Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all those agree that Ramsey would be gettin the job done right now, post here.

Vman2k6

Wasn't Brad Johnson suppose to be a back up QB when we let him go?

Blame Jeff George on that one and Danny.

However you can not compare Johnson to Ramsey since at least Brad was a legit starting NFL qb that many teams were interested in and we gave up 1 or 2 #'1 picks for :)

Listen, I have complete faith in Mark Brunell, and that the Redskins are gonna turn it around this week and have a great season. However, I do think that with the receivers and offensive line we have, Ramsey and his cannon of an arm would be lighting it up right now. Even if he did throw a couple of int's here and there, he'd putting up touchdowns like crazy.

Anyone agree?

I'd take you as our starter over Brunell. I'd even take me and I only have one good eye.

Wasn't Brad Johnson suppose to be a back up QB when we let him go?

Letting Johnson go, was the most idiotic decision this organization made during Snyder's pre-Gibbs tenure. I still can't get over that one. Watching game one, just cemeted that even further. The guy is still playing well, and Jeff George couldn't even last a week with the Raiders.

of course ramsey would be playing better than brunell, he always would have if ever given a shot to keep his job, he could of proved that, the short time he did play, he proved that he greatly improved his pocket presence and ability to read the field

dont forget, he had more yards passing in the 1st qtr against the bears than brunell threw for the other 3 qtrs combined, and sure he had an int, but that td right before should of never been called back due to a cheap offensive p.i., one thing ramsey was always able to do is MOVE THE BALL DOWNFIELD, something brunell lacks, i would take a turnover here and there if it gave us oppurtunities to score as well, something brunell and his playing safe doesnt do is give us these multiple oppurtunites at the endzone

completely unbiased opinion too :silly:

Guest Rafterman

Word out of NY is that they were VERY disappointed with what they gave up for PR.

Seems they agree with Coach Gibbs assessment of his abilities.

Gibbs let the wrong QB go there is no doubt about that! When it happen I said OMG we got no backup! Brunell always screws up, Gibbs knew this would happen, but he wanted to protect his boy. Does anybody think Brunell could start for any team in the NFL? Well if you do....never mind. Here is something that people seem to omitt, just completely look over it. Mark Brunell NEVER had better stats than Patrick Ramsey for the season! Ramsey's QB rating was 10 points higher in 04 and again in 05.

I would not mind having Pat back on this roster. However, I believe he is just a back-up and nothing more. He tends to rush things and make bad throws.

I'm happy with our QB situation right now. Go ahead, bash me for it. Mark will turn things around for this team.

I don't know if he'd be "getting the job done" in a 100% fashion, but I would definitely rather have him starting than Brunell.

Even moreso, let me throw out some names:

Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson, Drew Brees, Jon Kitna, Drew Bledsoe. We could have easily any of them instead of Brunell, some of them much cheaper, and any of them would have been infinitely better.

Patric out played Brunnell in 04 with the same group of offensive players around him so there is really no evidence to suggest that he wouldnt have out played Brunnell last year. Its crazy to think of what could have been if we would have been getting constistantly above poor QB play all year.

I know a lot of people like to excuse Brunnells 04 play to injury but he's always injured so you have to evaluate him that way .

Patric out played Brunnell in 04 with the same group of offensive players around him so there is really no evidence to suggest that he wouldnt have out played Brunnell last year. Its crazy to think of what could have been if we would have been getting constistantly above poor QB play all year.

I know a lot of people like to excuse Brunnells 04 play to injury but he's always injured so you have to evaluate him that way .

Gibbs let the wrong QB go there is no doubt about that! When it happen I said OMG we got no backup! Brunell always screws up, Gibbs knew this would happen, but he wanted to protect his boy. Does anybody think Brunell could start for any team in the NFL? Well if you do....never mind. Here is something that people seem to omitt, just completely look over it. Mark Brunell NEVER had better stats than Patrick Ramsey for the season! Ramsey's QB rating was 10 points higher in 04 and again in 05.

It's about time I got some help, becasue I been getting killed.

Maybe it is just me but I like gun slingers, even when they throw innterceptions. But thier risk seems to always have more rewards.

Oh c'mon. Give it a rest. This Gibbs protecting his guy thing is tired. Coach is the kind of guy that is more concerned about that than winning? Please. Though if you do believe that, how about substantiating that with something a little more concrete than " He kept him didn't he?" And as stated earlier, Ramsey is sitting behind a QB who never had as big of an arm as Ramsey before he had surgery and a rookie who has yet to see any real game action. Oh yeah. Much better QB.

Ramsey is sitting behind a QB who never had as big of an arm as Ramsey before he had surgery and a rookie who has yet to see any real game action. Oh yeah. Much better QB.

Man PCS, you know if Pennington gose down that they will put that rookie in and he will get killed. I know you don't think he is better then Ramsey.

Man PCS, you know if Pennington gose down that they will put that rookie in and he will get killed. I know you don't think he is better then Ramsey.

What I think is irrelevant. It's simple fact. Patrick is behind those guys. Plain and simple. And for a reason I would imagine.

Archived