the Texans, we we're whooping them with the screens and swings and the check downs, so who gives a crap. It worked extremely well. So all because of one game where he didn't go downfield he can't do it according to you 'fans'? ONE GAME?

Having completed one pass downfield (and who cares if Moss was shoved out of bounds, does this make the pass any better? Maybe it makes it worse?) after three games is not evidence that Brunell can throw the ball downfield. As far as I can tell, the second longest completion Mark has thrown this season was to Roy Williams.

I'm not a Brunell naysayer, because I think he can win and I feel he's demonstrated a capacity for it last year and to a much lesser degree last week. But his play thus far has not instilled much confidence this far.

Let's hope he has a great game against Jacksonville.

The offenses saunders had were all explosive and could run when needed. Moss averaging 8 yards a catch in a game and loyd averaging 10 yards a catch in a game is not explosiveness. However the offense was consistent and good enough for the win. The idea i guess is to get teams to commit to the LOS and try to press and blitz more, allowing moss (with his shiftiness) to maybe get deep and burn them. I don't see loyd beating the press, though randle el probably could. Sooner or later teams will start to play at the LOS and we will see if brunell can hit the open receivers deep, or the oline can hold up to a blitz all day.

As long as they keep producing + yardage and first downs...what is there to complain about?

We keep the ball in possession and wear out their defense....why not???

Yet again, someone trying to be logical. Stop it. Didn't you get the memo that the Brunnel haters hate logic just as much as they hate him. Stop it, I say. Stop it!!!!!:silly:

You know I don't think I've really seen it posted... but if Moss can get past coverage and the teams start trying to prevent our dunkin donut short passes, really all Brunelle has to do is throw it out there. Moss or hell any of our receivers I think are more then talented enough in making catches or adjusting to overthrown &/or underthrown balls and I know Brunelle can loft something out there. The question isn't really IF we will do it, it's more of when will the defense try and take away the short stuff allowing us to go deep.

Archived