Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hand In Your " The Future is Now!" sigs here: Here's your chance!

LoudMouth12thMan

You may want find the post where I said JC does. I don't have a clue if he does. The statement I have made is he couldn't be any worse.

Enjoy the search.

I've read it, but I don't think it is all Mark's fault for playing bad and should merit JC coming in until we know the playoffs are out of reach. We are only three games in and one game back in the division.

The funniest thing about all of this is EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was calling this type of performance by Brunell. A good effort against a very sorry team this week which would get the dogs called off for a while. Brunell didn't have a good game though, he had a great game. The fact of the matter is, it was a very sorry team and I'm still very skeptical about this. It just makes me laugh to see alot of the fans change their tune so quickly after a great performance against such a sorry team. Everyone knew this was going to happen.

I am sure that this wasn't directed at me--well, atleast not JUST towards me.

I will say this though, I never was bashing Brunell so there is no way that I could have 'changed my tune'. I stand behind this team regardless who is at the helm. That is me though and it is obvious that you choose to have a different taste.

When you think negative and act negative, negative things will come. Nothing good can come out of displaying such a sig but, looking tasteless. This is not a knock at you personally or even a play on words that I am a bigger fan than you are... however, standing behind this team and showing that you support them through it all will do wonders. Positive actions lead to positive results. Try it sometime. :)

The pile on is getting old. The "real fans" take the "we trust Gibbs" position when Mark sucks and "told you so" on the minority of games in which he has a good to great showing. A lot of people don't trust Mark and think he's a major problem because, admit it people, the guy does have a lot of bad games. It's a difference of opinion that certainly hasn't been settled with one good showing against the worst defense in the NFL. It's a start and I'm thrilled but stop acting like the guy will never be bad again, because we all know you babies will cry "bandwagon" if the told you so thread goes the other way next time Brunell puts up a stinker.

For the person that thinks blaming one guy is classless - maybe it is but that doens't make it any less true. Today we saw the difference a single player can really make. One player can change everything, for the better or for the worse. Our offense with Portis looks completely different then our offense without him. He can pass block better then all the other backs and he turns decent runs into big runs constantly. One player - big impact. That can work the other way as well.

You are only happy because the Mountaineers are playing real good ball. Put a lid on it, Major! :silly:

Penn State does not look too well so I am jealous

a good weekend for me. :D

btw, i still say that on the first int. return for a td, the OSU defender spiked the ball before crossing the goal line.

I agree but, it is what it is. It's not like it was a one TD game or anything though. :silly:
no, but it was at that point, wasn't it?
True. That says a lot about the officiating during these NCAA games though. As if the NFL wasn't enough for the refs to mess with.

You two need to get a room. This thread is for name calling, 'I told you sos', and 'I'm a bigger/better fan than you are' type posts. ;)

The Texans are the worst team in the league and Brunell (before Yards after the catch) average throw could not have been more thank 7 yards.

He couldnt go downfield and when he did -- sure enough -- he was almost picked off.

Ohio State could beat the Texans. When he plays well against a good team...Ill be the first to gladly eat my words.

But for now, stop puffing your chest. Brunell stinks.

i honestly think that anyone who changes their mind about brunell based on one game against probably the worst defense in the nfl is a lot more ridiculous than people who are bashing him for his first 2 pitiful performances. its great he set the record, it really is. but he did it by largely doing what he did the first 2 games. dumping off the ball. look at cooley for crying out loud 4 catches for 18 yards(4.2 yards per catch), moss 6 catches for 50 (8.4 yards per catch), someone would have to fill in on how portis got his 76 yard catch, was it a dumpoff that portis turned into a great run after catch or was it a deep throw. he did have a 25 yarder to DP but i wouldnt exactly call that bombing away down the field.

like i said, hats off to brunell for the record but stop acting like the guy suddenly turned into tom brady or joe montana overnight.

Chuuurch!!!!!

Brunell completed exactly one pass where he physically threw it more than 10 yards. He was able to set a completion record b/c he was throwing check-downs & screens to open RBs & WRs. Houston never adjusted to take away the underneath stuff. Manning & McNabb didn't set completion records against Houston b/c unlike Brunell, they took shots downfield.

No we didn't need Brunell to take shots downfield against Houston but to think he's going to be able to reproduce or even come close to this performance against an NFL caliber defense (especially against an elite defense like Jacksonville) is a throughly ridiculous assumption. I hope and pray he does but there's a severe lack of realism in many of the comments I've seen saying that Brunell detractors need to eat crow for today's performance.

Lets see what happens when Jacksonville stacks 8 in the box and forces Brunell to beat them with his arm. That's a real test. Houston wasn't a real test. Houston was a good confidence builder but stop making more out of it than whats really there. We beat a terrible team that we were supposed to beat. Brunell did his thing today...but doesn't make him infallable for what he's done for the majority of the past 2+ years or what he will do from now forward.

"Hats off to Brunell. The offense was clicking and it put Brunell that much higher in his level of play. Those plays were not hard to make, but knowing when to make them is what puts him above Campbell. "

are you yet another closet racist? how in the world would you possibly know what JC can or would do? doesn't it make YOU wonder, pinhead, why Saunders and the coaching staff felt a need to water things down for MB?

I support MB because he has been loyal to theteam and because the coaching staff thoroughly fouled up the personnel preps anyway - he is our only real option at QB for the time being. but a little reality please....MB has done some things well and has yet to do other things. you have to ask yourself...will we need him to do those other things? (like go deep or even mid-range, or across the middle).

You two need to get a room. This thread is for name calling, 'I told you sos', and 'I'm a bigger/better fan than you are' type posts. ;)

:laugh:

Brunell had a very good game. He still has yet to prove he can throw a 30 yard pass.

Point? And Peyton Manning can't run for 50 yards a game. Do you see how silly that sounds? You do what puts you in position to win. If we win by throwing dump-offs all game then who cares how 'sexy' it is. A win is a win is a win no matter the flavor.

The Texans are the worst team in the league and Brunell (before Yards after the catch) average throw could not have been more thank 7 yards.

He couldnt go downfield and when he did -- sure enough -- he was almost picked off.

Ohio State could beat the Texans. When he plays well against a good team...Ill be the first to gladly eat my words.

But for now, stop puffing your chest. Brunell stinks.

He didn't beat any good teams last year? I thought this was a team game and not ONCE in this NFL have you heard of a QB carrying a team to the SB. If that is the case then the Colts would have won the SuperBowl year after year. If your o-line can't block, your RB can't run or pass block, WRs can't catch, defense can't stop the big play.. you will lose EVERYTIME.

I dont really understand this logic either. We have yet to see what Campbell can do so lets just all assume he would come in and tank it...:rolleyes: The answer to having a successful season is to play to Mark Brunell's strengths and win with Portis, I dont want Campbell in this season but to say we would be giving the season away is kind of foolish. He is a first round pick, not a 6th round camp fodder.

with his 6th offense in 6 years to learn, so yes he is a rookie again in terms of knowing the offense

heck even Mark is struggling with the O still

And no Redskins fan will argue that. Does this mean Brunell is the right man for the job.

Most of us don't think so. The poll that was done this last week showed there is a 78% push towards someone else, and that sir, is a fact around these parts.

last i checked none of us our coaches :silly:

with his 6th offense in 6 years to learn, so yes he is a rookie again in terms of knowing the offense

heck even Mark is struggling with the O still

Where is that guy that tried to call me insane for comparing JC's mindset to that of a rookies because he lacks the knowledge AND experience in the NFL?

I am glad that someone else agrees with me. :cheers:

Archived